Inverness v Accies MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Inverness v Accies MATCH THREAD

Postby H9crx » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:57 pm

Very good result

Well done the fans who went to the game

Well done the team

Well done Carlton Morris - a srtandard player who we would not have had our last two wins with out! Thank you

Sad that fans are more content at having dig at other users rather than enjoying wins!

This win is most welcome! But does not change that Canning is a Dud to Quote a fellow poster! Even a broken watch gets it correct onece in a while.

Joy full this result is with a manager we could be celebrating more than just survival in this poor league.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby AlMac » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:31 pm

H9crx wrote:Sad that fans are more content at having dig at other users rather than enjoying wins!

This win is most welcome! But does not change that Canning is a Dud to Quote a fellow poster! Even a broken watch gets it correct onece in a while.

Joy full this result is with a manager we could be celebrating more than just survival in this poor league.

It was a very good result and everyone deserves credit.

It's a bit sad that some fans can't enjoy a win without having a go at the manager......
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:58 pm

AlMac wrote:
H9crx wrote:Sad that fans are more content at having dig at other users rather than enjoying wins!

It was a very good result and everyone deserves credit.

It's a bit sad that some fans can't enjoy a win without having a go at the manager......

touché
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:43 am

Brilliant day. Well done to every player (especially Gills). Pretty good goal from Morris and good to see every player delighted at the end.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:45 am

As haircut 100 said - fantastic day!

Great drive up and back - noisiest 59 fans ever - almost all positive shouts and singing.

So happy we made the trip when I saw the return to 4-5-1.

Gills was great until he went off and Dougie's attitude is second to none in the league.

If Dougie or Ziggy were in the Rangers team there would be a clamour for international recognition!

Well done Accies (and Canning for having the courage to go back to 4-5-1)
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:55 am

H9crx wrote:Very good result

Well done the team

Well done Carlton Morris - a srtandard player who we would not have had our last two wins with out! Thank you

Sad that fans are more content at having dig at other users rather than enjoying wins!

Usual nonsense with hypocrisy and irony thrown in. You have no idea what kind of player Morris is. As usual you are all over the place; no one has mentioned survival but you are now saying it has been achieved but that it's still not good enough. This from the man who said 'relegated by Christmas'.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:00 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:

Well done the team

Usual nonsense with hypocrisy and irony thrown in. You have no idea what kind of player Morris is. As usual you are all over the place; no one has mentioned survival but you are now saying it has been achieved but that it's still not good enough. This from the man who said 'relegated by Christmas'.

Please stop this - great result - surely this isn't a platform to have a personal go at each other

Had one of my best accies days today
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:28 am

Bluesy wrote:
So happy when I saw the return to 4-5-1.

Well done Accies (and Canning for having the courage to go back to 4-5-1)

Definitely...it's better to have a go and win or lose, at least you've tried.
One win is better than three 0-0 draws in terms of morale and enjoyment.

Looking forward to the Partick game now.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:48 am

Couldn't make yesterday but delighted with the result and,more importantly, the return to a formation that might yield us the wins to stay up.

Pity Morris is suspended next week but gives someone else a chance to lead the line.

Hopefully this will be a springboard for the rest of the season, winning a few matches and, ultimately safe guarding our Premier league future for another year.....

Good job, Accies! :D
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby silverfox » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:03 pm

Jamie is at the helm of the bus:check
Jamie's magic bus ( the one with good seats and heating): check
Pretty much knowing the rest of fellow travellers :check
JP doing fine convenor's job dishing out the quality street and insults in equal measure : check
Great pub at Inverness: check
Great deal on the tickets: check
Way better and more organised performance from Accies with Ziggy a stand-out: check
Great refreshment stop at Aviemore on road home: check
Daley's micro-bladder creates usual glut of p**h stops on road home:check
Accies team bus pulling into Uddy as I get home :check
On days like this you forget the problems and enjoy the result:check
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:56 pm

Bluesy wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:

Well done the team

Please stop this - great result - surely this isn't a platform to have a personal go at each other

Had one of my best accies days today

Sorry I don't agree with you. We should debate and discuss the performance of players, the team manager and boards as much after a great win as we do after a defeat. Those happy to offer robust views and start repeated threads for their thoughts are happy for that kind of platform then; and we cant just let their views, imaginations or lies go unchallenged now.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:08 pm

Did McGovern have a save to make all game? ICT had a couple of dangerous counter-attacks in the first half and a bit of pressure towards the end of the 2nd but I can't recall him ever being tested.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:39 pm

accies1874 wrote:Did McGovern have a save to make all game? ICT had a couple of dangerous counter-attacks in the first half and a bit of pressure towards the end of the 2nd but I can't recall him ever being tested.

BBC report has Morris scoring past McGovern.

:roll:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35733409
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:50 pm

They hit the post.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:40 am

Burst Baws wrote:It's quite clear that there's a load of unhappy folk after this win. The sack canning bandwagon has come off the rails a wee bit so there'll be a few unhappy bunnies about haha

5 points clear of killie, I'm delighted for Canzo and Carlton Morris and hope we can build on this against the jags next week.

Aye,the fans are dazzled by a fluke win.Morris one good game in every ten.I'll reserve judgement to see if we attack a team next week we should be beating and finally win a home game after six months....seems some are too quick to forget last week's disgraceful defensive guff and surrender to a crap Motherwell team.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:37 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:
Burst Baws wrote:It's quite clear that there's a load of unhappy folk after this win. The sack canning bandwagon has come off the rails a wee bit so there'll be a few unhappy bunnies about haha

5 points clear of killie, I'm delighted for Canzo and Carlton Morris and hope we can build on this against the jags next week.

Aye,the fans are dazzled by a fluke win.Morris one good game in every ten.I'll reserve judgement to see if we attack a team next week we should be beating and finally win a home game after six months....seems some are too quick to forget last week's disgraceful defensive guff and surrender to a crap Motherwell team.

You could spin that the other way and call the Motherwell defeat the fluke.

Fact is our typical result at the moment is a draw. The obvious two debacles in January aside, in 2016 we've drawn five games, won two by a single goal, and lost two by the same margin. So the ICT result fits a pattern.

Obviously it's good to get a win, and equally clearly no cause to get carried away. On current form, we can expect to gather perhaps another seven or eight points, which ought to be enough to finish tenth. I can't see Killie getting 13 points, far less United getting double that tally. If another side, like ICT or Partick, has a particularly bad run from here in, we may just reach 9th. To be honest, I'd have settled for that at the start of the season.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives