Accies .V. ICT - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. ICT - MATCH THREAD

Postby Red and white hoops » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:06 pm

Not anywhere near good enough. If we had gone in at half time 4 or 5 down I don't think it would have been unfair.

How Longridge still gets a game baffles me. To me, he'd struggle to get a game in a junior team. I don't see what he's done in over two years to justify a squad number never mind a start.

Big changes are needed in my opinion before it's too late. If we are going to make a change do it now and let the new manager assess the squad and give him a few weeks to recruit players he believes will keep us up. If not we are going down.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:16 pm

Cantzo at Fir Park tonight looking to see how he can use Longridge to exploit the Well defence .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby burnsy5shoes » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:28 pm

Went along to the game with my mate (rangers fan). After the first half hour he turns to me and ask why we keep playing the same high ball forward when it clearly isn't working and why we don't have somebody in the middle of the park running the game and calling the shots. When I told him that's been our problem all season, he just looked at me!!! Says it all really. He also spotted that John Hughes was out in the technical area in the pissing rain barking orders while canning was nowhere to be seen.

My own view of the game was that the score line flattered us and we deserved nothing. Same old high ball to a small striker who couldn't hold it up and make things happen. Too many passengers in the team doing nothing. Midfield was anonymous and shocking that the CB pairing were made to make things happen, they are defenders and looked very uncomfortable when on the ball. Is it too much to ask for two up front when at home? I love imrie but he should hang his head in shame, he sold the third goal with his negative play infield instead of turning up the line. Gillespie, longridge and Kurakins shocking today!!!! Crawford marked out the game after teams have realised he is the accies 'creative force'.

Canning should be looking for an older, experienced centre mid and a striker in Jan. Someone to give the players a boot up the bum and control the midfield and someone to put the ball in the net.
burnsy5shoes
Pub League

Postby Accies73 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:31 pm

At the end of the day its another defeat doesnt matter if its 0-1 or 5-6 beat again 1 win in 13 fuck off canning
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:28 am

An atrocious display for an hour nobody interested in the game till canning took off Longridge and put Morris on, canning says we have a big squad, then why we playing a boy that's just back from on loan at Dumbarton then martin, Gillespie has been by far the best player for us this season and now he's dreadful, 7 games at home without a win is shocking, canning must go if we have any chance of not being relegated.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives