Old match day threads will be moved here

Dundee .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:40 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dundee .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Beastie » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:43 pm

Does anyone know the ticket arrangements? I can't see anything on the Club website, or is it just pay at the gate?
Beastie
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:25 pm

Always been pay at the gate for the last few seasons so I am assuming arrangement is the same. Anyway I really want a result here if for no other reason to keep above Dundee and continue their miserable run. Hartley’s star is fading and fast. I predict Morris to keep his place (he did have a reasonable game last week), longride ;) not to come on at all, perhaps Redmond may feature and Docherty from the start. We don’t need draws we need 3 points. Looking forward to my superior view from the corner behind the post!
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:42 pm

Our early season form is sustaining us in the top half of the table but it wont much longer unless we can improve - only 1 win over October, November and December to date; and that was the jammy win at Tannadice. There is a group of clubs not separated by much and a poor December will drag us right back down.

I agree Morris did well last week, but no recent goals is not great. Perhaps D'Acol is injured and means we don't have an alternative; but I am tiring of Morris's continual lack of fitness and enthusiasm the longer the game goes on in the second half. Nade is not really a player we can start with as he can't even give 100% for 15 mins. Kurakins is a weak link and seems to watch the game passing him by every week.

A wee upturn in form by Gills, Ali, Dougie and Gramoz will see us do well - and if Daz keeps on working on stopping teams and not fouling he will be valuable; but we must take our chances in the final third. A win v Dundee would be just the thing to perk us all up

1 win in our last 11 visits to Dundee !
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:30 pm

Oh dear. The early season form seems miles away
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:37 pm

Never mind, Longridge will be on soon.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:01 pm

We were in the game till Dundee scored :lol: will be Cannings response . Saturday , second half just starting and its of no interest as game is over , poor stuff .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:31 pm

Absolutely unacceptable. That's as low as I've felt after or even during a game. We need to start picking up points especially against teams around us. Are there any positives from today? I can't find any.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:36 pm

Seven goals conceded and zero points from our last two games. Both against teams we should be looking to take points from.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:37 pm

The worry is when we play 'well' we struggle to score and often draw or get a narrow defeat. When form slumps we look like losing plenty of goals (like v Dundee Utd) or we do lose lots of goals like v St J, Dundee and RC last week.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Awful performance but Crawford's meltdown is worse.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby WILF » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Struggling to remember a worse performance - ever.
Depressing.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Dr Slippy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:48 pm

As dire a first half performance as I can remember. It could have been a lot worse had it not been for McGovern. 6 or 7 by HT.

That said, some of our "fans"are complete morons. Wee boys that can't hold their drink & just want to abuse everyone. Next time do us all a favour & stay in the pub. You know who you are
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:35 pm

Well I stuck it out for 80 minutes so missed whatever Crawford did or did not do but given the abuse Crawford has received over the years from a section of our fans I'll cut him some slack. whatever the worst first half I've seen in a long time. Was it Martins tactics or the players not up for it? Ronnie/les need to admit our signing policy hasn't worked and adding more unproven strikers in January won't cut it. Pretty sure though that whatever happens Martin will still be in charge next season unless he walks and that ain't going to happen
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:26 am

Mand UTD , Chelsie, Norwich , Dundee , Kilmarnock, St Mirron, Albion rover all managers under pressure to perform but not at Hamilton Accies. Don't bother changing the team as it doesn't matter if we get pumped as you won't lose your job!

I think this is a flaw and if Martin was under some pressure we would not see shit like Imrie being subbed when he is the only striker who scores and LL being a lone striker.

It's been a year the board can sack him now and save face.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:42 am

Dr Slippy wrote:As dire a first half performance as I can remember. It could have been a lot worse had it not been for McGovern. 6 or 7 by HT.

That said, some of our "fans"are complete morons. Wee boys that can't hold their drink & just want to abuse everyone. Next time do us all a favour & stay in the pub. You know who you are

Simply not true. The majority of these "complete morons" go up and down the country not missing a game. Why do this if all they do any to do is abuse players? I for one think that, after that performance, the deserved every single bit of abuse they got and I applaud them off pretty much every game whether it be a win, draw or defeat. I understand sometimes the language used isn't great when there's kids around but football brings out passion in folk and I'm sure they wouldn't use it if there was a performance that showed interest or desire.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:45 am

H9crx wrote:Mand UTD , Chelsie, Norwich , Dundee , Kilmarnock, St Mirron, Albion rover all managers under pressure to perform but not at Hamilton Accies. Don't bother changing the team as it doesn't matter if we get pumped as you won't lose your job!

I think this is a flaw and if Martin was under some pressure we would not see shit like Imrie being subbed when he is the only striker who scores and LL being a lone striker.

It's been a year the board can sack him now and save face.

So what you are saying is if Les put Martin under pressure, Martin would do better. So Martin is not really trying and not that bothered. Total nonsense.

Kilmarnock are below us and Dundee a point better off, and if you think Norwich would ditch Alex if they dropped into the danger zone half through the season then you are really letting your bitterness overcome any sense you may have.

PS Its not been a year yet ;)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:13 pm

I see a tweet from Senles White apologising for his performance. Well done big man I hope ur back on Saturday
Alfie Olek

Postby Gaspode » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:21 pm

accies1874 wrote:Awful performance but Crawford's meltdown is worse.

Was there an incident involving Ali and some fans?
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Dr Slippy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:44 pm

accies1874 wrote:
Dr Slippy wrote:As dire a first half performance as I can remember. It could have been a lot worse had it not been for McGovern. 6 or 7 by HT.

Simply not true. The majority of these "complete morons" go up and down the country not missing a game. Why do this if all they do any to do is abuse players? I for one think that, after that performance, the deserved every single bit of abuse they got and I applaud them off pretty much every game whether it be a win, draw or defeat. I understand sometimes the language used isn't great when there's kids around but football brings out passion in folk and I'm sure they wouldn't use it if there was a performance that showed interest or desire.

Being out your face & being a knob, in the stadium that we just happening to playing in every week,does not make you a supporter.
People being drunk & using bad language does not particularly bother me, until they start annoying everyone round about them. At NDP I have a choice & don't have to sit near them. Sadly at away games I don't have that choice.

Abusing our own players and own fans, stewards etc does not come constitute "passion" , it just comes under being a d!ck in my book. Fans have the right to turn up or not turn up. Paying the players wages does not give you the right to abuse them. The public pay my wages, but I would not accept that abuse in my work.Some "fans" we're giving it out yesterday & then got all precious when Wee Ally reacted. I for one don't blame his reaction on this occasion. Yes he had a poor game, but I'm sure he knew it himself?
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to Match Day Archives