Accies .V. Dundee Utd - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Dundee Utd - MATCH THREAD

Postby accies1874 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:17 pm

I knew you'd be commenting on the 5-4-1 but you are 100% right. Strikers were so isolated it was unbelievable and didn't look like scoring at all until the penalty in which Crawford never looked confident. Horrific penalty. I thought it was a penalty but I was far away from it so don't know. Dreadful game but I think that's United buried.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Steven MacReedy » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:18 pm

Poor game again today , turning into the bores we saw under Billy Reid.
A point though should have been 3 but once again superstar Wee Ali let us down when it mattered.
Steven MacReedy
Pub League

Postby yuggyboy » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:23 pm

Why not give D'Acol a go at the penalty - he has to score sometime! Even Dougie would have been a better choice. I know Ally scored against Motherwell but it could just have easily been saved that day - important points lost. :(
yuggyboy
Pub League

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:05 pm

What is with Ali having to hit everything free kicks, corners, pens? Honestly the most over rated Accies player I've ever seen. Not just blaming him tho I thought overall today we where dire. Devlin what was he thinking and why is week after week is it that Accies can't put a first time cross into the box?
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Jimmy Liddle » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:34 pm

First game since the Annan debacle. Utter shitfest of a match from start to finish. Canning went for the draw and got it make no mistake about that which he accomplished just. I have never seen forward players as isolated as I did today an absolute thankless task for anyone playing up front for us. As someone else mentioned this is an exact replica of the final days of Billy Reid when we were treated to non football and a don't lose at any cost mentality. Awful just awful stuff to watch but thankfully I had a free ticket today.
Jimmy Liddle
Pub League

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:51 pm

That was just awful.
I said the same thing to my mate, this is back to Billy Reid stuff.

I felt sorry for Morris today as he had crap service and very little support.

As much as I think that MC shutting up shop is a decent ploy, not against Dundee Utd....that's one game we should've taken to them in a similar manner to pre Christmas tactics....i.e. Playing 15 yards further up the pitch.....
Again, why not vary your tactics??? That's what wins games, variety.....don't become predictable.

Not a penalty for me although Paton, I think it was him, gave the ref a decision to make by missing the ball.

Anyone down the other end able to comment on Dundee Utd claim for a penalty???

With Killie winning we are right in the battle for relegation, but, so are St J and RC......and, top 6......
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:57 pm

Shocking,defending for a point against a side there for the beating.Time for Crawford to relinquish his monopoly on set pieces/penalties.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:28 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Time for Crawford to relinquish his monopoly on set pieces/penalties.

Dougie was visibly berating the bench, after the poor penalty. I believe he wanted to take it, but was instructed to leave it for Ali.

Both teams set out not to loose the game, but we had our chance and blew it. I was near enough to think that Dougie finally went down for the penalty, after jinking his way past two or three in the box. Placed in either corner, and their small goalie would not have had a chance.

Devlin fails to impress also. Too many naive decisions. Had he forgotten he had already been booked? It could have cost us the point!!

Carlton Morris did his best with no service, but D'Acol looked pretty anonymous when he came on.

More points next week at Dingwall??? Can't see it!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby BigV » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:06 pm

Our set pieces generally were terrible. Utd are a poor side and I think they'll go down but we were bad today.
BigV
Pub League

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:24 pm

As per usual when we give out tickets and get a chance to build on our support we play terrible and get a terrible game of football. Dundee United are a very poor side this year but we were just as bad today. Two poor sides cancelling each other out.

As for the penalty it was poorly struck by Ali and at the perfect height for the keeper. Must say I think he's been poor for a while now and could do with a spell on the bench till his confidence returns. I still don't rate Morris at all but to be fair to him he had little to no service before being replaced by the completely ineffective d'acol (did he even touch the ball?)

At least we got another clean sheet but we need to start scoring goals.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Scott18 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:47 pm

Really poor again. This is my last season of getting season tickets after 15 years. Fed up with club giving kids and adults free tickets and I need to pay all the time and does not help when the manager is clueless. 541 formation against the worst team in the league. Shocking!!!
Scott18
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:22 am

Please. Do. Not. Let. Ali. Crawford. Take. Any. More. Corners. Penalties. Or. Set. Pieces. Stop.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:36 am

Crawford had two free-kicks within shooting distance and both of which embarrassingly hit the wall. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't recall him ever scoring a free-kick for us so why does he persist? His corners can be good and he's stopped with his floaty ones it seems but I still think Gills' corners in his spell taking them in the promotion season were much better. Gillespie's penalties in our 2 shoot-outs lately have been brilliant too. I'm not his biggest fan but I like his set-pieces. I remember when we had Easton and Marco Paixao on both sides whipping in excellent corners but now we have no one on either side due to Ali taking all of them. When you consider we have a couple of capable players in the air but we can't take advantage of it.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:38 am

I'm told that the Vaults is always swimming in comps. I know someone who has only paid in once this season, the Celtic ticket match as all they need to do is go to the pub and you get a comp. Feel like a mug for paying £22.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:56 am

Post match MC has changed his tune and saying the game was a 'must not lose' which whilst nonsense compared to his pre match analysis is totally in tune with the way he is setting up his team.

After recent shambolic performances and results the more recent results (4 points from Killie and United would have pleased most of us and 4 clean sheets recently is progress from December and January). We can also say that we held off a more expensively put together United team that was fighting for any last chance of recovering to stay in the league. We are also up to 8th albeit the table has a 'false' look about it due to postponements.

For me the more unfortunate angle is that yesterday was our 'easiest' chance of 3 points - at home to the bottom team who had only 2 points out 30 in their last 10 away games. As well as being 'easiest' on paper the actual game showed United were there for the taking but we sat back and killed yet another game; no shot on target until the penalty! You also have to wonder why Diaby was brought in as he is currently at least 3rd choice, is perhaps not fit and we had the madness of playing 1 up front but had 3 strikers on the bench :o

It looks like MC will use 5131 to try and see the season out based on early results that we would never have achieved with 5 at the back. He tells us that this squad is the best we have had :oops: but does not explain why under his guidance we cant use 451 which has been the foundation of the club for almost a decade?

I have no problem with 5 at the back as an occasional tactic (away at RC for example) but its not the basis for any meaningful football and is just grinding out looking for a point or a goal from a set piece.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:59 am

^^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^^
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:32 pm

Post match MC talking about not a lot between 6 or 7 teams in the league. Perhaps he could now tell us why we are the only team playin 5 defenders home and away no matter the opposition and no matter that we are playing 10 men. It would nice if the hammy ad put such things instead of the clichés week after week.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:21 am

It can be summed up with three words. Same old shit.
Another great chance for Hamilton to be presented to impressional youths for free, in a must win game against the worst team in the league. I expected scrappy but this was just dire viewing. Surely bored the poor kids to tears, especially if that's their first live professional match.
If we are gonna play 5 at the back,we should be stretching play and allowing the likes of Ziggy to bomb down the wings and whip in crosses, something most teams have used against us to great effect. I don't see anyone breaking their necks to get into the box. We are no longer capable of working from the back and into the final third, which under Alex was something we managed masterfully.
Agreed on the Crawford front, not long ago I was arguing a case for him to be included in a Scotland friendly, now he's been one the biggest dissapointments this season.
26 games played and our top scorer I believe is Dougie with 5? Frightening.
I'm sure everyones sick to death discussingthe incapabilities of Martin Canning as a manager, I guess the only upside is we are not leaking goals against mediocre oppossion anymore.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:23 am

What he said ......
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:07 am

Look at the goals Motherwell scored tonight to see how truly dreadful they are at the back. 2 points lost - not doubt about that.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives