Kilmarnock .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Kilmarnock .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Happy Clapper » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:14 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
Happy Clapper wrote:
Yummy Fur wrote:Hard to predict much with Accies at the moment, 3 creditable draws in our last 4 league games but obviously with THOSE results. 2 wins against the teams below us and very quickly we'll be a lot closer to a top 6 place than we are to relegation or a play off - big if!

Huge pressure on Killie after their result against Dundee United and their fans will be quick to get on their backs if they get a poor start so vital that we start well and don't let in a sloppy goal.

Providing Lucas is fit the defence will be along usual lines, good to see Devlin looking more solid after a long time out and importantly taking charge of the defence and hopefully Kurakins can follow up a rare solid performance with an other.

MacKinnon was back to his worst on Sunday - poor passing, weak tackling and a lack of discipline which meant that with Imrie knackered, Kurtaj poor and D'acol injured Canning was left short of an important substitution. I'd drop him for this Saturday. If Gillespie isn't fit I'd give Lyon the holding role.

Up front usual problems but in a competition of very low standards I would say that Nade has been our most effective striker this season and I'd prefer him to start in front of D'acol (if fit), Morris or Brophy.

Thank goodness you are not the Accies manager. McKinnon is suspended so won't be dropped, Kurtaj is our best player and you want a 20 year old kid who has hardly started to be a holding player? You obviously play to much fm2016 by the sounds of it.

MacKinnon is suspended for Dundee Utd and available for this Saturday's game - thank goodness you are not the Accies secretary ;)

My bad thought he was.
Fat Alan's hame made soup company.....ahhhh it's braw
Happy Clapper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies73 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:59 pm

Think Martin (Annan Disgrace) Canning should go 4-5-0 at killie, play for the 0-0 Martin, as thats a positive result.
No point starting with a striker as we dont have one anyway.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:11 pm

Accies73 wrote:Think Martin (Annan Disgrace) Canning should go 4-5-0 at killie, play for the 0-0 Martin, as thats a positive result.
No point starting with a striker as we dont have one anyway.

This must be the D&G leader, I'm about to tan my wrists here :(
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:40 pm

Losing it on various threads now ........ :roll:
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Huge game tomorrow with both teams in the same boat in terms of fan pressure on managers etc. But just as a I don't think a win keeps us up I don't think a loss puts us down - there is far too much football to follow this - not the least of which will be United in the next game and with both of them to play again before the end of the season.

That said, I am sure many will paint a win as meaningless and not putting us in that strong a position v Killie; and they will see a loss as proof that Killie are uncatchable and we are relegated already.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:43 pm

The next two games are massive as, at the moment, they're our only two games against teams lower than us. Creating a gap over Killie and United with two wins out of two (which is definitely doable) would boost the players massively as we haven't won two on the bounce since Septemeber and it could deflate them a whole load. On the other hand, two defeats would really emphasise how much of a rut we're in to everyone so I think these are season defining games. I agree they aren't the be all and end all but they're huge.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Huge game but, as previously mentioned, not a deciding factor - still 13 games left after tomorrow.

A win gives us a little breathing space and with Dundee Utd, Mothwerwell and Partick Thistle still to come to NDP pre-split there's plenty of chances to put the necessary daylight between us and the bottom 2.

I, for one, wouldn't be overly bothered if we didn't lose tomorrow but, we can definitely win with a bit of belief and good decision making in the last third.

Would play Canning and Devlin in the middle of defence, with Kurakins and Gordon at full backs.

Kurtaj and Imrie wide with Docherty, Gillespie (if fit) and Crawford in the middle.

Up front, God only knows - D'Acol hasn't done enough for me..............possibly time for Nade??

Looking forward to it in a kind of warped way............who knows what wil happen but, I'm going to stick my neck out and say 2-1 Accies (same as last time :D )
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Alexander the Great » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:06 pm

Were actually slight favourites for this one which I find bizarre considering the result at Annan, a defeat and a win for Dundee united tomorrow would certainly not help martin cannings chances of staying in the job, a win is not a necessity, but I think we could come away with one doing ourselves a world of good points wise and help the players confidence.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:41 pm

Alexander the Great wrote:Were actually slight favourites for this one which I find bizarre considering the result at Annan, a defeat and a win for Dundee united tomorrow would certainly not help martin cannings chances of staying in the job, a win is not a necessity, but I think we could come away with one doing ourselves a world of good points wise and help the players confidence.

Although defeat here does not mean relegation; it would mean 1 win in the last 17 games and for Martin personally might see him lose some of the support within the fan base that he still retains; and clearly ramp up the pressure for those who have decided he is not the man.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Totally agree.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:15 pm

Anybody wanting Accies to get beaten today ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:17 pm

Looks like the retention of the lop sided 5 at the back. Return of morris and retention of the pretty anonymous Lyon on the right are big calls ; the wrong calls for me but that's life
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:51 pm

We are the better team but Ali missed a sitter one on one with the keeper. Lyon adding nothing and 5 at the back is not needed against their 1 up particularly when it's Boyd. Time for MC to fight for his job rather than defend it. Gills for Lyon 451
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:06 pm

Huge win. Killie were awful but still did well on the counter.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:27 pm

Great result well done accies 4 above 11th place killie and 5 behind 4th place county. :D
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:54 pm

Gr8 result that's all that matters. Would be happy with a draw next week now.

Well done the players.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby AlMac » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:04 pm

Great result and well done! There has been plenty of justified criticism over the last few weeks because of 2 shocking performances. However, we've taken 6 points from our last 5 league games, 4 of which were away from home...
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:08 pm

Yes, well done all. Seems the 5 at the back that some are so against is working well. Three clean sheets out of 4 after leaking goals for a spell. No game next week remember.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:10 pm

Yeah a bit of a shame that we aren't playing next week to carry over our confidence but 2 wins on the bounce would be vital. Hopefully we can get it. Still think we need another striker to do so, though.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:23 pm

Massive 3 points and a great result. Not a great game but we looked more up for it and capable. That said, they had a great chance early on, hit the bar, had a free header and perhaps could have had a penalty. We also had a one on one sitter in the first half missed by Ali and 2 or 3 great breaks in the second that we should have done better with.

I think Martin was too defensive and yes it 'worked' in that we got the 3 points but Killie were really poor and we could have dominated the midfield even more with a more conventional 541. Add in that Lyon is neither one thing or another (RB or RW) and gets caught in between, looking unsure, slow to react and less than robust in his battles with his 'man'. Killie had 1 up and it was the atrocious Boyd - but Martin gets away with it and takes the plaudits.

Despite what folk said we were fighting relegation before the game and we are still fighting after it. :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives