Celtic v Hoops

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Celtic v Hoops

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:14 pm

Worst Accies defeat in the league ever against celtic was November 1988 when we lost 8 - 0 at douglas park Will this be worse.
Alfie Olek

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:31 pm

Tragic , the ref feels that sorry for us there is no stoppage time how bad is that .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies73 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:33 pm

Celtic's biggest win since 2010.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:44 pm

is it confidence or are the players not trying as they want CANNING OUT also?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:21 pm

mc after the game......
"When you concede three goals in the opening 10 minutes then you're on a hiding to nothing. All over the park we were too passive. We didn't have enough leaders on the park; in fact we had no leaders. Our season won't be dictated by what happens at Celtic Park. Everyone's hurting as much as they [the Accies fans] are hurting. We need to bounce back..."

A more honest appraisal would be that this was coming for several games now and could have been foreseen. MC should look at his own powers of leadership before condemning players ( bad as they were).

Personally, I would like MC to explain what the circumstances will be that will allow things to change and Accies to "bounce back"
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby Colombian Boffin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:31 pm

If Ronnie and Les really care, then they'll take the required action. That means (sadly) that Martin needs to step down. If not we will be relegated. Surely the Chairman doesn't want to sit and watch all the progress we made under Alex Neil destroyed in a year. Surely?
Last edited by Colombian Boffin on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby yuggyboy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:34 pm

This is a joke! At least have a bit of fight guys - you are getting paid to play football!!!! :( :( :( :( All I want is for you to man up - no matter what the manager is like - have some pride in the jersey!!!!!
yuggyboy
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:35 pm

Our reaction to Brophy scoring said it all. He simply can't stay. The players were awful too. Every single one.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:59 pm

I didn't think I would need to write a similar post so soon after Annan....

......what in God's name was that all about?

You quite simply can't defend like that......we didn't know whether to press or sit and got nailed all over the park.

MacKinnon needs to be disciplined and do the holding role not run about like a lunatic leaving holes in CM... Celtic continually broke the lines and got themselves in the pockets between our lines.

Nobody expects Accies to win, or draw, but it's the manner of defeat that sticks in my throat....the players seemed to jack it in after 3-0.....unacceptable, embarrassing....I could go on and on.....

Players should seriously think about reimbursing the fans for that farce......
Kurtaj??? What happened to him??

Finally, I think the time has come for a change in management. This simply can't continue or we will be relegated....automatically....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby The Goalie » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:13 am

After seeing the lack of performance from the players tonight, you genuinely have to ask what has happened to the never say die attitude shown by the same players against Hearts (home), and, Killie & Partick (away)?
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:29 am

Having left two wakes early to go to Annan and then tonight,the pitiful performances of our players and Management did nothing to cheer me up...if anything the opposite.

A side with no central midfield,guys like Kurtaj not tracking back then a guy who can't get a regular game for struggling Dumbarton celebrating that goal like he had scored the winner in a Cup Final...GTF

My worry here is that if those in charge are happy with this then do us all a favour and say so and the Accies support can go and do something constructive on a Saturday.The heart,soul and feeling of well being has been ripped out of our club in one year.

The Accies fans are the laughing stock of football thanks to these clowns.A fan base who have suffered so many low blows simply can't take any more of this.

Do the decent thing and sack him or put the club up for sale if unwilling to do so.This is worse than the bad,bad years.At least then there were excuses.Now it is due to incompetence from the top all the way down.

Look at Airdrie,crowds of 400,part-time and realistically a club who will never again achieve top flight football....is that how low they want us to sink?

So sad,frustrated,angry and every adjective under the sun.The lowest of many recent low blows.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby hughjarse6309 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:19 am

For the first time, I'm glad I live over 300 miles away & therefore could not get to the game. I was at the 0-8 game back in the 80s & I'm glad I didn't have that experience again.(At least we scored this time, though)
hughjarse6309
Pub League

Postby Beastie » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:32 am

Colombian Boffin wrote:If Ronnie and Les really care, then they'll take the required action. That means (sadly) that Martin needs to step down. If not we will be relegated. Surely the Chairman doesn't want to sit and watch all the progress we made under Alex Neil destroyed in a year. Surely?

My thoughts exactly
Beastie
Pub League

Postby Euan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:35 am

I too was at the 0-8 game at Douglas Park and feared the worst last night.
I was offered a free ticket by a Celtic supporting colleague but declined, thankfully, as I didn't want to see a humiliation.
I'd predicted 8-0 with a Griffiths hat trick.
I like Martin Canning, but he should resign.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:38 am

Up there with the most embarrassing performances in my 40+ years watching Accies. A complete shambles & should have been at least 10 for Celtic. Celtic were not good, they didn't have to be.

Bryophy 's reaction to his conciliation was shocking. Another Celtic supporting Accies player who will no doubt be more chuffed about his goal at Celtic Park than embarrassed about being part of the shambles. Hope you got your Celtic jersey to go with your goal Eamonn.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:04 am

I can forgive Broohy, young boy who has not scored for the first team in a long time also his first top league goal! btw his is now not far of our top scoring striker.

d Alco and Nade can do one with Canning

Why did we not try and get Nathain Austin form east fife, I accept that we lose player to Dundee but I'm shure we could have got him over Falkirk.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:50 pm

Falkirk are a proper football club with 4000 fans who also have a great youth ethos, a no brained for Austin even if we were interested.

The comments from those on the radio last night should be required listening to all at the club. The third goal may have been unlucky and the sixth was definitely a yard offside but we were still lucky it was only a seven goal margin. Expecting the team not to be an utter shambles is not asking for too much.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby DC United » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:59 pm

What a difference a year (ish) makes.

As a club we have no right to expect to go to Celtic Park and win, albeit Neil managed it with a similar team. We also have no right to expect a manager as good as Neil has proved to be.

We can though expect organisation, effort and professionalism. We are seeing none of these characteristics. We are an SPL team in league standing only. Most of our players, on current form, would struggle to get picked for any other full time team in Scotland. That said, a change in manager could turn things around with most of them.

Hopefully Canning will accept his own limitations, realise he is not cut out for the job and leave. Things have got so bad and gone on for so long that he could no longer do so with his head held high, but there must come a time when you cut your losses.
DC United
Pub League

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives