Accies .V. Ross County - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Ross County - MATCH THREAD

Postby porcupine » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:26 pm

Gaspode wrote:Kurakins needs hunted. Rarely have i seen a player so devoid of confidence. He can't wait to get rid of the ball if it comes near him and his defending is shocking. A left back is a must in January unless perhaps Jesus or Mikey could play there.

I started a new thread about our left back position in November and was surprised how little comment there was from other posters.
Teams have long sussed us out where our problems lie, both in defence and attack. Kurakins is on a long contract but should be put up for sale. Morris has not shown enough to be kept on loan, but we are woefully short of a good partner for Kurtaj who is really good, but is having to do far too much to get hold of the ball.

Our finishing today was poor, as we should have been two or three up, if chances had been taken better. Game of two halves today. We were easily the better in the first, but fell apart in the second from kick-off. County saw that and came on stronger and stronger. The result of an equaliser was inevitable, and there was only one team who were going to then score more goals after that. Longridge substitution baffled me too. Nade, clearly a panic throw of the dice as well.

I say again, drop Kurakins now! We would be far better off with Jesus in the defence. Sendels-White impressed me for much of the game, however, and Ziggy had his usual competent performance. Probabaly sold in January!!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:49 pm

Kurakins worries me too but I thought he was just about acceptable today. Jesus at left back would be a disaster, he just doesn't have the pace. The only change I can think of with the players we have would be Ziggy moving across with Darren Lyon going to right back but that is hardly ideal.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:21 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:Kurakins worries me too but I thought he was just about acceptable today. Jesus at left back would be a disaster, he just doesn't have the pace. The only change I can think of with the players we have would be Ziggy moving across with Darren Lyon going to right back but that is hardly ideal.

I, too, thought Kurakins was just about OK today.......

Zeus wouldn't work. McMann from the 20's?? He worth a shot??
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:36 pm

We seem incapable of playing for 90 minutes.

Good first half, smashing goal and then lacklustre second half where everyone looked off the pace, Kurtaj excepted.

Morris played very well in first half and then disappeared......County pressed us much higher up the pitch in 2nd half but our defending at times today was no good, it needs to be better as a team.......coupled with 2 wretched deflections for goals 2 and 3.

What on earth was the Longridge sub all about?? That wasn't a plan B, it wasn't even a plan....why is Beuzelin not telling Canning that's a dumbass idea??? Maybe it was Beuzelin's idea.....lol

Must not lose next week, me thinks......
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:38 pm

Devlin can play right-back. Once he's fit enough we could bring him in and switch Ziggy to left-back. It's worth a try at least until the January window, where I'm hoping Canning will be trying his best to bring another left-back in.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:03 am

Kurakins can be laughably bad but didn't seem to do anything wrong today. I don't like Morris but it'd be interesting to see how he does if he gets a couple of goals again (though he's away in January anyway). I think we really do need to change it as we've won 3 games since August and our position papers over the cracks (4 points off 11th) but I don't think the depth's there. We made 5 changes against Hearts and put in one of our worst performances of the season. It'll be interesting to see if our game does change if we bring in D'Acol as I think he's a more technical striker than Morris and will be playing for a place whereas Morris knows either way he'll be on a big wage due to his new contract at Norwich. Big game next week!
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:15 am

Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:We seem incapable of playing for 90 minutes.

Good first half, smashing goal and then lacklustre second half where everyone looked off the pace, Kurtaj excepted.

Morris played very well in first half and then disappeared......County pressed us much higher up the pitch in 2nd half but our defending at times today was no good, it needs to be better as a team.......coupled with 2 wretched deflections for goals 2 and 3.

What on earth was the Longridge sub all about?? That wasn't a plan B, it wasn't even a plan....why is Beuzelin not telling Canning that's a dumbass idea??? Maybe it was Beuzelin's idea.....lol

Must not lose next week, me thinks......

Agree 100% with this summary.

The Longridge sub was totally baffling, he has contributed nothing for months yet still gets game time. But to play him upfront alone is laughable and I'd love to know the thinking behind that one. That decision may be the one that finally turns fans against canning. I've never been convinced with him and decisions like that don't help his chances of becoming a successful manager.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:59 pm

In terms of full backs Ziggy is not on fire at the moment either, I thought he got a doin from De Vita yesterday and I am not sure switching to the left is a good thing.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:44 pm

Well it was my birthday yesterday but unfortunately celebrations were dampened by the result. We controlled the first half I thought but only one goal to show for it and having watched the BBC Alba highlights it was as good as I remembered it at the time. But second half County outplayed us and it could have been a lot worse than 3 - 1. The heart seemed to go out of the players after the second one went in. As others have said I’m not sure what was happening with the substitutions. Longridge is I think seen as an impact sub (NOT) but what yesterday showed is we don’t have options on the bench that can change games. Still 12 points up for grabs but thistle and well starting to show form so we cant rely on these teams dropping points at the sam time as us. Only positive from yesterday is that dundee were beaten and seem to be in a worse state than us. :twisted:
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:17 pm

WTF should have been in for training on Sunday! Joke

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot ... ty-7004009
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies73 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:24 pm

Is Canning still in charge?
What a strange football club.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:55 pm

Accies73 wrote:Is Canning still in charge?
What a strange football club.

Have you over medicated?
Gaspode
Championship

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives