Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Hearts - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:00 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accord .V. Hearts - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bonjella » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:31 pm

Very concerned about this one, at least the Celtic game wasn't live on the TV.

Could be another big number conceded as we are defending like four year old's right now.

I honestly don't have an answer on how to combat this? Hearts will be all out to amend the (in their eyes) unfair decisions & result from the 1st home tie.

5-5-0 formation ??

Would anyone else consider playing Tena in the Neil role, if anything he can pick a pass out.
Last edited by Bonjella on Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Bonjella
Pub League

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:32 pm

4-0 Hearts
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:44 pm

At least we're not playing them. Feel for these "Accord" lads, though...
accies1874
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:34 pm

Start poorly , concede a couple goals , you think get to half-time for a rousing manager team talk then bang , concede straight after half-time like we do most weeks , then switch to 2 up-front and show a bit of fight when the game is already lost .

Just another Martin Canning match in charge .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Certainly little to be confident about going into this one and its time for the most important thing to be results / performance and not just 'working hard' and being 'together'.

451 - back to normal, Imrie and Kurtaj wide, Gills Daz and Ali in the middle. I like Mickey D but his performances since his return have been shocking. Guys like McGovern and Ziggy also need to put their words into action as their form has dipped with everyone.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby ColinS » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:31 pm

We could get another doin against Hearts but I hope we get things tighter than of late and give at least a better performance. I still feel that we lack leadership on the park. Need someone to bully team mates a bit and get them organised otherwise it cold be more of the same of late.
C'mon the Accies
Keep on believing
ColinS
Pub League

Postby DC United » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:16 pm

If Willie Collum's the ref again we have a chance!
DC United
Pub League

Postby Gaspode » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:30 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Certainly little to be confident about going into this one and its time for the most important thing to be results / performance and not just 'working hard' and being 'together'.

451 - back to normal, Imrie and Kurtaj wide, Gills Daz and Ali in the middle. I like Mickey D but his performances since his return have been shocking. Guys like McGovern and Ziggy also need to put their words into action as their form has dipped with everyone.

Kurtaj will have to work a whole lot harder than he did on Tuesday night. As much as i don't like Kurakins, he was hung out to dry by Kurtaj's failure to work back when we didn't have possession. Agree about Devlin though, take him out the firing line before his confidence is shattered.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:53 pm

Gaspode wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:Certainly little to be confident about going into this one and its time for the most important thing to be results / performance and not just 'working hard' and being 'together'.

Kurtaj will have to work a whole lot harder than he did on Tuesday night. As much as i don't like Kurakins, he was hung out to dry by Kurtaj's failure to work back when we didn't have possession. Agree about Devlin though, take him out the firing line before his confidence is shattered.

Can't disagree re Kurtaj but he has an ability that can hurt teams.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:19 pm

Whoops on the title - bloody phone auto-correct changing Accies to Accord... fixed!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Hearts - MATCH THREAD

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:38 pm

The frightening thing about Hearts last week was that listening to the commentators even at 6 up they were still looking for goals. If they play with the same attitude on Sunday and we defend as per it could get nasty again. Imrie back for the full 90 I assume. Tena for Devlin? Don't think it will make much difference. One can live in hope of something.
Alfie Olek

Postby accies1874 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:42 pm

That Hearts performance at Tynecastle was diabolical (though we made some changes) and they're doing very well so there's every right to be worried. We saw flashes of good play against Motherwell at Fir Park but that's not been emulated in any game the past few months. In fact, that was probably our best half since the second vs Killie in September! The crowd's gonna be pretty horrific too.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:52 pm

The crowd's gonna be pretty horrific too.

Well they are obviously expecting a large Hearts turnout hence the away tickets. Home support? Well its on the tele so that always effects our home gates, then those too scunnered to attend offset by free tickets to the usual pet charities and whatever kids teams are available. Oh and then there’s the corporate hospitality business junkies 8-) Stick my neck out and say home support about 1300.
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:09 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:
The crowd's gonna be pretty horrific too.

Well they are obviously expecting a large Hearts turnout hence the away tickets. Home support? Well its on the tele so that always effects our home gates, then those too scunnered to attend offset by free tickets to the usual pet charities and whatever kids teams are available. Oh and then there’s the corporate hospitality business junkies 8-) Stick my neck out and say home support about 1300.

in the stand or on the Hill ?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:14 pm

I'd bite your hand off for a draw right now.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:32 am

I'd settle for a non embarrassing defeat, 0-2 maybe.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:32 am

Hopefully, Accies, top to bottom, have been stung by the criticism over Tuesday night.......

I expect some sort of reaction and it's imperative we keep it tight for the first 20 minutes or so.

Martin needs to stop playing square pegs in round holes and play the players in their preferred positions, properly motivate the guys before the game and get back to the hassle and pressure of early season, making Hearts work (and probably make some errors too) before trying to impose our style of play on the game.

If all of these things can be implemented and carried out properly....it would nice if we didn't have any individual errors for the next three games.........then there is no reason why we can't pick up a positive result today.....

I do post this more in hope than expectation, right enough.

D'Acol hasn't worked over last three games and still looks off the pace. I would give Nade a whirl with Brophy coming on for last 30 mins.

MacKinnon, Docherty and Crawford have done reasonable enough over last few games to warrant inclusion.
Imrie and Kurtaj wide for me. Gordon, Kurakins, Canning and Lucas.....Devlin has had two awful games v Annan and Celtic...although decent v St J.

Heart v Head.....hmmmm, 1-1.

The most important thing for me today is an acknowledgement by the players that they owe us (and themselves) much more than we had Tuesday night.....scrap and fight for everything.....as the choir tell us 'we never give up!!!'
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:47 pm

Devlin and Lyon is seems strange. Devlin as he has had 2 absolute mares and not sure Darren is up for the robust fight that will be ongoing right in the centre of the park. No Gills at all. McGovern, Ziggy, Ali and Daz will need to be the big guys today as none of them has been recently.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:52 pm

Gillespie's injured. Thought D'Acol looked good against St Johnstone but very poor in his other two games. Disappointed with the lack of Docherty.
accies1874
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives