Accies .V. Hearts - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Hearts - MATCH THREAD

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:56 pm

Won't be many of the choir there Mrssweetfoot....the Canning/Gray effect...I also though quietly share your optimism for today.Surely,it can't get worse.. .
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:33 pm

I've said the same thing for weeks, YOH :lol:
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:42 pm

We need to change it with Lyon playing quasi right back we need more in midfield. Back to 451 please. Lyon getting pushed aside too often as well
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:47 pm

We need to change it with Lyon playing quasi right back we need more in midfield. Back to 451 please. Lyon getting pushed aside too often as well
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:26 pm

Still not impressed. Couldn't take advantage with an extra man and seldom tested their keeper (if at all). Kurakins saved us once and McGovern many times. So stupid from Jesus too.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Hooper » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:26 pm

Lyon isn't a right back either if he plays let the lad play in the middle instead of darian
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:21 pm

A lucky point with the keeper and bar to thank on 4 or more occasions. 5 at the back v 10 men was bad enough but the slow tempo was poor and the change to 2 up just looked desperate when for me the need to dominate the middle was clear. The point is only good if we realise that our recent form is still very poor and we don't deny that.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:36 pm

A chance lost to open a gap on Killie and put pressure on others.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:41 pm

Sometimes you have to accept the small gifts that come your way.

We deserved a point, end of story but couldve lost it all due to a bizarre retreat after about 70 minutes.
We also shouldve tried to play with a slightly higher tempo when we had Hearts pinned in for 25 minutes in 2nd half...

The way we dug in, defended and hassled Hearts made me feel a little better about things......although I did think similar in the aftermath of Perth.
However, Kilmarnock ain't no Celtic......

Canning just about called all subs fairly well today but, I thought, taking Lyon off when we were getting lots of success down that side was not the right thing to do. Sow was a real handful and for the most part we did OK with him.
When you needed Kurtaj to step up in 2nd half, he disappeared.

One final thing...I'm getting sick and tired of this lefty on the right hand side and righty on the left hand side.....nobody wants to commit a defender, cut across them, even if we swapped Kurtaj and Imrie over occasionally.....

We move on to Rugby Park with enough ammunition to cause them problems....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:42 pm

Stick my neck out and say home support about 1300.
Some kid i was only 40 out. Mind you the usual freebies floating around. Must remember to put the lottery on next week 8-) Anyway on the positive side another clean sheet for mcgovern and more like himself. A point we would have all given our right teeth for before the game. Negatives? I think Hearts would have come into it in the second half if they had 11 men and we would have lost. We didn’t really look like taking something with 11 v 10 and indeed in the last quarter Hearts look the likelier to score. On the scoring front our best chance fell to Devlin and D’acol contributed very little. Heard Les getting interviewed on Radio Scotland. Majority of our fans are great its that naughty minority who take to social media to criticise. :roll: Little or no indication there will be signings.
Alfie Olek

Postby Alexander the Great » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:45 pm

Thought McGovern made some vital saves, but the hearts keeper still probably had the best save of the match, were better with Kurtaj and imrie in team. That's tena and McKinnon missing for united game, Ali Crawford needs to contribute more not half the player he is at the moment.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby AlMac » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:31 pm

A good point that no one expected us to get.
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby ColinS » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:48 pm

A welcome improvement in overall performance. Was pleased to see Micky Devlin taking a leadership role at the back. He deserved the MOTM award. Need to keep it going and get the 3 points next week.
C'mon the Accies
Keep on believing
ColinS
Pub League

Postby Hooper » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:42 pm

Alexander the Great wrote:Thought McGovern made some vital saves, but the hearts keeper still probably had the best save of the match, were better with Kurtaj and imrie in team. That's tena and McKinnon missing for united game, Ali Crawford needs to contribute more not half the player he is at the moment.

Don't think darian or tena are a great miss I assume daz was took off because cant be trusted and tena is so immobile its shocking maybe Crawford could do with sitting out a game also as he isn't bringing anything to the table all in all a good point good clean sheet but will have to do much better to stay in this league
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:11 am

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/ ... -1-4010175

Hearts fans must be the biggest moaners in football..
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:23 pm

really? wrote:http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hamilton-accies/darren-lyon-i-was-lucky-to-avoid-igor-rossi-leg-breaker-1-4010175

Have a read at Jambos Kickback for a laugh.Hearts have always been a physical team in my 40 years of watching fitba.We brought ourselves down to their level of physicality and we should have lost.An Alex Neil team would have wiped the floor with them.

They join Dundee as one of our "favourite clubs".
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby AlMac » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:01 pm

really? wrote:http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hamilton-accies/darren-lyon-i-was-lucky-to-avoid-igor-rossi-leg-breaker-1-4010175

They are some of the biggest moaners. Unlike Accies fans, who never moan about anything......... :roll:
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:53 pm

AlMac wrote:

They are some of the biggest moaners. Unlike Accies fans, who never moan about anything......... :roll:

Constructive criticism is moaning now in Happy Clapper land.How dare Accies fans moan at 9/44,another symbolic Cup exit and the like.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:57 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:
AlMac wrote:

Constructive criticism is moaning now in Happy Clapper land.How dare Accies fans moan at 9/44,another symbolic Cup exit and the like.

Lets not get too touchy; if you throw about terms like 'happy clapper' then I think terms like 'moaner' are the least you can expect?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby AlMac » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:22 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:
AlMac wrote:

It was intended to be a light hearted comment YOH, so need to be sensitive ! Take a look at any of the fans forums for other teams in the SPFL and you'll see a whole range of things they are not happy about. Fans of all teams are passionate and will inevitably have their "moans". Accies fans are no different - even in the good times.
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives