Accies v Killie

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies v Killie

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:49 pm

Huge game for all sorts of reasons. A draw would be ok, a loss would be a major blow.

I am sure we can expect Jesus back, but we really we need Gills and Ali to hit form more than anything - with Kurtaj and Imrie not far behind hopefully. We could also do with Kurakins looking as if he is a footballer who gives a monkeys and Morris is not far behind; he looks more and more like a spoiled young English pro with more cash than product on the park.

Morris probably has 3 games to justify his time at Accies and to realise if he is not a success with us then that hardly bodes well for his future career. He looks nowhere near interested or able to compete for 90 mins - you can excuse a young guy not knowing all the skills and tricks but he should be looking to take advantage of older and tiring centre backs in the second half.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Re: Accies v Killie

Postby Whiskeytown » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:14 pm

You are very fond of saying players don't look interested. I only see home games and close by away games but I have never thought this about any player this season. Some have off days but they try. Morris had a cracking first half recently against County and then the whole team fell away second half so not much he could do, he can't really create things himself, he's not that sort of forward. He also put himself about well against Aberdeen. Not impressed by Kurakins but not really impressed at the jibes at him either.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:42 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:You are very fond of saying players don't look interested. I only see home games and close by away games but I have never thought this about any player this season. Some have off days but they try. Morris had a cracking first half recently against County and then the whole team fell away second half so not much he could do, he can't really create things himself, he's not that sort of forward. He also put himself about well against Aberdeen. Not impressed by Kurakins but not really impressed at the jibes at him either.

I agree Morris had a better first half against County - I think cracking is taking it a bit far, but its all opinions at the end of the day. Come the second half his head drops and I refuse to believe that he is not physically fit enough to give more than he does as the game goes on - the time when the games becomes stretched should be more of a chance for him; not be a que to become more visibly frustrated.

Similar for Kurakins if he was more committed he wouldn't get himself exposed as much as he does, and its clearly visible that folk tend not to pass to him as they know he will just give it back to them or pass it back to anyone else. He needs to be more robust or committed or whatever adjective is best applicable. For me his first priority to keeping out of danger and playing within himself and he ends up in in a no mans land that teams exploit.

So perhaps I over stated the point but both have had a large number of games to start to build an idea of their game.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:58 am

I like Sendles-White but he won't start after last week. I hope D'Acol is back not because he's an amazing footballer but he very well COULD be. We haven't seen enough to know for sure yet. The whole team needs to pick up and the trifecta of Crawford, Imrie and Kurtaj are key to our goals and Gills needs to anchor the midfield. I think Ziggy's been cut some slack too. He hasn't been as bad as Kurakins but he hasn't been back to his best since his injury.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:18 pm

If we don't win this one then the caley game becomes HUGE need a win before goin into the Motherwell game or 7 games at home without a win does not bode well.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:03 pm

Killie haven’t won in the last 7 drawing 2 of them including an impressive 0 - 0 at Parkhead. Like us they got humped 4 - 0 last week. All is not yet lost assuming we play like we did against Aberdeen. But no strike threat = draw a good result! I know Sendles White played in the under 20’s on Monday but I fancy him to get a start and play out his socks. Play 1/2/3 up front still can’t see the goals coming its either Imrie or Crawford. I understand all pensioners are being banned from the ground for this one so they don’t give Ali stick :roll:
Alfie Olek

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:34 pm

I would hope that Accies could possibly pick up 3 pts against a Killie side bereft of confidence as well.

We need to think about changing things up as all hasn't run fluently for a while.

Agree with some previous posters, lets shore things up a little, stop leaking goals and try and win a couple of games ugly.

When all is said and done, we are still only 2 pts behind 5th....that's the glass half full approach, but only 5 pts ahead of 11th.......that'll be half empty.

Fingers crossed 1-0 Accies......
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:08 pm

I think we would all kill Santa for any sort of win today....sorry Santa.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:10 pm

Kurtaj out and Longridge preferred to Docherty mmmmmmmmm. Morris and Kurakins get another chance to perform.

Fingers crossed.

PS Santa is an Accie
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Working for Cunard » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:05 pm

Jesus is already an Accie......
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:21 pm

I don't care what anyone says; we're in big trouble. A lot of players starting in that team that contribute absolutely nothing and can be a liability. It doesn't help when Canning brings off our best player too.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:29 pm

Don't think anyone has seen this season as anything other than fighting relegation - even after the great start.

A really bad one today although we didn't deserve to loose over the 90 mins. Hopefully Lucas is ok - he will be a miss as SW looked as the nerves from last week are still hanging over him.

As unlucky as we were, its clear the last third is our major weakness - we have decent possession against most teams but can't hurt anybody on a regular basis. Morris played better today and tried much harder but his goal return is not there and he doesn't really find himself with scoring chances either; Kurakins was also much better today.

D'Acol still injured and we are probably all thinking if its one of those 'injuries???' that sees him go shortly; or if its a genuine one then hopefully he can get fit soon. It was reported he cost us a few bob in wages and the board needs to decide how much more they can support the manager in terms of wages to get a striker in come January. They pushed the boat out for Scotland for example and have previously done similar things - notwithstanding that they also have a record of keeping the purse strings tight.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:19 pm

Re. the first line above ... Ok nobody expected us to be qualifying for Europe , but I , and others would expect a better showing than today .
Kilmarnock are as poor team as we have played all season and today wasn't good enough .....with ICT , then MFC next it's looking less and less likely that we will get any points over the festive period :cry:

Merry fecking Christmas indeed .........
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:36 pm

Can anyone tell me if Dacol is injured . I haven't seen anything on Twitter or the official website and the club isn't usually backward about listing the injured. mind u we have know way of knowing if he would be the answer until he gets a run of games. The only threat came from imrie and Ballatoni did his job and cleared the shot. So we had more of the first half but nothing to show for it and could play like that all day and we won't score. Longridge isn't good enough. Morris isn't a striker and Crawford has faded. Cannot see us getting anything from Inverness. If this squad is good enough then Canning isn't capable of getting the best from them. If he is then then overall our signings hav not been anywhere good enough and I don't blame Canning for that. Happy Christmas ☃
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:42 pm

DAcol has been listed on the club twitter feed as injured a couple of times most recently this afternoon.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:44 pm

Was stated last week that he was injured, won't surprise me if he is off!

the team today was one that was clear on paper or screen that they could not score in a barrel of Fannie's!

Canning was in the paper this week saying that their was not much wrong against Dundee! Clueless about safe as houses.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby yuggyboy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Longridge! Says it all!!!!
yuggyboy
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:51 pm

DAcol has been listed on the club twitter feed as injured a couple of times most recently this afternoon."

Thank you I hadn't picked that up. Do we know what the injury is?
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:52 pm

H9crx wrote:barrel of Fannie's!.

Almost cheered me up :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:17 pm

Our half-wit manager outsmarted by Killies Dim-wit manager , happy days .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to Match Day Archives