Aberdeen Wednesday night cup game

Old match day threads will be moved here

Aberdeen Wednesday night cup game

Postby H9crx » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:49 pm

A good performance needed in this game.

I would like to give a start to a few players.

1- Canning for Devlin

2- Jason for Mac

3- the Dazzler for Hendrie ( GG slotting into left back)

4- Possibly a run out for the gaffer.

Just to give fringe players a run out in a competitive game.
H9crx
Premiership

Re: Aberdeen Wednesday night cup game

Postby Todd_is_God » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:04 am

This isn't the game to be "giving players a run out" it's an opportunity to reach a major semi final, for the first time in 40 or so years, against a team we dispatched comfortably 9 days ago.

That said, your changes are positive, apart from playing Neil - he should continue to stay among the subs, allowing his players to do the work on the pitch for him.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:56 am

Todd_is_God wrote:This isn't the game to be "giving players a run out" it's an opportunity to reach a major semi final, for the first time in 40 or so years, against a team we dispatched comfortably 9 days ago.

That said, your changes are positive, apart from playing Neil - he should continue to stay among the subs, allowing his players to do the work on the pitch for him.

I agree, although I had a wee chuckle at the names being described as "fringe players" - the club captain, the player/manager, our most experienced player, etc.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:23 pm

It's says a lot for our good run as they have been finge players in the last few weeks.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:41 pm

H9crx wrote:It's says a lot for our good run as they have been finge players in the last few weeks.

It does indeed.

I've heard lots of people say we've had a great start but we'll struggle later through lack of squad depth. The thing is, we don't seem to need the squad depth we have. My biggest fear was losing two centre backs at once, as I didn't think we had enough cover, but that happened and we just kept winning. Our squad seems ample enough to cover injuries and suspensions.

My guess is Canning and MacKinnon at least will get their starting places back following the Dens result.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:56 am

like the motherwell game there will be changes ye cant expect to have the same team playin midweek with a game on Saturday, neil, canning, makinnon, longridge and brophy could all come in for this one. fresh legs will benefit us.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Accies999 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:10 pm

Any kind of win would be good Accies...another step forward. A blip on Saturday but confidence will be high and players shouldn't need motivated. Would like to see Darian returning in midfield to provide a bit of bite.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby southoftheborder » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:40 pm

would like to see Canning and MacKinnon start
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:34 pm

Andy Ryan is not a impact sub!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Euan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:20 pm

Disappointed to lose...maybe I'll see an Accies team play in a semi final eventually.
Good to see thistle get hammered 6-0, just before we play them on Saturday :D
Euan
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Difficult to be too critical of the team given such a great start to the season and as it was never going to be easy up there. However, Aberdeen looked very comfortable and Accies found it difficult to create any chances with 22 being very quiet, and nothing really coming from the midfield who suffered from a lack of height and physical presence.
Time to concentrate on the league
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 pm

No doubt the better team won tonight. Aberdeeen looked right up for it from the off and we never really got going. Danny was a big miss and his replacement Louis, was really poor, far too easily knocked off the ball and when he did keep it his decision making was terrible, need to toughen up son for this league! Grant got a roasting early on and Sir Alex switched him with Ziggy which only resulted in Ziggy struggling! Hard to be critical after our superb start but we really must get back to winning ways on Saturday as losing can become as much of a habit as winning is. Well done to all that travelled as it was a long journey home!!
Gaspode
Championship

Postby The Cisco Kid » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:20 pm

I saw a quote from Alex saying he was putting out his strongest 11.
Why were Tena and Redmond not starting then.?
In my opinion along with Ali and 22 they have been best so far.
On another point I like
mckinnon but his discipline has to be called into question he got booked again last night.
I would of thought missing out on playing his boyhood heroes at Parkhead
due to his stupidity at Tannadice getting sent off would of learnt him a harsh lesson.
Seems not.
The Cisco Kid
Pub League

Postby Gaspode » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:45 pm

The Cisco Kid wrote:I saw a quote from Alex saying he was putting out his strongest 11.
In my opinion along with Ali and 22 they have been best so far.
On another point I like
mckinnon but his discipline has to be called into question he got booked again last night.
I would of thought missing out on playing his boyhood heroes at Parkhead
due to his stupidity at Tannadice getting sent off would of learnt him a harsh lesson.
Seems not.

To be fair, the ref was hopeless! Flood should have been sent off when he was already on a booking for a bad tackle which the ref gave us advantage but then failed to pull him up for it after the ball eventually went out.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby ggr » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:00 pm

The Cisco Kid wrote:I saw a quote from Alex saying he was putting out his strongest 11.

I beleive Redmond was struggling with a hamsting injury, and Alex said on the radio that Jesus had been feeling unwell prior to the match.
They were both severerly missed, though

No complaints about the match, Aberdeen deserved their win.
We didnt really get started, and didnt see as much of the ball as we are used to.
ggr
Pub League

Postby really? » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:29 pm

We play much better when Jesus plays - as well as being a great defender, his distribution of the ball from defence is some of the best in this league.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Return to Match Day Archives