Ross County v Accies MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Ross County v Accies MATCH THREAD

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:02 pm

IMO , Ali gets picked out because he is either fantastic or quite poor.......when he is on his game he can be untouchable .......but when he is off his game he can look very disinterested ( is that a word ? :lol: ), and unfortunately when he has had more bad games than good recently , this is what fans will pick up on .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:03 pm

I'm not sure what exactly folk are expecting from Accies when playing against 10 men.

MC was criticised for Hearts (recently) when facing 10 men for remaining defensive, which I agreed with.

However, v RC he puts D'Acol on (within 10 minutes), we score an equaliser and concede a great free kick.....on another day, we could've won the match. There was nothing wrong with the approach.......we are struggling to execute simple things correctly just now. Decision making remains awful in the last third.

His comments, at times, can be wide of the mark but, unfortunately, if you don't have the quality at your disposal......especially up front......then there is very little the manager can do......

I would advise we need to accept playing a more compact, defensive formation for the next wee while to try and ensure avoiding relegation and then think about changing the structure of the squad, bringing some pace up front where we could possibly hurt teams on the counter attack.

Btw, it not particularly enjoyable to watch Accies just now but, it's part of supporting a smaller club.....swings and roundabouts.....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:28 pm

For their winning goal, is there maybe a case for not forming a wall? 25 yards out and at an angle, why not say, on you go, if you think you can score from there. At least that way the keeper can take up a central position and we would still have enough bodies in the penalty box to ensure he didn't get a clear shot. I've never understood why there always has to be a wall.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives