Annan .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Annan .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby H9crx » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:41 am

For the posters who shout who else would you have a gaffer!
Jim Chappy Chapman keeps with the Boards ego Soz ethos of former employee, was at the club as sfa development offer is and was a good coach back the around 1998 and if I rember his training and knoladge were all good think sandy Clark was manager at the time just after Munro left.

Sandy Clark also another may be the only way his son plays in the hoops.

The dumfermlin manager Alan Johnston good pedigree and has a young team in Dumfermline. Does not keep with the boards ego tho.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:58 am

The only positive that could have come from yesterday was that big lump resigning at full-time but why would he when he is not judged on results .

It will be head in the sand and carry on , yesterday never happened , nothing to see here from the Club .

Yesterday at half-time you think of Canning being in changing room , hands in pocket , saying "carry on lads , it will turn" with no thought of tactical changes or a plan B , and what happens after halt-time , they score again , so what does he say to the players .

In Alex Neil you thought at least he knows what he is doing even in defeat , in Canning you see none of that .

Well done Annan , everything Accies were not yesterday .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:36 pm

Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:Blimey, where to start!

That simply wasn't good enough.

Devlin and Tena honked the house out from start to finish.

I could see what formation MC was trying today but we pushed our full backs too far up meaning our CB got continually nailed as they were out of touch with what was happening.

Docherty, Brophy (just) and MacKinnon (just) got pass marks and Mandiangu looked reasonable when he came on the rest were extremely poor.....end of story.

Accies couldn't handle Annan's direct play and Weatherson caused mayhem the whole match.

McGovern is leaking poor goals, probably a direct knock-on from the porous defence we currently have.

We need to stop playing players out of position, Gordon isn't a LB and Gillespie isn't a RB.....stop it!

D'Acol didn't look up to it and Redmond looked lost. The biggest let down to me, at present, is Crawford. The boy has got talent but doesn't look interested right now, he has lost the early season swagger and movement and he needs to get it back if we are to avoid a return to the Championship.

I think the time has come for MC to fall on his sword as it looks like he has done what he can.....

A decent summary of yesterday's farce.

I do have some sympathy with Canning as due to a combination of injuries, lack of squad depth (another season without any real cover at either full back position) and loss of form he was forced to play his right back at left back, holding midfielder at right back and probably most telling bring Devlin back in after 90 minutes of u20 football for his first game in 9 months - it showed.

Bearing all that in mind it was a crazy decision to effectively play our full backs as wingers leaving our CBs with no cover when they needed it most. The tactic to play our most creative players in Crawford (excellent last week at Motherwell) and Redmond too far forward was also folly leaving the limited McKinnon trying unsuccessfully to pick passes.

I've felt that a lot of the negativity and abuse that Canning has got has been premature with some calling for him to be sacked after the Ross County game when we were lying 6th in the league but it is hard to see where he goes from here in what was as an inept a performance as I've ever seen from an Accies team. Questions also need to be asked of the players and for players like Sendles White (Ziggy preferred at M/well and a quarter fit Devlin preferred yesterday), Redmond (likely a higher earner who is seldom fit and difficult to see where he fit in the team) and D'acol (Still nowhere near fit despite being here for several months) it's hard to see anywhere to go for them.

Canning has turned it round before, hard to see him doing it again - hope I'm wrong.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:26 pm

Anyone remember how long Ally Dawson survived as Manager after losing 2-0 to Highland League Buckie Thistle on 6 Jan 2001? And then we're we not a Third Division team as opposed to a Premier (in name only) outfit?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:06 pm

Just back from walking the dog round the ground. Like to report that the lights were burning in the Boardroom as Les held an emergency board meeting to discuss what next but sorry the stadium was locked up tighter than a ducks bum.
Alfie Olek

Postby ManfromWaikato » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:35 am

I watched the inverness game at NDP, first game in almost 4 years - been away in Aus and NZ. The thing that stood out for me is the basic errors which were again apparent at both Motherwell and Annan, particularly in defence.

This is not about the quality of personnel (which I think are good enough to finish 10th), choice of personnel or formation, but suggests that the players aren't focussed on the game and their individual jobs. Playing players out of position also doesn't help. Motivation and focus are primary responsibilities for the manager, and therefore he is culpable and would be replaced by most other professional outfits. Especially after losing to a part time team, from 3 leagues below.
ManfromWaikato
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:02 pm

Board Meeting as we speak

Les and ronnie are looking for a story to take the news away from their Pal Martin.

Talks so far of new signings to get the fans and press in a frenzie.

1. The return of Jasion scotlands
2. The return of Nigel Hasselbank
3. The return of Joal Thomas

or wait for it

4. The return of the MAC.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:15 pm

H9crx wrote:Board Meeting as we speak

:o Must be a long Board Meeting. Alfie Olek posted a meeting going on at 4pm Sunday and you tell us at 2pm Monday that it is still going on????

Who is the FUD?

Answers (in bad grammer) to the usual suspect. :lol: :mrgreen:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:41 pm

Alfie Olek posted a meeting going on at 4pm Sunday

Oh no i didn’t Read my post :o
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:43 pm

That would be me then!

Cmon the MAC heard it here first!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:50 pm

I wonder the words of wisdom Martin Annan shared with the players at training today , erm lads it will turn just keep doing what you are doing .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:53 pm

The silence is defeaning.A lot of folk talking of chucking it on other forums.I reckon Saturday will be our worst ever away support at Perth......if they can't be bothered,why should the fans?

Of course,this could all change.Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we sell McGovern to pay off Canning and or Boozy.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:03 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:The silence is defeaning.A lot of folk talking of chucking it on other forums.I reckon Saturday will be our worst ever away support at Perth......if they can't be bothered,why should the fans?

Of course,this could all change.Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we sell McGovern to pay off Canning and or Boozy.

I would accept that , Accies in the whole have always been able to pick up good goalies and by all accounts Alan Martin is highly regarded , like most i am at my lowest after Saturday and now just want to see us give ourselves a chance of staying up by a change of manager , Martin Annan's position is now untenable as far as i am concerned .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies73 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:08 pm

Is that his new name Martin Annan?
Preferred Clueless Canning.
Says it all really when fans were singing a song about Canning not being able to win at home or win away before a ball was kicked on Saturday.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies73 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:08 pm

Is that his new name Martin Annan?
Preferred Clueless Canning.
Says it all really when fans were singing a song about Canning not being able to win at home or win away before a ball was kicked on Saturday.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:40 pm

Thank God we weren't playing East Fife
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:02 am

Been off this board for many months, still sadly been attending games.

This was one of the worst displays i've ever seen from a Hamilton side. DIRE.
Mcgovern has made some match saving stops in his time for us, however his positioning and judgement seems shambolic at times, ESPECIALLY when it comes to crosses IE motherwell. I did say to my mate, I don't understand why we don't let Alan Martin have a cup run *little did i know what was to come*
Jesus was a shambles, unable to see the left side of the park for most of the game. Crawford, Gillespie, Morris - All continue to decline rapidly in form. With Devlin just back, some of his sloppyness is to be expected.
Ziggy Gordon was my man of the match in a supremely dire team, playing our right back down the left was a risky move but he did excellent, none of the goals came from his mistakes.

I know we have a tiny budget, I know we don't have a deep squad, I do know that minus a COUPLE of players, Alex Neil had this same group of players playing significantly better football.
As someone said, players influence the game but managers influence the players. Last away game I'll be attending till Canning is replaced, or produces a miracle turn around.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:35 pm

A sound objective post, and yet another who has given up on away fixtures like most of us.
porcupine
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives