Accies v m*******ll MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies v m*******ll MATCH THREAD

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:53 pm

Wish I have confidence for this one but I have just a wee bit after Friday but they will be on a high also after thistle game so I'm going for a no use draw. What do you lot think?
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Re: Accies v m*******ll MATCH THREAD

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:26 am

Both teams will have a touch of 'we must not lose' going into this game.

Accies need is slightly greater, imo.

Would expect a similar setup to previous few matches.....

Think it might be 0-0.....hope I'm wrong.....3-0 Accies :D
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Alexander the Great » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:04 am

I agree think its a must not lose game, well on the other hand could afford to lose it slightly more after their win.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:26 am

Hopefully we go with Morris and Brophy and play 352. Play Imrie for Lyon. A draw is not a disaster but we have to take the game to them.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Agree with SC's chopice. Imrie willgive us more midfield 'dig'. I thought the game passed Lyon by, on too many occasions last Friday.

Well worth staring with Brophy to see whether he can replicate his Celtic performance, and if not, he can be substituted before it's too late.

Almost bound to be a nervy defensive set-up by both teams, looking to score 'on the break'.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:52 pm

We don't look like beating any one in the top 6 so our fellow strugglers must be the target, particularly after the shocking results against them in and around December. No home win since September is also not form that will keep us in this league.

MC saying hard work is the key; but that has shown not to be good enough on its own since circa October either, so him saying that this will give us more wins than losses is not supported by the last 5 months. These games will also show if MC's park the bus tactics will be good enough, as his January signings look to be adding absolutely nothing.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:06 am

With only two wins in 20 games, I'll stick my neck out and say we are due a win!

2-1 accies dordonge deiaby with the winner
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:16 am

Come on, Accies.....time to step up and push away from this relegation mess!!!
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:21 am

I have no idea how this one's going to go.

If we play to our strengths, and if Crawford's on his game, we're capable of not just winning, but winning with a bit to spare. Crawford really is crucial to us: when he plays well, the team plays well, when he has an off day, nothing seems to go right. He's our barometer. We're no one-man team, but nobody matters as much as him. Overall, we're capable of stringing passes together, we have a good team ethos, and most of the time we have plenty of fight - all characteristics of a team that can battle to avoid relegation.

But we also lack quality in some key areas, notably upfront. We don't create enough chances and we don't score enough goals. If we lose the first goal, the best we can hope for is to hang in there and try to nick an equaliser - when was the last time we came back to win from a goal down? We've had a few collective off days this season, most recently at Annan and Parkhead, and you get the feeling we could easily have another.

Anyone from 3-0 to 0-3 is possible. Which probably means it's going to be a draw.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:29 am

Most indicators point to nothing between the teams; Motherwell have had some poor results recently and overall the table shows its neck and neck. What could be decisive is that Motherwell have more goals in them right now, we seem only able to muster at most a single goal in games; and even if you go back to where we scored more than one it didn't bring us victories. Add in that our home form is deplorable and I think Well might just be favourites.

But as the previous poster put it, Ali on form is crucial with perhaps Dougie and Kurtaj not far behind them.

McGhee will set his team up to counter our park the bus style (which he has also adopted in some games - albeit he managed to score 3 goals in one of those games); I wonder if MC has the bottle to surprise him and flood the midfield rather than defence or if he will stick to trying to merely defend his role and scrape over the line?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:23 pm

Park the bus not good enough again, with our highly predictable lack of midfield numbers exploited by another average team. To be fair to Canning he did change it today........ throwing in as many terrible connotations of formation as it is possible whilst always keeping 5 defenders on until the death. At that stage he decided to play 523 and 433 like a daft boy desperately trying to win at Football Manager.

One can only speculate the misdemeanour Gills has done to deserve a place on the bench whilst Lyon walks about like a wee boy trying to hide from everything. Canning is robbing guys like Ali, Imrie and Kurtaj of space; and with them under par goes every part of creativity we have.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:26 pm

You'd think with a home match in a local derby with all that is at stake, that we might be raring to go, but hold on this the MC era of bus parking and ultra defensive set up.

We will not avoid the drop or play offs without taking some level of risk, we will not stay up looking for 0-0 draws or trying to stop other teams scoring

I did not think MC was right for the management job from the onset, because of his temperament, but his tactics and especially those today, were quite baffling. How is MC progressing Accies as a club, what possible defence has he?

An honest question here , if we were to go down, who believes MC will be able to bring us up any time soon?

Oh and of the game today......... Motherwell were honking and there to be taken and only Imrie , Ziggy get any pass marks from me
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby Colombian Boffin » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:34 pm

So sad.

Motherwell not good, but Accies had so little drive tempo and determination that they never looked like getting much out of the game. So disappointing and I fear the worst.
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:37 pm

That's it......can't take this utter rubbish any more. Watching an equally poor Motherwell team boss us, beat us and plunge us into the abyss.

Now we are stuck with the ultra defensive crap, at home, in a derby, for a game viewed by most as must win!

Are we sure Billy Reid isn't still pulling the strings somewhere.

I can't put into words my frustration with the utter pisch I just watched.

With performances like that, Accies will be fortunate to get 4 pts until end of the season.

So, Can Dundee Utd get 5 wins?? Can Killie get 2 wins!!!?? I reckon so....

Championship, here we come!

Utter crap!
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:39 pm

Canning has drained any confidence the players had out of them , they have it drilled in to them now that they are not good enough to attack and express themselves , just have it in there heads to hope to survive for a 0- 0 .

5 at the back , holding midfielder , Crawford sat deep so he has no chance to make an impact further forward(neither wonder he is out of form) , it is all so negative and it will not change as the Manager thinks that is the way to play .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:56 pm

I usually defend the 5 at the back but that was ridiculous today. Posed no threat at all in the second half and Motherwell strolled it.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:08 pm

This 5 at back is now set-in stone as Canning stumbled upon it and now it is the norm no matter who we play , its not just the back five , its the holding midfielder and crawford sitting as deep as he has ever done in his time with us , that's seven outfield players in our half most of the game .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Hooper » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:10 pm

If the fullbacks were really quick and able to be direct the 5 at the back could easily work but we sit to deep and the fullbacks just defend there not an option going forward
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:11 pm

Utter garbage from start to finish. Awful selection, sat back in a vital home derby against pish. A fraidy scaredy cat of a manager. And I paid £22 to watch it! With comps changing hands around me as I queued.Well fuck that, that's me out.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:41 pm

Utter garbage even when Brophy came on we looked better, but still had 5 at the back ! That's 11 games without a home win our only hope is lee Clark who has previous for also having magnificent runs without winning.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Next

Return to Match Day Archives