Ross County v Accies MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Ross County v Accies MATCH THREAD

Postby Hooper » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:21 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
Hooper wrote:I think canning has a place at the club lets not forget he isn't exactly backed by his board in bringing in any quality proven players so he really is pissing against the wind

He's got no place at the club. About time Les cut his strings and let the puppet go. He is a balloon and has no clue how to manage a football club. He has no tactics, motivation and is a man lost. Garbage anti football every single week now and for the 3rd time now his garbage anti football park the bus tactic has failed to punish a team down to 10 men. Do you still wish to defend him?

Relax you lol If you look at my posts I don't defend him very often if at all but do you think the board are innocent really we as a club will always pretend we're a premiership club but will never be until we invest
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:06 pm

Who's the three times county, hearts and who else ?
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:19 pm

MC's post-match comments show the delusion is alive and well:

"I think to give it was a mistake but on another day we would have gone on to win the match comfortably but we are not putting the ball in the net as much as we should be.

"When you are in the position we are then sometimes these things go against you but we will keep working hard.

"On that second-half performance especially you can see that there's not a lot wrong and we have to show that in all our games.

"We need to dust ourselves down and show that same spirit to go again on Friday to get a positive result against Celtic."

'Not a lot wrong' really? 'Working hard' - well that's been shown not to be good enough and to be honest any one on here could go in and work hard and have the team working hard but it doesn't make any of us managers.

Going into today's game we were only 4 points away from County, yet the last 5 months of poor performances/results resulted in hardly anyone expecting a point today let alone a win. That pessimism proved to be correct - it sounds like we perhaps played a bit better than recently (?) but it still wasn't enough even with the man advantage thrown in.

All things considered it looks to be realistic that we could potentially have won the last 2 games and that the talent available is enough? That we didn't then leads you to ask who can we get 3 points against ?

We are bottom of the form table for the last 10 games.
Last edited by redandwhite1874 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:23 pm

Alexander the Great wrote:Who's the three times county, hearts and who else ?

Thistle
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:06 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
Alexander the Great wrote:Who's the three times county, hearts and who else ?

Thistle

when was this ?
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:25 pm

First game of the season. That French bloke Franks I think is his name got sent off
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:27 pm

canning selection of subs today were an absolute joke, three forwards from seven subs ! wtf are we gonna do with all them with one forward on the park ? unbelievable.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Hooper » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:34 pm

Alexander the Great wrote:canning selection of subs today were an absolute joke, three forwards from seven subs ! wtf are we gonna do with all them with one forward on the park ? unbelievable.

I did comment on that earlier surely would've better served with a better selection of positions even a few lads from the 20s to cover the positions rather than what we had
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Tumbleweed » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:38 pm

Despite having made good time home, I still had a few hours to mull over that "performance" today and it still irks me that each supporter that made the effort to go today was entitled to expect more than the shambles we became the longer the game went on.

We pummelled them for 15 - 20 minutes after their sending off but once we equalised that was about it. A couple of saves from Fox and some huffing and puffing then.......aw naw, they scored and we became even more clueless than we had been.

Rubbish personified and if we don't improve soon, we are going down. Crap.
Tumbleweed
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Hooper wrote:
Alexander the Great wrote:canning selection of subs today were an absolute joke, three forwards from seven subs ! wtf are we gonna do with all them with one forward on the park ? unbelievable.

I did comment on that earlier surely would've better served with a better selection of positions even a few lads from the 20s to cover the positions rather than what we had

It comes down to the January business. If we were serious about another striker why did we re-sign Morris - who at best is just ok but into late Feb is still no1 choice. If Canning had faith in him then why bring in Diaby - when we had D'Acol and brophy as back up.

It also appears that the signings of a striker has been out of kilter with the move to park the bus. With 451 there is scope for the strikers to play out wide (particularly as a sub) but not in 5131. So we have potentially built a squad around a formation that Canning has ditched in the desperate measure to avoid the tankins we were getting.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:46 pm

Hooper wrote:

you would say two at most in case county got a couple of men sent off, but three that's just an absolute waste !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:36 am

There wasn't too much between the teams but I think that was largely down to the pitch being in no real state to play football. We had to be beating them once they went down to 10 men and Canning should've changed it almost instantaneously as opposed to 10 minutes later. We didn't really have any stand-out performers be it good or bad, in my opinion, but so many were just anonymous. The ref was awful too and showed no consistency whatsoever. Canning really doesn't have much at his exposal in terms of a decent striker but we should be punishing 10 men especially after equalising.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:46 am

Thought we had lots of possession ( as you would expect having the man advantage) but nothing coming from final third.
Easy to blame ref , playing surface etc but our lack of quality is transparent.
I think we need to hear more from MC than basically "keep the faith"
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby Steven MacReedy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:02 pm

Absolutely gutted after watching that yesterday. For the "manager" to come out with there is not a lot wrong beggers belief, he is clearly deluded and does not give a feck about the small amount of us that go and watch the drivel he sets the team out to produce.
I feel sorry for Dougie Imrie, he must be tearing his hair out playing in that team.
Steven MacReedy
Pub League

Postby Tumbleweed » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:54 pm

I agree Steven, Imrie tries like a bear every week and along with Ziggy must wonder why he bothers. McGovern is a good keeper, we have a couple of other reasonable performances every week but we fail, almost every game, to turn in a team effort.

Crawford is, for me, a complete joke. Yes, he looked good last year when Andreu and Neil allowed him to prosper, but when he is asked to do more, he is chronic. In fact, he should be ashamed of the effort he has put in this year. Yesterday he had an open goal with no-one in close attendance and he hit it wide. An absolute gift which the choker spurned. See also last weeks penalty.

Diaby looked awful and Docherty would be as well giving up playing and setting himself in business hawking advice on how to kid on you are a footballer whilst showing no discernible talent whatsoever. Brophy (thankfully absent yesterday) could be his right hand man and hold up his golden boots as evidence he was "the man". I put in more effort getting up in the morning than he does in U-20's or first team games. Wasters.

This season has annoyed me like few others and it is purely because we as a club have settled on being "least worse" than any 2 other teams. We are rubbish to watch, continually fail to invest in the team, fail to give a flying fick about the fans and, rather than actually build a team worth watching, are happy to hope one of our off-the-wall signings might be better than hopeless. Not looking good so far.

I have been going home and away for 30 years but now wonder why I bother. Who cares if we are in the SPFL if we play only to avoid defeat, and then fail to achieve even that ? Its completely demoralising.

I would go on but what's the point? The custodians of our club care nothing for the support, the fuds who post shite on this forum care nothing for their "fellow" supporters and, with very, very few exceptions, the players, management and staff couldnt care less about the fans.

I appreciate it may always have been like that, but the crap we have watched this season, alongside the crap Canning spouts every week, gives me the dry boak.

Les Gray sounds wonderful defending artificial turf, I just wish he would defend my preference to not watch honking crap every week just as eloquently.

And breathe.......................
Tumbleweed
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:52 am

More of the same, again. Zero support/appreciation from the club to the away fans making that terrible journey again.

As others have said, Dougie and Ziggy must be sick every week, they run till exhaustion and give it all.
Ali really should be dropped for a couple of games, till he can get some kind of form back. He's in one of the main positions in our squad, where he's responsible for supply and cover, yet fails at both.
Canning is Canning, sadly we are stuck with a sub par manager, who would make a semi-decent captain, however obviously terrible coach.
The board with previous statements have shown they don't give a flying fuck if the fans are unhappy, as long as they keep their budget under control and keep up the charity gig.
Perhaps the board should learn a keen business rule, you have to speculate to accumulate.
How can we attract new fans, when they can get a 15 minute train to Glasgow and get a ST for cheaper from the old firm.
We are awarded for having the most expensive standard season ticket in the SPL with a supreme lack of communication between the club and fans, very little incentives to try and welcome new fans to the club and 'quality signings' like Diaby, Lynch, Sumsky, Sendles-White etc etc.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:19 pm

Two very good posts......
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Yummy Fur » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:03 am

Tumbleweed wrote:Crawford is, for me, a complete joke. Yes, he looked good last year when Andreu and Neil allowed him to prosper, but when he is asked to do more, he is chronic. In fact, he should be ashamed of the effort he has put in this year. Yesterday he had an open goal with no-one in close attendance and he hit it wide. An absolute gift which the choker spurned. See also last weeks penalty.

Diaby looked awful and Docherty would be as well giving up playing and setting himself in business hawking advice on how to kid on you are a footballer whilst showing no discernible talent whatsoever. Brophy (thankfully absent yesterday) could be his right hand man and hold up his golden boots as evidence he was "the man". I put in more effort getting up in the morning than he does in U-20's or first team games. Wasters.

In a post about Saturday's game it seems strange to single out Brophy who didn't play and Docherty who got all of 4 minutes for criticism. I think Docherty has something about him and just don't recognise your comments.

Calling Crawford this season a "complete joke" is well ...... a complete joke! For the first dozen games or so he was excellent, creating chances and scoring goals. He then got injured which not by coincidence resulted in a huge dip in form for the team overall - simple rule but when Crawford plays well Accies play well. Since his return there is no doubt he has struggled but despite that our goal against County is a unusual occurrence in that it is an Accies goal which Crawford didn't score or have an assist in.

Ali Crawford has always been singled out for a higher level of criticism than other Accies players and I expect the famous urban myth that he couldn't get a game for Bo'ness Utd to be trotted out soon but here is a game to play - compare the comments on here in the match threads about his performances with the media reports and player reviews in the papers the following day - always interesting.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:31 am

A good, well thought out post Yummy Fur. It has no place on here :D
Gaspode
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:32 am

Yummy Fur wrote:
Tumbleweed wrote:Crawford is, for me, a complete joke. Yes, he looked good last year when Andreu and Neil allowed him to prosper, but when he is asked to do more, he is chronic. In fact, he should be ashamed of the effort he has put in this year. Yesterday he had an open goal with no-one in close attendance and he hit it wide. An absolute gift which the choker spurned. See also last weeks penalty.

In a post about Saturday's game it seems strange to single out Brophy who didn't play and Docherty who got all of 4 minutes for criticism. I think Docherty has something about him and just don't recognise your comments.

Calling Crawford this season a "complete joke" is well ...... a complete joke! For the first dozen games or so he was excellent, creating chances and scoring goals. He then got injured which not by coincidence resulted in a huge dip in form for the team overall - simple rule but when Crawford plays well Accies play well. Since his return there is no doubt he has struggled but despite that our goal against County is a unusual occurrence in that it is an Accies goal which Crawford didn't score or have an assist in.

Ali Crawford has always been singled out for a higher level of criticism than other Accies players and I expect the famous urban myth that he couldn't get a game for Bo'ness Utd to be trotted out soon but here is a game to play - compare the comments on here in the match threads about his performances with the media reports and player reviews in the papers the following day - always interesting.

I'd single out Brophy as not being good enough for our first team either tbh. Then again, what 'striker' is ? Docherty im still undecided about. I've seen flashes of potential.

Ali gets singled out I reckon, as we have seen how good he CAN be, when you know how good someone can play and they instead serve you a plateful of rotten weekly, you have good right to ask what's going on. If it is injury, give him some time away from the main squad to recover properly.
judgeflash
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives