St Johnstone v Accies

Old match day threads will be moved here

St Johnstone v Accies

Postby H9crx » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:04 pm

Was hoping canning would've been sacked so I could go to this. No such luck

Now ST J have Royaly pumped us twice this year when we were doing ok!

St J 6 - Martin Annan 1

Selection bingo and expect a lot of under 20's playing as that is usually the next step when a manager has run out of ideas.
H9crx
Premiership

Re: St Johnston v Accies

Postby Yummy Fur » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:12 am

H9crx wrote:Selection bingo

Back in vogue on this forum I see - interesting to get some examples of "selection bingo" to back it up please?
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:37 am

Martin Annan still there , so its 18/1 to be 4 - 0 at any stage in the game , that has come up the last 2 fixtures v Saints .

Oh also , a note for Mr Annan and the players , please spare us any drivel pre match of how you want to make up for last weeks result and how you have all worked hard in training , do not want to hear it . Damage well and truly done and we are sick of the "playing well not getting the breaks" nonsense .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby rubenthedog » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:18 am

Heres my prediction.

We'll start off well for first 5 minutes, then ST J will suck us up the park, hit us on the break and score.
Well capitulate and let in a further 4 goals in a similar manner.

St Johnstone 5 - Accies 1
McKinnon red card

decided to save the diesel on this one. Best wishes to all who brave the journey
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:15 pm

DEFENCE as they say at american basketball games. Gordon back to his normal position, Lucas if fit otherwise sendlss - White with Devlin and Kurakins. If we haven’t got a replacement for Kurakins then might as well play him. Gillespie in his normal role. Kurtaj if he is fit or he is allowed to play ;) otherwise i assume redmond, Daz and docherty. Might as well try Morris and Congo chris up front. Unless we have signed Nicky Clark :lol: :lol: :lol: A win is a necessity to keep us away from kilmarnock who seem to be improving slightly. Unless the weather deteriorates will be there. I am a glutton for punishment.
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:51 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:

Back in vogue on this forum I see - interesting to get some examples of "selection bingo" to back it up please?

Lewis L starting against Inverness and then getting punted a week later - Bingo
Devlon starting in the cup after close to a year out - Bingo

What would be good is Dougie being given the captains arm band when back. McGloves can't infulance the game and has lost form. Looks like he is on a marketing stint just now looking for a big precontract deal and will be away next year. No better time than to give it to Dougie.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:17 pm

H9crx wrote:
Yummy Fur wrote:

Lewis L starting against Inverness and then getting punted a week later - Bingo
Devlon starting in the cup after close to a year out - Bingo

What would be good is Dougie being given the captains arm band when back. McGloves can't infulance the game and has lost form. Looks like he is on a marketing stint just now looking for a big precontract deal and will be away next year. No better time than to give it to Dougie.

Longridge being loaned out after getting his chance and not taking it wasn't a huge surprise especially with Mandiangu being brought in to play the same position.

Bringing Devlin in after so little game time was a risk but with Lucas injured, Sendles White out of form and no option to play Ziggy at CB because our 2 options at LB were injured he had limited choices.

2 examples neither of which are particularly compelling evidence - not exactly "selection bingo".

Agree about a change in captain. At Annan with a couple of minutes left one of their players (no.16) was roaring instructions and encouragement despite being 4-1 up and completely in control while our players were completely silent. A bit more leadership is needed on the park too and while Dougie leads by example I would consider Ziggy too - does anyone know his record last season when he was captain, think we might of been unbeaten?
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:53 pm

Canning has to start to try and offer the experience, the leadership, the calming influence that Neil used to impart.

Get Gillespie back into midfield and let's think about defending.

St J don't play any football of note, punt and feed off the scraps stuff.....just what we dont like!!

We need to start defending better as a team, select our options better when we get ourselves into good positions and take our chances.
We cannot take zero points from our next three games....we must pick up something!!

I'd bring Kurakins back, Kurtaj desperately needed and play Nade up top......Brophy has done ok....nothing more.

D'Acol fluffed his lines last week and still looked off the pace v League 2 opposition.

Morris has had too many chances already....

MacKinnon and Docherty have been our best players over last couple of weeks and should start.....

Mandiangu, if he's fit and Kurtaj ain't could possibly fill a wide berth.

I think we might get a draw here, blind optimism, perhaps......but one can hope!!!
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby JackJarvisEsquire » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:49 am

It's been over a month since St Johnstone scored a goal.
JackJarvisEsquire
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:07 am

The real problem with recent form now starts to be clear; the last 5 games were against bottom 6 teams and all we managed was a point. now we have St J, Celtic and Hearts before what looks like a season defining game at Killie.

We need Gills and Ali to be back on form and the depth of the squad is clear when the loss of a full back causes a shift in the entire defence last week - I don't think Canning can be serious about picking himself as he can be neither physically or match fit? We are not good enough for 2 up front and continuing that particular experiment going into the next group games looks like desperation.

A point would be nice.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:41 am

JackJarvisEsquire wrote:It's been over a month since St Johnstone scored a goal.

When was the last game we had a clean sheet?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:36 pm

Hamilton goalkeeper Michael McGovern wants Martin Canning to pick himself at centre-back as he reckons the player-manager is the best defender at the club.

From the BBC gossip page. Will he or won’t he? Cant imagine he will be match fit. He hasn’t even been playing in the under 20’s. too much of a gamble IMO
Alfie Olek

Postby JackJarvisEsquire » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:39 pm

H9crx wrote:
JackJarvisEsquire wrote:It's been over a month since St Johnstone scored a goal.

When was the last game we had a clean sheet?

September
JackJarvisEsquire
Pub League

Postby Accies73 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:41 pm

Have no intention of wasting another penny watching Martin Annan & Co.
Can see this being another 4 goals conceded, the heads will go down as we have a loser mentality.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby Montrose Week » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:38 pm

Hate to be negative, but totally agree with Accies 73.

Change is needed from top to bottom before we can move forward again.
Montrose Week
Pub League

Postby Don van Vliet » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:45 pm

Montrose Week wrote:Hate to be negative, but totally agree with Accies 73.

Oh go on, everybody else feels free to be! :shock: :?
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:53 pm

Don van Vliet wrote:
Montrose Week wrote:Hate to be negative, but totally agree with Accies 73.

Oh go on, everybody else feels free to be! :shock: :?

:D :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:18 pm

Hard to see how we can get anything out of this for even the most optimistic of Accies fans and probably a game that no one will be too disappointed if the pre match inspection calls it off.

If the game is on much depends on who is fit again, although it can't be used an excuse for last week's display I have some sympathy for Canning when he needs to switch his entire defence around because of an injury to our distinctly average left back.

I don't expect Canning to play himself and you feel if Lucas is fit he will be a definite starter but the other CB position is a tough decision between out of form Jesus & JSW and a very rusty Devlin who I was surprised didn't get 45 mins against Falkirk in the U20s midweek.

Think that we'll be back to 4-5-1 and wonder if there will be a starting place for Mandingu and Boyd?
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Hooper » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Boyd is out just now and sendles white was far from impressive for the 20s during the week
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Re: St Johnstone v Accies

Postby Hooper » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:08 pm

Accies 3 at the back with kurakins and Lyon wing backs ?
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to Match Day Archives