Annan .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Annan .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby accies1874 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:44 pm

The buses being full gives quite a good indication that we'll have a healthy support, in my opinion. There will still be folk getting the train and driving there too. 1200 will obviously be more than enough but I think it'll be our biggest away support in a while (not like that's saying much, though :lol: )
accies1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:50 pm

Heard it's also a synthetic pitch, so should be no worries about it being unplayable.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:10 am

Healthy support going but I think the banana skin status of this one has been overlooked. If we were in there position we would be thinking we had a wee chance of a shock.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Neilhoodwasmyhero » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:55 pm

Annan ran Queen of the South close in the League Cup this season and should really have won the match, which should stop any chance of us being complacent. That said, they are not very good and if we play our passing game at a high tempo we should be far too good for them, let's leave the romance of the Cup to Cove Rangers!
Neilhoodwasmyhero
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:20 pm

Indefensible. Needs to go pronto.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:19 pm

Humiliation
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:24 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Humiliation

Was this due to two up top or the fact that your Dad is a dud and needs to Go?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:38 pm

I suppose supporting Accies is all about the good and the bad times. I’ve seen plenty over the years but we were out thought and out played and quite honestly it could have been 5 or 6 for Annan. Martin made a few changes but I don’t understand replacing Kurakins with Gordon and Gordon with Gillespie. All we did was move the weakness on the left to the right. Meanwhile Tena looked really uncomfortable. I could go on but whats the point. Some managers can make silk purses out of sows ears, martin seems to be at the stage where he can’t get anything out of the squad. He is not a manager but he will still be there at the end of the season. Positives the cup of tea was only a £1
Alfie Olek

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:44 pm

Embarrassing. Change needed now.

Well done Annan btw. Fully deserved their win.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Hooper » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Really need to stop playing players out of position not good enough full stop would rather we went with a team of youngsters than this
Last edited by Hooper on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:58 pm

H9crx wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:Humiliation

Was this due to two up top or the fact that your Dad is a dud and needs to Go?

You mean you weren't there; what a shock. But since you mention it your 2 up answer to everything has been a disaster.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:01 pm

Can't be long now! I won't glote tho, un like you after 3 wins Lol
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:08 pm

H9crx wrote:Can't be long now! I won't glote tho, un like you after 3 wins Lol

Gloat away, that's your style. Although what you have to Gloat about us unclear you were backing MC until 2 weeks ago and told us 2 up was the answer.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:42 pm

The most embarrassing result in our history.Worse than Keith or Buckie.An SPL club who should have lost by 7 or 8 goals...Worse is these custodians don't seem to give a fcuk....time will tell if they do the right thing.

Football before junkies.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:29 pm

Martin Canning was quoted in the BBC preview saying stuff like we were taking the game seriously, aiming to win, and fielding our strongest side. Well, I'm sorry Martin, but I don't believe any of that, and I didn't as soon as I saw on Twitter we were giving a first start of the season to three players, changing our full backs, and playing two up top for only the second(?) time this season.

Let's be clear: I support the current Board and everything they've done for the club. I delight in their financial prudence and their investment in youth. I back their promote-from-within ethos and their loyalty to managers once they appoint them. But I don't agree with their attitude to cup ties, which all the evidence shows they consistently devalue.

The bottom line is that Accies don't care about the cups, and that's why we get results like today's. It's not Martin Canning's fault.

I was amazed to hear we were odds-on to win this one, and as I listened to Radio Scotland all the way down the M74, agreed with Derek Ferguson and all the other pundits who picked us out as the most likely upset. It was surreal hearing us spoken of as the big club, and equally surreal to see us play a complacent passing game in the face of Annan's up-and-at-em attitude. I still expected us to come through this tie, even when we went behind to a shocking error from Jesus, even when Devlin got away with an equally shocking error, even when we lost the second goal to more shocking defending. When Docherty got his goal I expected us to come back and win, but when they hit back right away, I knew then that it wasn't our day.

I'm glad I bagged the ground today, because I don't see me travelling to any more cup ties until it looks like we really are taking them seriously.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:35 pm

I don't agree with that; which in some ways is much worse. I think we did play to win; but we just came up way too short and were beaten by a better team. However, on second thoughts a midfield 3 which includes Redmond is always a major risk. Also if we took it seriously maybe we would have adjusted to the surface rather than playing high balls out of the park
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:55 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:I don't agree with that; which in some ways is much worse. I think we did play to win; but we just came up way too short and were beaten by a better team. However, on second thoughts a midfield 3 which includes Redmond is always a major risk. Also if we took it seriously maybe we would have adjusted to the surface rather than playing high balls out of the park

Dont' let us blame the surface. WE play on a synthetic pitch. The players train (or do they?) on one. I thought being at Buckie would be the worst I would ever see Accies play in the Scottish Cup. Today exceeded that by a country mile.

Had no idea of whether there were any tactics for today. Didn't seem so. Players underperforming (again) and played out of position too. We certainly missed Lucas & Dougie, but we should still have had enough skill as well as mangerial ability to turn things round after 45 minutes, with a wee break to refresh things at half time. Nade could have rumbled them up, but 'NO'. Docherty the MOTM with his tireless enegery and running AND exortataions to other team members. Then he was subbed.... injury?

We deserved to be well beaten by a good team effort from Annan. On this form we look automatic relegation placed, as DU are bound to start a run of wins at some stage.

Probably a nice guy, Martin, but after 12 months, it's time to resign for your own future credibility and sanity. Honourable thing to do!!

Any plus points from today? Annan finally off the 'list'. Friendly locals. Great Tea/Coffee for £1 large cup. Great Pies and Sausage Rolls for £2. Team Sheets 10p Entry £6. Great craic with friends there and back. Almost look forward to playing in the lower divisions again :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby accie » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:29 am

The only player to acknowledge the fans today was Darian. Although I don't have much time for him as a player it was the decent thing to do. The rest just trooped off with their heads held low. Shameful.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:50 am

Blimey, where to start!

That simply wasn't good enough.

Devlin and Tena honked the house out from start to finish.

I could see what formation MC was trying today but we pushed our full backs too far up meaning our CB got continually nailed as they were out of touch with what was happening.

Docherty, Brophy (just) and MacKinnon (just) got pass marks and Mandiangu looked reasonable when he came on the rest were extremely poor.....end of story.

Accies couldn't handle Annan's direct play and Weatherson caused mayhem the whole match.

McGovern is leaking poor goals, probably a direct knock-on from the porous defence we currently have.

We need to stop playing players out of position, Gordon isn't a LB and Gillespie isn't a RB.....stop it!

D'Acol didn't look up to it and Redmond looked lost. The biggest let down to me, at present, is Crawford. The boy has got talent but doesn't look interested right now, he has lost the early season swagger and movement and he needs to get it back if we are to avoid a return to the Championship.

I think the time has come for MC to fall on his sword as it looks like he has done what he can.....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:11 am

Another thing that annoyed me was bringing on Lyon with 10 mins to go; no offence to him but he hasn't played for months and it was clearly a 'run out' rather than any effort to get some pride back. That the formation stayed the same just adds salt to the wound. He could have put Lyon to RB - put Gills back in the holding and attempt to dominate the midfield by putting one of the strikers out wide and pushing forward. But no it was carry on the same and not really trying to do anything.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives