Well v Accies

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Well v Accies

Postby accies1874 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:15 am

Red and white hoops wrote:A draw that in the end feels like a win. Stops the rut of 4 straight defeats but still doesn't disguise the fact we've now went eleven games without a win. Thought we were lucky though. Motherwell in my opinion totally dominated the second half, we barely got near their box. I thought daz had his best game in a while topped off with a great individual goal and cleared one off the line just 5 mins before half time. Was impressed again with Greg docherty and eamonn brophy done well with little service and deserves to start next well agains annan.

Whilst I agree with almost everything you've said, we beat Dundee United away back at the end of November so it's 5 games without a win. 1 in 12, though, so it's not much better.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:31 am

Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:39 am

accies1874 wrote:
Red and white hoops wrote:A draw that in the end feels like a win. Stops the rut of 4 straight defeats but still doesn't disguise the fact we've now went eleven games without a win. Thought we were lucky though. Motherwell in my opinion totally dominated the second half, we barely got near their box. I thought daz had his best game in a while topped off with a great individual goal and cleared one off the line just 5 mins before half time. Was impressed again with Greg docherty and eamonn brophy done well with little service and deserves to start next well agains annan.

Whilst I agree with almost everything you've said, we beat Dundee United away back at the end of November so it's 5 games without a win. 1 in 12, though, so it's not much better.

I stand corrected. I knew that as well, just worded things wrong. Apologies
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:00 am

Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:Well, that was a real roller coaster.

Can someone explain to me the system we attempted to play today?? Who was in front of Gillespie?? It seemed very skewed.....was Crawford meant to be out there?? Morris?? I didn't think we had anyone
:D

We played 4 at the back with Daz in the holding role. We also had 2 up front which left only 3 midfielders to cover across the width of the park and so we had no conventional left or right midfielder lots of fans are obsessed with 2 up and seem convinced that it is more attacking, the truth is you leave you self short in the middle when you don't have possession. In both set up you have 4 defenders and a holding midfielder so you still have the same number available to attack when you have the ball. ,
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:02 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:

Can someone explain to me the system we attempted to play today?? Who was in front of Gillespie?? It seemed very skewed.....was Crawford meant to be out there?? Morris?? I didn't think we had anyone
:D

We played 4 at the back with Daz in the holding role. We also had 2 up front which left only 3 midfielders to cover across the width of the park and so we had no conventional left or right midfielder lots of fans are obsessed with 2 up and seem convinced that it is more attacking, the truth is you leave you self short in the middle when you don't have possession. In both set up you have 4 defenders and a holding midfielder so you still have the same number available to attack when you have the ball. ,

I have to be honest, I saw Imrie playing LM but nobody RM......it just seemed bizarre to me, lop-sided.....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:07 am

Poor start, great 25 minutes then didn't defend at all for goals 2 and 3.

Can someone explain to me the system we attempted to play today?? Who was in front of Gillespie?? It seemed very skewed.....was Crawford meant to be out there?? Morris?? I didn't think we had anyone playing RM......

Brophy worked hard, Kurakins continually got nailed down his side as did Gillespie, the latter I have sympathy with and Gordon isn't a CB......his poorly timed headers cost us possession in vital areas and we got punished.

Plus points were MacKinnon who seems to have knuckled down and has been fairly good over last few matches. Docherty, I thought he worked tirelessly in the middle of the park. I'm liking the look of D'Acol, but he needs more game time to get up to speed.

All in all an enjoyable match, eventually :D

4 2 2 2 yes that well known formation.

Red and white our goals have come only when we have had two up top. Yet again poor defending have left us leaking goals not the formation. Do you sit with your eyes shut. Second goal Kurakins out of postion Third goal came from GG missing a header and then a cock up by keeper and defenders.

We need a new left back ASAP.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:53 pm

Extended highlights on BBC Alba tonight at 10. Live the drama all over again :shock:
Alfie Olek

Postby Hooper » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:13 pm

Alex d'acol played today for 20s against Celtic few nice touches but still a bit to go also devlin played 90 mins so can't be far away from come back
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives