Kilmarnock .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Kilmarnock .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:33 pm

I agree with Max McDonald......although we won the match, it was a tough watch.

Canning has decided over the last few games to really try and tighten things up, playing 5 at the back.

For this to function our forward 3.....Kurtaj, Crawford and Imrie need to be on the ball, passing needs to be good and link play with front guy needs to be spot on.
Yesterday, it was a bit off, our passing at times was awful.

I don't know how many times we need to say this but the decision making in the last third is horrific! We should've won that match by 3 or 4 goals with the situations we manufactured when Killie had to press.

Crawford, twice, D'Acol.....what are they thinking, give the ball to the guy in the best position to score a goal.....Ffs, it's called playing as a team!!

Btw, I'm delighted we won yesterday, that we dug in and scrapped for everything.... Ideal!!

However, the style of football has completely changed.....as we now turn up firstly, to contain and secondly, to hit on the break and see if we can sneak a win.....
I would love us to get back to the pressing football, coupled with the crisp pass and move football that has been our trademark for the last wee while.

Davies, possibly, joining Killie is an added complication because they honked the house out yesterday from start to finish!!!

I still think we have enough in the locker to stay up as Killie, Utd and Thistle ain't any better than us.....massive games v Utd, M'well and Thistle pre split........

One final thing, Kurakins looks a decent player these last few games..... 3 clean sheets in 4 games is pretty decent....albeit in the midst of a 8 goal pumping at Celtic Park......
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:41 pm

I'm not bothered about the style of play if it continues to get us decent results until the end of the season resulting in staying up. We couldn't stay up with the amount of goals we were shipping and Canning changed it so well done to him. I'd like to see us return to the old style too but Canning isn't capable of getting that across to his players or how to deploy it tactically.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:59 pm

accies1874 wrote:I'm not bothered about the style of play if it continues to get us decent results until the end of the season resulting in staying up. We couldn't stay up with the amount of goals we were shipping and Canning changed it so well done to him. I'd like to see us return to the old style too but Canning isn't capable of getting that across to his players or how to deploy it tactically.

Yup, fair comment.....guess I'm just trying to wish for a return to the swashbuckling days.....lol.

Agree, results first leading to staying up......but, how do we get back to the previous style of football?? Do we?
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Gaspode » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:24 am

It's survival football at the minute and, given our position i suppose that is understandable, but by god it aint pretty! Agree regarding our decision making, it is shocking at the moment. We had chances to put Killie out of their misery on Saturday but we made the wrong choice every time, D'Acol's being the most glaring! The defence played very well but i thought Darren Lyon looked very uncomfortable at times. Would much rather see Docherty in that position.
Gaspode
Championship

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives