Ross County v Accies MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Ross County v Accies MATCH THREAD

Postby Steven MacReedy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:04 am

I think we can sneak a point, County are making the cups their priority, so hopefully that works in our favour.
Steven MacReedy
Pub League

Re: Ross County v Accies MATCH THREAD

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:29 am

2 nil coonty. MC will park the bust in hope of a 0-0 so Accies can post on Twitter about McGovern getting another clean sheet just to hide how bad we really are but then we're no that good at parking the bus either.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:39 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:2 nil coonty. MC will park the bust in hope of a 0-0 so Accies can post on Twitter about McGovern getting another clean sheet just to hide how bad we really are but then we're no that good at parking the bus either.

Argreed we will lose an early goal but will still play 5 at the back for the next 80 min.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby sectiona » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:49 pm

Ross Co's league form has been shocking recently as they obviously have cup in mind so hopefully he may start one of the African chaps and go with an attacking mentality.
sectiona
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:41 pm

The way we are set up now if we concede we are fecked as the mentality of the players now is to just survive in games , so to then suddenly ask them to attack and chase a game is a foreign language now .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Hooper » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:02 pm

Same result as the 20s would do 2-1 Accies wouldn't hold my breath for the new striker diaby being a goal machine showed very little
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:23 pm

Diaby also went off injured at half time; Brophy looked really good until his final shot or pass all of which were poor. Mandiangu looked ok, quick with his feet on the ball, decent passes and worked away; Docherty was neat and tidy and subbed in the second half to keep him for Saturday no doubt.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Hooper » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:29 pm

Have to disagree with you Greg was poor giving the ball away Accies were better when he went off expect more from him and I also thought brophy was very wasteful with his many chances has to see players in better positions mandiangu flirts in and out but has to do so much more only interested when he has the ball but these are only my opinions lol
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Laid-back Accie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Same again I imagine, which imo isn't a bad thing. County is a very hard place to go and get a result. Even last season when we were in the form of our lifes and county were poor, we only managed a close 1-0 win.

Can't see many changes in the team, other than Tena for Devlin. Would like to see Crawford on the bench, as he has been really poor, and imo dosen't work hard enough.

I'd be quite happy with a 0-0 (Although watching it won't be great)
Laid-back Accie
Pub League

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:17 pm

Interesting reading in Diaby. I take it he is what we all guessed he was? Another wasted signing
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:45 pm

I'm sick of this Euro trash pish, why was it when we were in the championship we could get players like James Kettings and #22 but now we are in the top decision we can only get euro trash!

Where is the money going?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:05 pm

I again fear we will park the bus; albeit it is almost understandable at this venue. However, if he does so MC really needs to explain how he thinks we are going to test any teams; unfortunately there is no fear the national or local media will ask any reasonable questions on his formation or his 'January' signings. It will be the usual 'work hard' and 'keep together' type answers to the usual pedestrian questions.

Just as teams sussed the old set up to a certain extent then they will do the same with the 'park the bus'. Not much expected of this game so why not 'experiment' with the set up that the club has primarily played with for almost a decade. 451 with Gills holding and Ali and Daz in the middle with some decent width from Imrie and Kurtaj. We can make this almost as defensive as the 5 at the back sometimes (and could keep the full backs from pushing forward) but with a clearer opportunity to test teams and fight in the middle when we have the ball.

I don't see how Canning is match fit to be even on the bench (why did he not get say 60 mins today if he is serious about adding something?) and 3 strikers on the bench would just be another joke.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Neilhoodwasmyhero » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:34 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:I again fear we will park the bus; albeit it is almost understandable at this venue. However, if he does so MC really needs to explain how he thinks we are going to test any teams; unfortunately there is no fear the national or local media will ask any reasonable questions on his formation or his 'January' signings. It will be the usual 'work hard' and 'keep together' type answers to the usual pedestrian questions.

Just as teams sussed the old set up to a certain extent then they will do the same with the 'park the bus'. Not much expected of this game so why not 'experiment' with the set up that the club has primarily played with for almost a decade. 451 with Gills holding and Ali and Daz in the middle with some decent width from Imrie and Kurtaj. We can make this almost as defensive as the 5 at the back sometimes (and could keep the full backs from pushing forward) but with a clearer opportunity to test teams and fight in the middle when we have the ball.

I don't see how Canning is match fit to be even on the bench [b][b](why did he not get say 60 mins today if he is serious about adding something?) [/b][/b]and 3 strikers on the bench would just be another joke.

Apparently Martin injured his ankle ligaments in training on Monday and will be out for a few weeks
Neilhoodwasmyhero
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Interesting, his Clyde or STV audio from yesterday had him saying he is considering himself. Keeping the opposition in the dark, classic manager stuff.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:07 pm

Tallentless, feckless, gutless shower of useless wasters.
Tumbleweed
Pub League

Postby Hooper » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:18 pm

Tumbleweed wrote:Tallentless, feckless, gutless shower of useless wasters.

Me personally would rather go with youngsters than watch us play 5 at back and hang on for 0-0 then when we have to change like today we've not got it
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:23 pm

If all he has is park the bus then he's almost himself admitting he can't get results with this squad
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:28 pm

CANNING GTF!!!!!!!!!
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Hooper » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:37 pm

I think canning has a place at the club lets not forget he isn't exactly backed by his board in bringing in any quality proven players so he really is pissing against the wind so bearing this in mind why deviate from our clubs philosophy of developing our own instead we bring in players no better than we already have in the 20s etc
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Hooper wrote:I think canning has a place at the club lets not forget he isn't exactly backed by his board in bringing in any quality proven players so he really is pissing against the wind

He's got no place at the club. About time Les cut his strings and let the puppet go. He is a balloon and has no clue how to manage a football club. He has no tactics, motivation and is a man lost. Garbage anti football every single week now and for the 3rd time now his garbage anti football park the bus tactic has failed to punish a team down to 10 men. Do you still wish to defend him?
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives