Accies .V. ICT - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. ICT - MATCH THREAD

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:50 pm

Accies73 wrote:When Canning resigns as he wont be sacked i will post some positivity although we might well be a division down by then.
Thanks.

Relegated by Christmas ??? :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby JackMichael » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:50 pm

I'm an Inverness fan and I'm debating whether to head down or not. What do you lads think?
JackMichael
Pub League

Postby cdisaaccie » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:25 pm

Unless surrounding areas or streets cause problems with flooding (Caird Street I'm looking at you) then I'd expect the game to be on.

To be dry tonight til around 2am then pishing it down until nearly kick-off when it's meant to be dry again.
cdisaaccie
Pub League

Postby Gaspode » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:50 am

Pretty wild here at the moment but game should be on as we have no park issues obviously. Only problem could be the wind but that has to abate a bit by kick off.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Gaspode » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:09 am

A lot of knicker wetting by the usual suspects but i don't think the team is actually playing that badly. In most of the recent games we have, in my opinion, been the better team but, and it's a huge but, we don't have a striker worthy of that title. Morris huffs and puffs but really does very little. Magennis on saturday showed the way you want your main striker to play, he bullied our defence all game, albeit without scoring but he was a constant menace. This is a problem i'm sure the club have identified but solving it is easier said than done, even splashing out £100,000 wouldn't guarantee you'd get a prolific striker. Personally i'd give Brophy a run of games because having seen him in the U20's he is a penalty box predator who's not afraid to shoot unlike some. No need to panic yet but obviously if this run continues then i'd be looking to the board to assess the situation, and i'll throw in a rumour i heard concerning Frankie McAvoy, apparently not entirely happy at Norwich. A possible replacement for Canning should the board act?
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:36 am

Accies just tweeted that the pitch, approaches and everything else is fine and the weather is improving - so no issues - GAME ON.

Great that Lucas is in the squad.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:59 pm

Brophy in for Morris, good to see. That shoots down the Morris rumour :roll:
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:50 pm

Dreadful so far. ICT not breaking sweat.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby really? » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Is it as bad as Saturday?
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:11 pm

Ok we got three goals in 15 after 75 min of not having a chance. This was due to the change in formation well done Martin for that.

Not well done for the shit defence that you put out every week! Another 4 goals today.

Do the correct thing and step back down to being a player!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:13 pm

Horrific until Longridge went off. Morris looked good when he came on but we simply can't defend. Don't think you can play well for 25 minutes and say it's a good performance.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:27 pm

A season defining game perhaps? Had we drawn at 2 - 2 or even 3 - 3 then the players might have taken confidence and gone on to take something from Motherwell and the rest of the season. The killer 4 th goal will have knocked the stuffing out of the players. We started brightly but created not a single chance. They score and we disappear for the rest of the first half. Second half crawfords' strike and then the introduction of Morris seemed to breathe life back into the players and it was inverness who disappeared. But doesn’t matter if we suddenly find the back of the net giving away needless free kicks on the edge of the box from which they score, McKinnon for one and Imrie for the other, is tantamount to suicide. I assume Motherwell were watching so they will know that defensively we are there for the taking. The crowd was apparently 1500 of which i counted 152 inverness fans so i suppose 1350 accies fans given the day and the hour is reasonable. Ah well no Christmas miracle then :(
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:29 pm

A bit like Dundee United I think we got goals despite the changes rather then because of them - we never looked like scoring until we did (I appreciate the contradiction).

For about 80 mins of that game we were absolutely shocking and even in the 10 acceptable minutes ICT hurt us whenever they wanted to. We needed decent games from Gills and Ali but we didn't get them and McGovern decided to join the step down in form.

Kurakins returns to total imposter status and Longridge is just a victory of hope over any substance. Those cryin whenever Imrie gets subbed can perhaps appreciate he cant play 90 minutues 2/3 times a week - evidenced by him bottling it and turning back and then giving easy possession leading to the free kick for the third.

Brophy was a bright spot, Morris looked brighter when he came on but apart from that not much to take from that; particularly on the back of 3 other defeats to teams we should be challenging.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:31 pm

We only showed any fight after they tried to cheat their way...McGovern looked badly at fault for the first goal.

Thing is despite our current limitations,we are still better than Partick and Kilmarnock.A striker,some tactical nous and a midfield player in the Alex Neil mould would see us easily climb the League.

Hope the rumours about the reason Kurtaj not playing are not true.Wouldn't be the first player they have shafted...if true.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:36 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:We only showed any fight after they tried to cheat their way...McGovern looked badly at fault for the first goal.

Thing is despite our current limitations,we are still better than Partick and Kilmarnock.A striker,some tactical nous and a midfield player in the Alex Neil mould would see us easily climb the League.

Hope the rumours about the reason Kurtaj not playing are not true.Wouldn't be the first player they have shafted...if true.

Totally agree with this, I would add in two defenders to the list.

Do you think Canning has the Tactical nous?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:38 pm

Hope the rumours about the reason Kurtaj not playing are not true.

Hint please. Is there a contractual dispute like money not being paid or has he had enough?
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:39 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:

Hint please. Is there a contractual dispute like money not being paid or has he had enough?

Hamstring injury according to the beeb
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:42 pm

Those cryin whenever Imrie gets subbed can perhaps appreciate he cant play 90 minutues 2/3 times a week

My man of the match despite conceding that free kick. He is th one player who is consistently in there fighting for every ball and gives his all. A future accies manager in the making ;)
Alfie Olek

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:21 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:

The first part....however,we have heard these stories before.Sometimes true,sometimes not true.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Old accie » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:14 pm

Just let him step away totally why carry another dud
Old accie
Pub League

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives