Old match day threads will be moved here

Kilmarnock .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:47 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kilmarnock .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby brogansrightpeg » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:51 pm

2 of the biggest games of the year coming up and wins are necessities.
Massive Alan ate everything
brogansrightpeg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Max MacDonald » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:22 pm

Need to take at least 4 out of 6 points as anything less would be another disaster.
If the same team turn up that played Killie at home, we will get beaten again.
Hope Canning is not going to be as negative as he was against St Johnstone & Hearts.
BFA can ram a metal door open with his head. Cheers ta
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

Postby Happy Clapper » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:17 pm

I believe Martin and the lads would have a good week in training and do believe we are due to turn the corner. Accies win 1-0 in canning we trust.
Fat Alan's hame made soup company.....ahhhh it's braw
Happy Clapper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:28 pm

Max MacDonald wrote:Need to take at least 4 out of 6 points as anything less would be another disaster.
If the same team turn up that played Killie at home, we will get beaten again.
Hope Canning is not going to be as negative as he was against St Johnstone & Hearts.

Check the stats for killie game we were very unlucky just needed a goal scorer had plenty of chances.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Happy Clapper » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:32 pm

You get no points for missed chances. Only stat that matters is the final score one. Where do we get these people from?
Happy Clapper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:48 pm

Happy Clapper wrote:You get no points for missed chances. Only stat that matters is the final score one. Where do we get these people from?

Yes where do we HAPPY CLAPPER :roll:
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Max MacDonald » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:47 pm

It's all about 3 points, no point in creating loads of chances and losing cause it looks good on stats.
What do stats win he haw ken.
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:33 pm

Massive game, a loss would perhaps be the final straw some; a draw is just about acceptable. Hopefully a full(ish) squad to pick from so no excuses and after our last run of games v the bottom 6 teams we need some kind of hope to cling to and show we are up for the fight. 451 for me and no changing positions around the team; but I fear he might at least start with the 5 at the back.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:45 pm

Max MacDonald wrote:It's all about 3 points, no point in creating loads of chances and losing cause it looks good on stats.
What do stats win he haw ken.

You said if the same team turns up that played killie we will get beat as if we never played well and created no chances so why would we get beat ?
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Max MacDonald » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:17 pm

Listen if that team turns up that played them at home , we won't score hence not win the match.
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:39 pm

Main reason we didn't score in that game was longridge's decision making so thankfully that won't be an issue this time.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:47 pm

A genuine 6 pointer IMO. Focus is again on defence. if we can keep this watertight then I’ll let the rest of the team take care of itself. Killie are as fragile as us so its about defending. If we do make signings not sure i would throw them in but gary irvine has played really well at left back for Dundee so if we do sign him then ok put him in for Kurakins. I genuinely think if we win we will keep ourselves above Killie for the rest of the season. Common u real hoops
Alfie Olek

Postby Yummy Fur » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:51 pm

Hard to predict much with Accies at the moment, 3 creditable draws in our last 4 league games but obviously with THOSE results. 2 wins against the teams below us and very quickly we'll be a lot closer to a top 6 place than we are to relegation or a play off - big if!

Huge pressure on Killie after their result against Dundee United and their fans will be quick to get on their backs if they get a poor start so vital that we start well and don't let in a sloppy goal.

Providing Lucas is fit the defence will be along usual lines, good to see Devlin looking more solid after a long time out and importantly taking charge of the defence and hopefully Kurakins can follow up a rare solid performance with an other.

MacKinnon was back to his worst on Sunday - poor passing, weak tackling and a lack of discipline which meant that with Imrie knackered, Kurtaj poor and D'acol injured Canning was left short of an important substitution. I'd drop him for this Saturday. If Gillespie isn't fit I'd give Lyon the holding role.

Up front usual problems but in a competition of very low standards I would say that Nade has been our most effective striker this season and I'd prefer him to start in front of D'acol (if fit), Morris or Brophy.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Max MacDonald » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:58 pm

Yummy Fur do you think any if the new signings will start?
I think Elliott and Irvine will start alongside Canning on Saturday.
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:01 am

I wasn't Nade's biggest fan,but he deserves a turn.Annan and last Sunday would have suited him,both physical games.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Happy Clapper » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:17 am

Yummy Fur wrote:Hard to predict much with Accies at the moment, 3 creditable draws in our last 4 league games but obviously with THOSE results. 2 wins against the teams below us and very quickly we'll be a lot closer to a top 6 place than we are to relegation or a play off - big if!

Huge pressure on Killie after their result against Dundee United and their fans will be quick to get on their backs if they get a poor start so vital that we start well and don't let in a sloppy goal.

Providing Lucas is fit the defence will be along usual lines, good to see Devlin looking more solid after a long time out and importantly taking charge of the defence and hopefully Kurakins can follow up a rare solid performance with an other.

MacKinnon was back to his worst on Sunday - poor passing, weak tackling and a lack of discipline which meant that with Imrie knackered, Kurtaj poor and D'acol injured Canning was left short of an important substitution. I'd drop him for this Saturday. If Gillespie isn't fit I'd give Lyon the holding role.

Up front usual problems but in a competition of very low standards I would say that Nade has been our most effective striker this season and I'd prefer him to start in front of D'acol (if fit), Morris or Brophy.

Thank goodness you are not the Accies manager. McKinnon is suspended so won't be dropped, Kurtaj is our best player and you want a 20 year old kid who has hardly started to be a holding player? You obviously play to much fm2016 by the sounds of it.
Happy Clapper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:09 am

Happy Clapper wrote:
Yummy Fur wrote:Hard to predict much with Accies at the moment, 3 creditable draws in our last 4 league games but obviously with THOSE results. 2 wins against the teams below us and very quickly we'll be a lot closer to a top 6 place than we are to relegation or a play off - big if!

Thank goodness you are not the Accies manager. McKinnon is suspended so won't be dropped, Kurtaj is our best player and you want a 20 year old kid who has hardly started to be a holding player? You obviously play to much fm2016 by the sounds of it.

MacKinnon is suspended for Dundee Utd and available for this Saturday's game - thank goodness you are not the Accies secretary ;)
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:46 am

Good one yummy fur you certainly put happy crapper in his place
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Burst Baws » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:18 am

Yummy fur is hitting a few for 6 this morning
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to Match Day Archives