Accies .V. Dundee Utd - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Dundee Utd - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:56 am

Since the other thread seems to be focused on crowd related matters, let's start fresh with this one for match talk.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Dundee Utd - MATCH THREAD

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:07 am

Huge chance to do ourselves a favour and almost relegate United. They seem to have improved and those of us there know that United gave us a real doin the last time but missed chances. They are better up front and weak at the back so we need to try and exploit that. I think Martin will keep his 5 at the back and his completely imbalanced midfield which tends to see us having a left midfielder but not a right. I also think Lyon is wasted in the full back role. I would much prefer a 451 which can still be set up to be tight and compact
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Happy Clapper » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:21 am

Very winnable game and by far the biggest game of the season. Hope Les can put his strongest side out.
Fat Alan's hame made soup company.....ahhhh it's braw
Happy Clapper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Burst Baws » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:34 am

Happy Clapper wrote:Very winnable game and by far the biggest game of the season. Hope Les can put his strongest side out.

Gonna be another nervy 90 mins but I am confident in the victory especially since I heard from an ex players best pals uncle that Les will allow MC to pick the team against Utd. Les has apparently finally admitted that his team selections this season have been poor and will now allow MC to pick the starting 11 rather than just the subs.
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:26 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Huge chance to do ourselves a favour and almost relegate United. They seem to have improved and those of us there know that United gave us a real doin the last time but missed chances. They are better up front and weak at the back so we need to try and exploit that. I think Martin will keep his 5 at the back and his completely imbalanced midfield which tends to see us having a left midfielder but not a right. I also think Lyon is wasted in the full back role. I would much prefer a 451 which can still be set up to be tight and compact

The 5 at the back has worked so why change it? I agree about Lyon but Ziggy is looking better at CB and we don't have another person that can play RB.
Huge game considering they've won their last two (albeit 1 in the cup) so their tails will be up but we'll see how much confidence we will have got from winning our first game in months.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:34 pm

accies1874 wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:Huge chance to do ourselves a favour and almost relegate United. They seem to have improved and those of us there know that United gave us a real doin the last time but missed chances. They are better up front and weak at the back so we need to try and exploit that. I think Martin will keep his 5 at the back and his completely imbalanced midfield which tends to see us having a left midfielder but not a right. I also think Lyon is wasted in the full back role. I would much prefer a 451 which can still be set up to be tight and compact

The 5 at the back has worked so why change it? I agree about Lyon but Ziggy is looking better at CB and we don't have another person that can play RB.
Huge game considering they've won their last two (albeit 1 in the cup) so their tails will be up but we'll see how much confidence we will have got from winning our first game in months.

It worked against a very very poor Killie but didn't give us enough up front v a 10 man hearts team. I just feel that we can be tighter without having 5 defenders. We could revert to the 4 with perhaps the full backs held back a wee bit, I must admit I am not really seeing a resurgent Ziggy.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:46 pm

3 wins from their last 4 games united, I would be happy enough with a draw from this game it would probably be a better result for us.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Alexander the Great wrote:3 wins from their last 4 games united, I would be happy enough with a draw from this game it would probably be a better result for us.

The win at Killie means we do have the luxury of the draw potentially, that may be a good or a bad thing
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:41 pm

A draw wouldn't be the end of the world , but a win would go a long way to securing top league football next season .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Max MacDonald » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:18 pm

I would class this as a must win. United have picked up recently, but our win at Killie should give the players some badly needed confidence.
Hope its an entertaining game with a positive Accies result to go with it.
My Uncle Alan is coming to the game with me as he is back from Dallas for a month.
BFA can ram a metal door open with his head. Cheers ta
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:19 pm

A victory would ensure we don't finish 12th...imo.

Utd seem to have picked up a little and a draw wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm still harbouring ambitions of sneaking into the top 6 as I think St J are in free fall, at present.....

We shall see....prospect of a good match, might get a look at Diaby....who knows, he may be the answer to our problems.

Hopefully, a decent crowd....see that the powers-that-b are all over the advertising!!! :shock:
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Happy Clapper » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:20 am

Alexander the Great wrote:3 wins from their last 4 games united, I would be happy enough with a draw from this game it would probably be a better result for us.

Are you serious? You sound like Martin Canning. The game is a total must win. Hopefully the players don't have the same negative attitude as yourself ATG. What a lift a win would give the club going into the county game.
Happy Clapper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:50 am

Happy Clapper wrote:

Are you serious? You sound like Martin Canning. The game is a total must win. Hopefully the players don't have the same negative attitude as yourself ATG. What a lift a win would give the club going into the county game.

It wouldn't be a disaster, HC........a win would be a great lift, no reason to think we can't sneak a victory......
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:31 am

I suppose it depends on the definition of 'must' that you prefer; the dictionary one or a version that you fashioned in your imagination.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:23 am

Happy Clapper wrote:

A must win :lol: You will say anything for attention.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:40 pm

I'm of the attitude this is a must win. Whilst we scraped past Killie, it's far too close at the bottom of the table to settle for draws, especially against *statistically* the worst team in the SPL in the past 12 months.
If we play 5 at the back, I want to see Ziggy given more wide balls and allowing him to whip balls in, like our opponents do to us weekly, Kurakins has improved slightly, but I don't see him bursting down a wing anytime soon.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:22 pm

If its a must win for anybody its Dundee United there 11 points behind killie and 15 behind us, as long as they don't gain on us by 5pm Saturday night I would be quite confident that there not gonna catch us.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Happy Clapper » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Every game from now on is a must win especially against the teams round about us. After utd game we have rcfc and cfc and be lucky to get a point out that 6 then it's Motherwell at home. This is why I see utd game as a must win. Cheers ta pirate.
Happy Clapper
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:12 pm

Every game is a must win; accept the ones that aren't :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Happy Clapper » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:20 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Every game is a must win; accept the ones that aren't :lol:

And did I say we will win every game? Nope. Every game is a must win is what I said. See the difference there? Read more carefully next time before the wise cracks
Happy Clapper
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to Match Day Archives