Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Ross County - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:03 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Ross County - MATCH THREAD

Postby Joemcc » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:32 pm

2-1 to Accies. I think we need to be looking for at least 9 points from our next four games (Ross Co, Dundee, Killie, ICT) to put us in a good position for January. 3 of these games are at home and should all be winnable for us.
Joemcc
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:30 pm

We need to play much better than at United, and we need Gillespie, Crawford and Imrie to be on form to take the game to them. I think Morris has had enough chances to show some kind of goal return, so hopefully D-Acol has done enough in training to merit a start. Also be interesting to see if Lucas and SW keep their places in the centre of defence; and to see if Kurakins can show some kind of decent effort and ability.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:11 pm

If he's fit I'd go for Jesus at left back (Charlie Mulgrew like approach)
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:32 pm

In the League, Ross County haven’t won away from home in the league since August so we should be looking to get all 3 points. We know the weakness in our defence and I agree maybe Tena should come in at left back? Can’t be worse.Crawford hopefully back to his best so I’ll go 2 - 1 for accies.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:41 pm

Bluesy wrote:If he's fit I'd go for Jesus at left back (Charlie Mulgrew like approach)

In perhaps the biggest compliment Mulgrew has ever had; it has to be said he is a lot quicker than Jesus..................... and also quicker than JGT :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:57 am

http://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/free- ... -tomorrow/

Accies PR department doing a fantastic job again. Only Accies could keep giving away 2500 tickets a secret till the day of the game. A great initiative like this should have been advertised for weeks in advance. Can't see anything on Twitter and only just seen this while looking for something else on official site. A tweet that we can all retweet would have got the word around in a few days and would have been some positive pr but seems to have been overlooked.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:53 pm

Red and white hoops wrote:http://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/free-tickets-available-tomorrow/

Accies PR department doing a fantastic job again. Only Accies could keep giving away 2500 tickets a secret till the day of the game. A great initiative like this should have been advertised for weeks in advance. Can't see anything on Twitter and only just seen this while looking for something else on official site. A tweet that we can all retweet would have got the word around in a few days and would have been some positive pr but seems to have been overlooked.

Yes, it all looks like a last minute knee-jerk reaction to 'let's do something about the attendance this Saturday because of Christmas shopping alternatives/pressure from partners etc. In principle, a good idea wasted by lack of forward planning. Or, is it just a last minute publicity stunt?

Not quite 'free' tickets either, if they have to be exchanged for a toy, or a bag of groceries :o Advertising Authority implications?? :? One way of getting rid of Brussel Sprouts, mind you :lol:

Suggest PR Department creates an electronic/hand written diary note for early December 2016 for anything like this next year. In that way, social media CAN spread the word well in advance of the event.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:56 pm

Same team

One with no goals and that has the ship a lot of goals.

Where is Alex D?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:59 pm

H9crx wrote:Same team

Where is Alex D?

You forgot to mention that it's the team that has got us to 5th.

Morris and Kurakins is a big bit of loyalty from MR though.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:46 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
H9crx wrote:Same team

Where is Alex D?

You forgot to mention that it's the team that has got us to 5th.

Morris and Kurakins is a big bit of loyalty from MR though.

Same two players who should have been dropped lost us 5th place. Loyalty is only good when some one has shown talent!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:14 pm

Sadly this type of result has been coming for a while now, the result at Tannadice masking some real problems i.e. keystone cop defending and no real forward threat.

And today add this, and the managers truly perplexing substitutions, then the result was almost inevitable.
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:35 pm

Clueless Canning was back today , Longridge up front , what was the actual thought process in that , MacKinnon was breaking up there play quite well today so why sub him , we lost all control then .

Results elsewhere put us right in mire .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:50 pm

Another terrible second half like the St.Johnstone game.Clueless and baffling his substitution of Longridge for Morris.

No fight once we went 2-1 down.Wouldn't have happened under the previous Manager.Bad start to a big month.Give D'Acol a chance and get Morris away as he isn't interested.Noticeable that Crawford didn't pass to him when he was in a good position second half.

Another result like that next few weeks will drag us back into play off contention.Must improve and soon.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:02 pm

I thought we were worth a draw overall today but just as United could have scudded us, then Ross County did that today. I didn't buy that Martin's subs changed the game at Tannadice but they certainly did today!

Morris played better today and set up the goal, but still no goals and still the same lack of interest and fitness come the second half. Kurakins continues to be an anonymous, nervous bottle merchant. I assume D'Acol was injured ? To be honest I can understand a wee bit why he didn't bring Nade on but after 5 months if he isn't fit or bothered enough for 25 mins then he should be nowhere near the first team.

Before we go signing more midfielders (even attacking ones) we better hope we have a plan for a striker, Morris isn't the answer; only the management team will know why D'Acol has had so little game time; and so they need a plan B.

Collum didn't help today - no idea how Davies stayed on the park and the foul on Ali looked clear cut as he burst into the box.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:15 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:I thought we were worth a draw overall today but just as United could have scudded us, then Ross County did that today. I didn't buy that Martin's subs changed the game at Tannadice but they certainly did today!

Morris played better today and set up the goal, but still no goals and still the same lack of interest and fitness come the second half. Kurakins continues to be an anonymous, nervous bottle merchant. I assume D'Acol was injured ? To be honest I can understand a wee bit why he didn't bring Nade on but after 5 months if he isn't fit or bothered enough for 25 mins then he should be nowhere near the first team.

Before we go signing more midfielders (even attacking ones) we better hope we have a plan for a striker, Morris isn't the answer; only the management team will know why D'Acol has had so little game time; and so they need a plan B.

Collum didn't help today - no idea how Davies stayed on the park and the foul on Ali looked clear cut as he burst into the box.

So was canning wrong to go with the same team?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:36 pm

Morris first half was the best I've seen from him. Set up the goal, had some good ground play, some of it very skilful and cleared up at the back from a corner. I'd have kept him on even though the whole team had faded. To say players aren't interested is nonsense. I didn't see him get many chances.

Our corners were the same every time, lumped to Lucas and it was read every time. Just watched Bournemouth score with a bit of invention from the training ground. Is this beyond us?

No idea what Canning was doing bringing on Longridge for Morris. What does Longridge do? Mackinnon more understandable as we were chasing the game by then.* Oops, wrong it was 1-1 at the time, perhaps another blunder by MC.*

There will be a lot more downers before the end I dare say but we are still in a good position and hopefully our manager will learn from his mistakes.
Last edited by Whiskeytown on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:52 pm

H9crx wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:I thought we were worth a draw overall today but just as United could have scudded us, then Ross County did that today. I didn't buy that Martin's subs changed the game at Tannadice but they certainly did today!

In my opinion yes; and I refer you to the various pre and post match posts which have clearly articulated this point in respect of Kurakins and Morris.

What are the reasons for your thoughts on this; who should have been dropped and why ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:57 pm

Kurakins needs hunted. Rarely have i seen a player so devoid of confidence. He can't wait to get rid of the ball if it comes near him and his defending is shocking. A left back is a must in January unless perhaps Jesus or Mikey could play there.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:01 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
H9crx wrote:

In my opinion yes; and I refer you to the various pre and post match posts which have clearly articulated this point in respect of Kurakins and Morris.

What are the reasons for your thoughts on this; who should have been dropped and why ?

A left back who can't defend and teams target as a weakness and majority of goals lost come from.

A striker who does not score! MAC got very little service but was on about 7 by now!

The team needs a new formation as a as an option, if I was a competitors manager you know our starting team, weekneses and how to stop accies playing.

Big shopping list for Jan and time to cut the dead wood like LL, DR, CN, CM and others
H9crx
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives