Accies v Partic Thistle

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies v Partic Thistle

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:As for losing when 2-0 up, it's definitely happened. I'm thinking Clydebank away in the 90s but I can't be more precise.

Oh, I know it's happened.

Most recently, it happened a couple of seasons ago at NDP v Ayr United. I was there, but had to leave very early - half time, or not much later, when (I think) it was still 2-2. Hence my point that I've never seen it.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:20 pm

In 2010 I remember us drawing 2 - 2 after being 2 - 0 up twice in a row (vs Killie and St Mirren) but I missed that Ayr game too so I can't remember seeing us losing from being 2 up
accies1874
Premiership

Postby PaulWinters » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:40 pm

Defending takes years to learn.
If we could hire (the now retired )Don Howe for a week, it would be well worthwhile.
He had the back four at Arsenal drilling hour after hour to make sure they operated well as a unit.
He even had them carrying a rope sometimes to make sure that they were dovetailing and covering for each other.
If you listen to Gary Neville talking about body angles and positions, you'll understand why defence is a substantial now much neglected art.
We are cut open too easily at present, albeit we had no Gillespie yesterday to protect the back 4.
At least the pressing game, usually denies opponents time to pick a pass.
PaulWinters
Pub League

Postby Alexander the Great » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:50 am

Alfie Olek wrote: At least we kept going and got something at the end but I’m really quite angry that we lost.

:?
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:14 am

This is off topic (sorta) but it's a question I need to ask -

Yesterday when the drum was getting put through the gate we where approached by an old man in a mobility scooter who said 'That f*cking drum, hope somebody puts a hole it in. Awful Noise'

Is that the feeling among the other supporters?

Seeing as it was Ronnie MacDonald that bought the new drum I know that the club are more than happy with it. Was just wondering about the rest of the support.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:09 am

I like the drum it helps generate a bit of atmosphere. if if it was right beside me I wouldn’t :D At my end sometimes I’m not even conscious of it and at away games when its allowed in I just make sure there is a bit of space between me and it so i can listen to open all mikes. More power to your elbows
Alfie Olek

Postby Don van Vliet » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:10 am

And back on topic... surely #22's equaliser is a runner in the goal-of-the-season stakes? The control of the initial pass... the turn ... the power and pinpoint accuracy of the strike... just 2 touches.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:32 am

I love the drum - creates good atmosphere - just don't sit too near it!
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:50 am

I'm all for the drum. The louder the better. The section A young team have been great this season backing the team home and away and creating a great atmosphere
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Don't understand any of the hate for the drum. If you don't like it then sit away from it at - not too hard at home games as there's plenty of empty seats. Away games may be a bit more difficult though but its only been brought to 3 games anyway.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby JMcGrogan'sotherleg » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:48 pm

This Accies team just never gives us and, without a doubt, #22's late strike felt more like a winner than securing a draw. Surprised none of the reports today mentioned his late one at Hibs and Saturday's must have been even later.
Great excitement and more than made up for throwing away a two-goal lead.
JMcGrogan'sotherleg
Pub League

Postby Alexander the Great » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:25 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:
Yesterday when the drum was getting put through the gate we where approached by an old man in a mobility scooter who said 'That f*cking drum, hope somebody puts a hole it in. Awful Noise'

should have told mitchy to feck off. ;)
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Burst Baws » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:59 pm

The drum is great, hope more young and old get involved in the singing section.......the lads over in that section are the life blood of this club and long may their drum beat!
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:16 pm

We are going well off subject here, but I agree with the support for the drum.

It creates a great atmosphere in the ground, something that we've been lacking for quite a while.
Thought the travelling support at the 4-0 win against Motherwell, with the aid of the band, was fantastic

Like other posters have said, if you don't like the drum, don't sit near it....simples!

Also, has our home support been growing recently?
It certainly looks that way.

Last 2 home games (v Aberdeen and V Partick) feels like there's been a bigger support.
Great if it's true.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:45 pm

Alexander the Great wrote:
PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:

should have told mitchy to feck off. ;)

HAW Alexander :) ....Join in you old sourpuss.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Accies999 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:06 pm

IMO we've defended poorly recently and made a few mistakes but frankly it's quite hard to defend against teams that just pump high balls over the top. We'll compete against most teams that want to play it on the ground but the Dundee's and the Particks realise that and they know our weaknesses. Glad to see Darian return as he gives us a bit of muscle but we need a bit more dig for when the going gets tough.

The drum I'm happy with. It would be good to get more people joining in with the singing section. Some big flags would be good as well.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives