Accies v Celtic MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies v Celtic MATCH THREAD

Postby Gaspode » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:17 pm

A good point and a well disciplined 2nd half performance. Thought Morris had his best game in an Accies shirt tonight.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:18 pm

Great point and we could've had more but I'm not complaining. I agree that Canning's subs were definitely the right decisions. We looked like causing them problems before the red card as Ali's miss was before then and I think Kurtaj had a half chance too. Morris was definitely my MotM.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:48 pm

Well done all. Was critical of Canning early on tonight but after Crawford's miss we began to cause them some bother. Maybe he could have brought Brophy on ten minutes earlier for Lyon who struggled at times. Fantastic finish and such a nervy end when we could have won it but this being Accies, you're still expecting a late kick in the teeth
Hope results go our way tomorrow.

Glad to see Morris getting some well deserved praise, he's been decent lately and just edged Ziggy and Kurakins for me. Oh and Mcgovern too of course.
Last edited by Stevie Clarke on Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:52 pm

So much more a positive effort from the team. Feels like a win, but not many of our fellow strugglers will take a point off Celtic. methinks!

Morris held the ball up well, and deserved the MOTM bubbly.

Same attitude and effort, lads, against the 'Well.
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Accies v Celtic MATCH THREAD - Goal footage

Postby stevie » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:55 pm

i have the celtic fans reaction rare video on youtube if you want to check it out? it's funny how angry the celtic fans get when the accies equalizer is scored!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73D7QX1IoZE
stevie
Pub League

Postby silverfox » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:02 am

Yes well done Accies, and despite my criticisms of MC I thought he was on the money tonight with his tactics and subs
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:18 am

Good point in the end up, McGovern made some crucial saves, Celtic had alot of possession early on without causing us much bother and the further the game went on it looked like we were going to score the winner, this will be a good confidence booster for the run-in ... Another 9 points please
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Tumbleweed » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:21 am

Much better tonight and even the golden boots were worth their place on the pitch. After Crawford missed his big chance (for the 3rd week in a row !!) I feared the worst and when Dougie had a brain fart it just seemed to be heading towards another disaster, but whereas last week we seemed to equalise then stop, tonight we kept pressing for the whole game.

Michael saving the penalty might even be a turning point for our whole season, and it was nice to feel positive after a game. Wins for hearts and thistle tomorrow would make it a good weekend indeed. Well done lads. And canning too.
Tumbleweed
Pub League

Postby Laid-back Accie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:09 am

Good performance, some great fight and spirit from the team tonight. They didn't let Celtics goal shake them to much, and went on to force the issue and put Celtic under pressure, getting the deserved equaliser.

Could be a very vital performance, as hopefully it'll channel the belief into the players that we can compete against any team in the league. We need to keep the momentum from tonight and use it in the next crucial few fixtures.
Laid-back Accie
Pub League

Postby brogansrightpeg » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:18 am

Good point indeed. A little bit fortunate with the sending off but luck is due for us. For once I am optimistic about going into the motherwell match.
McGovern and Morris were excellent.
Massive Alan ate everything
brogansrightpeg
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:55 pm

To be honest,feels like 2 points dropped.Just think,if we had defeated Dundee United,won against ten men at Dingwall,won last night and a win next week and we would have been safe.

Last night was no surprise to me.We always give the Old Firm a hard game at NDP.Let's kick on from here.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:05 pm

Fair play to Deila for his comments on the sending off.

Doubt if any of his predecessors would have taken a similar view!!

Watched the game on a dodgy stream (I have Sky not BT Sport) - thought the whole team played well - Celtic presented few real threats - Kurakins in particular (given his -ve press) more than held his own
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:26 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:To be honest,feels like 2 points dropped.Just think,if we had defeated Dundee United,won against ten men at Dingwall,won last night and a win next week and we would have been safe.

Last night was no surprise to me.We always give the Old Firm a hard game at NDP.Let's kick on from here.

if ifs and buts were covered in nuts !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:33 pm

Mackinnon was a lucky boy not to have seen red. Many refs would have sent him off for that challenge (yet the away bench was completely unmoved!) and then he goes in with a high studs-showing tackle. Brainless!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:59 pm

Alexander the Great wrote:
YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:To be honest,feels like 2 points dropped.Just think,if we had defeated Dundee United,won against ten men at Dingwall,won last night and a win next week and we would have been safe.

Would you throw them at people?
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:41 pm

accies1874 wrote:
Alexander the Great wrote:

Would you throw them at people?

Would you eat them ?
Alexander the Great
Championship

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives