Accies v Killie

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies v Killie

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:32 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:
DAcol has been listed on the club twitter feed as injured a couple of times most recently this afternoon."

Thank you I hadn't picked that up. Do we know what the injury is?

No detail of the injury; that's why I posted speculating if its a 'genuine' one or one that will see him leave quickly after arriving as some have done in the past ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:02 pm

The sad thing about Longridge today is that he actually played quite well but that big chance, when any player with any kind of predatory instinct would have hit it first time and then, if he still found the ball at his feet, any player with general awareness would have set up one of the two team mates unmarked and in space nearer the goal. But he did the usual. Actually put a wee bet on Killie when I saw that he was playing!

The game overall was very entertaining especially the first half. We just had no luck. Two cleared off the line, one great save and poor decision making, Mackinnon's was another. Our corners are the same every time except when Danny Redmond took one, the best one of the game and we almost scored. Good to see him back.

Incredible that this benign run of five games could yield absolutely nothing when most of us thought 8 or 9 points not unrealistic. We are going to finish bottom two unless we can unearth a gem or two in the window. That Norwich boy was apparently in the crowd again.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:11 pm

I can't understand this perpetual desire to play Imrie on the right and Longridge/Kurtaj on the left......how many times did Lonridge get himself into great positions in the first half only to make a mess of things as he wanted to cut back onto his right foot.....not to mention when he should've just rolled it back to Morris, instead he shot....decision making out his arse!

How many times do we get ourselves into fantastic positions and then pick a disastrous option!!

Make no mistake, Kilmarnock are rubbish.....Macgennis is a handful, but their defence handled us comfortably.

I'm now pretty worried that 3 games into a, supposed points-laden run, we have none!
Inverness will out muscle us on Wednesday, Motherwell will comfortably beat us next week......by God, I hope I'm wrong, but we could be 11th next Saturday night.......but, due to the tight nature of the league, we could also be 6th next Saturday night.

I don't see us beating anyone just now, Crawford needs to start shooting again, Kurtaj need to come back and the senior players need to step up to the plate.
For all his faults, Darian gets around everyone, attempting to spur folk on....

I think we have enough quality to stay up but some players need to start showing it again.

Kurakins and Morris were fine today.....Morris' decision making lets him down dramatically.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:39 pm

Whiskeytown......you and I seem to be on the same page.......

We agreed on several key points today....and beyond..... :D
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:26 am

yuggyboy wrote:Longridge! Says it all!!!!

I realise that Longridge has assumed the Ali Crawford mantle but I thought that he had a very good first half and aside from a poor piece of decision making when he choose to shoot rather than square he gave us energy and pace and we looked even less of a goal threat when he was subbed. Actually, strangely in defeat today was the day that a few of our recent strugglers in Kurakins, Longridge and McKinnon raised their games and put in decent performances. The problem we have is that the players who excelled at the beginning of the season have let their games drop in particular Gillespie who was very poor today and never got any type of control of the game in the way that he had been 10 or 12 games ago and Crawford who drifted in and out of the game when he is the player we need on the ball and pulling the strings.

The other huge issue is our centre forward! Magennis is an honest but limited striker, however what a contrast between him and Morris today - Magennis worked hard, won numerous flick on's, gave our centre halves a real physical challenge (worryingly if Lucas in injured he gave Sendles White a torrid time) but still found time to get into the box and make decent runs to get in front of our defenders - Morris did none of these things in a real tepid performance where the ball never stuck to him meaning we really struggled to build any sustained pressure and possession in Killie's half.

A real bad result on the back of a real bad run of results and certainly not Canning's best day with poor subs and for someone who has missed a few games recently a real sense of puzzlement after watching the respective performances of Jesus and Sendles White today on our managers judgement to prefer the latter for the last few games. In saying that on today's evidence I can't agree with the idea that Canning was outsmarted by Locke in a game that was always on a knife edge and was decided by yet another freaky goal and if Accies Twitter is to be believed the failure of the linesman to spot that Imrie's shot was over the line before it was cleared. Calls for his head and some of the nonsense on here and P&B seem somewhat premature when ultimately Canning is currently meeting the targets set for him at the start of the season but of course 3 defeats over the next 2 weeks and that all changes.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:37 am

Yummy Fur Quite seriously what targets was he set. I've never seen this detailed anywhere
Alfie Olek

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:52 am

Alfie Olek wrote:Yummy Fur Quite seriously what targets was he set. I've never seen this detailed anywhere

Canning seems to have been reasonably consistent in interviews that I've heard that this season's target was to avoid relegation - admittedly we're in a real slump (most teams in the division seem to have experienced one) but for the vast majority of the season we've been placed top 6.

Based on the squad at his disposal what is the general consensus about where he should have us in the division?
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:58 am

I can understand that as a target last season but if there is any ambition even modest it would be to see us finishing in7/8th If the squad assembled can't achieve that then they are nowhere near good enough and at the moment it look as though they are not if it isn't Canning's fault
Alfie Olek

Postby Todd_is_God » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:48 am

The worry here is that the board realise relegation is a real possibility, and offload Ziggy, Ali and McGovern in January in order to cash in, leaving the task of staying up even harder. If that is the path they decide to go down then they wont replace MC- where is the incentive to spend on a new manager and players if they felt the need to cash in? It won't happen.

We've been unlucky in a way that the teams at the very bottom a few weeks ago, Motherwell and Partick, have gone on a wee run at the same time we have dropped like a stone. But at the same time, we are losing to the teams around us which doesn't bode well. Motherwell went to Celtic and won, we drop three points at home to Kilmarnock.

Canning has now had 38 games under his belt (a full season). Bearing in mind he inherited a team sitting 3rd in the Premiership, had he taken over at the start of a season, the 36 points he has collected in 38 games would have seen us finish 11th last year.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:09 am

Another game Canning says we should have won , deary me how much longer do we have to put up with this half-wit , we were not good enough to break down a team who have been conceding as much as us .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 am

Only plus point for me today was the return of Danny Redmond. He must be in the team on Wednesday even if he only lasts 60min owing to his long lay off.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Alexander the Great » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:16 pm

We badly need a proven goal scorer and going by what Canning said about the new German lad wanting to commit players he sounds more of a winger, if we won along with Aberdeen and Celtic on Wednesday we would go 6th in the league its so tight, we have went from 5th to 9th in the space of 3 defeats, really need to get the rub of the green and hope big Devlin is not far from returning.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:58 pm

Redmond looked sharp but, if Kurtaj is back, who do we drop for him? Crawford hasn't performed well in a long time, in my opinion, but there's no chance he'll be dropped. Kurtaj blows hot and cold but he was our best player County and always seems capable even if he's playing poorly. Imrie's been our best forward player so I wouldn't drop him.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:52 pm

The worry here is that the board realise relegation is a real possibility, and offload Ziggy, Ali and McGovern in January

I don’t think our position in Janaury is relevant. If good bids come in for Crawford/Gordon, the club will take them. The players deserve their chance to move onto bigger things. As for Mcgovern I think the club will accept they have no chance of keeping him at the end of the season and hold onto him for the rest of this.
Alfie Olek

Postby Accies73 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:10 pm

Not good enough. 1 win in what 12 or something. Pathetic.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Accies73 wrote:Not good enough. 1 win in what 12 or something. Pathetic.

But Captain Calamity says we played well in defeat to Ross County he says performance was fine at Dens Park oh we should have beat Kilmarnock according to the chosen one , is vodka in that water bottle he is always carrying about ?
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives