Dundee utd match

Old match day threads will be moved here

Dundee utd match

Postby brogansrightpeg » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:13 pm

I would like to think that the club sees this as our biggest game since easter road and do as much as they possibly can to attract more fans. I would have thought a special deal would have been announced by now but knowing Accies probably not.
Massive Alan ate everything
brogansrightpeg
Seaside Leagues

Re: Dundee utd match

Postby Alexander the Great » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:57 pm

What would you suggest BRP a one off £10 entry fee ? You struggle to give away free tickets.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby brogansrightpeg » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:10 pm

Alexander the Great wrote:What would you suggest BRP a one off £10 entry fee ? You struggle to give away free tickets.

Yes and plenty of advertising in hammy ad ,twitter for starters
Massive Alan ate everything
brogansrightpeg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Max MacDonald » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:14 am

Think £5 for all with a good bit of advertising could lead to a 4000+ crowd.
BFA can ram a metal door open with his head. Cheers ta
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

Postby Happy Clapper » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:02 am

Don't see why they should bother as the community is full of old firm glory hunters. The club have done all they can over the years. I'll be there tho supporting my team from my regular section c seat. Cheers ta
Fat Alan's hame made soup company.....ahhhh it's braw
Happy Clapper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:47 am

We've all got season tickets but would definitely be supportive of a £5 entry and plenty advertising (to be honest a press release to all publications and media should do the job for us).
It is such a big game
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby sectiona » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:21 am

Whats the point the board have driven enuff fans away already.
sectiona
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:31 am

Bringing fans in.

There's enough goodwill around the town for accies with no real attempt to bring people to the games.

I think this is worth a try (decision should be made early to get maximum publicity out there)

We all know that giving out free tickets is notoriously difficult to target those who are really interested and might just come back so a cheap entry fee with kids free is surely the way to go.

Absolute ideal would probably be a press release and one of these moveable bill boards driving round the area at the back end of next week as that would get people noticing and talking (but I know there is a cost there)
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby RyanT » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:37 am

I mind a few seasons back, the trust (is that still a thing?) had a poster campaign going ahead of big games. One of the forum users would make up a poster, post it online, then folks would print them off at home and post them in staff rooms at work, the pub, etc, etc. Might be worth a shot, but it would help considerably if the club could also lower the gate a little to entice people further.

Obviously the bigger concern then would be just how often the team seriously underperforms when there is an abnormally large home crowd for us, which in turn prevents any of the new crowd from returning...
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:58 am

It should not be hard to entice the ladies to this match as we have our own goodwillie in big oumar.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Happy Clapper » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 pm

Hate to admit this but Motherwell's poster's for advertising games is absolutely superb
Fat Alan's hame made soup company.....ahhhh it's braw
Happy Clapper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:55 pm

Happy Clapper wrote:Hate to admit this but Motherwell's poster's for advertising games is absolutely superb

They must work as they have the sixth biggest support in the premiership.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:52 pm

RyanT wrote:I mind a few seasons back, the trust (is that still a thing?) had a poster campaign going ahead of big games. One of the forum users would make up a poster, post it online, then folks would print them off at home and post them in staff rooms at work, the pub, etc, etc. Might be worth a shot, but it would help considerably if the club could also lower the gate a little to entice people further.

Obviously the bigger concern then would be just how often the team seriously underperforms when there is an abnormally large home crowd for us, which in turn prevents any of the new crowd from returning...

I remember that campaign and even put some posters up if I recall.

Have to say though, it's terrible that it's us, the fans who have to come up with and implement these ideas to bring people into the ground. The amount of money wasted over the years could have paid for flyers to be handed out in the town or a board advertising the next home game like junior clubs manage to do.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Have we learned nothing from history? Accies always blow it in front of a big crowd. The 2007/08 side were the exception. Last season against Inverness, the cup quarter final v Falkirk, Hibs first leg... just keep the prices the same and maybe we'll sneak a win. The tighter way we are playing doesn't really lend itself to attracting and keeping new fans anyway.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:08 pm

There haven't been any special offers so far this season and it's such a big game I think it's time to give it a try again.

Take on board that every time we do this we tend to flop but I think that there is nothing to lose here.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:15 pm

Were 8 home games without a win a new record under canning, lets get behind the team from the off, no songs about sandpits.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Max MacDonald » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:43 pm

Hopefully a good turnout from Accies fans as this is a must win.
I still think a bit of publicity and £5 for all would make the crowd massive.
BFA can ram a metal door open with his head. Cheers ta
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:58 pm

Just costed the mobile advertising and a grand all in (including production of the posters on either side of the van)

This could be all day Friday and Saturday 8am - 1 pm driving round the catchment area

Advan Scotland
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:38 pm

Bluesy wrote:Just costed the mobile advertising and a grand all in (including production of the posters on either side of the van)

This could be all day Friday and Saturday 8am - 1 pm driving round the catchment area

Advan Scotland

WeAreHamilton could pay this from the sale of the pride of Lanarkshire t-shirts
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:54 pm

As someone who was involved in the many previous poster campaigns,they do work.However,this should be coming from the club and not the fans.
Perhaps if the club put out a message wanting fans to help them publicise this via posters etc,then the fans can all muck in and do their bit.It shouldn't be up to the fans to do this off our own backs if those running the club can't be arsed.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives