Old match day threads will be moved here

Dundee United .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:59 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dundee United .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:14 am

I think this is a winnable match.....Dundee Utd are still not firing on all cylinders and we have played decent in spells in our last few matches.
Top 6 is still a very real possibility but, not losing matches like this remains pivotal to that hope.

I would like to see Kurakins take a seat for a week, hopefully Crawford will be back and Sendles-White gives greater balance at the back than Tena......Tena and Lucas isn't a good mix as they are two lefties!

One final wish....play Imrie at LEFT midfield and Kurtaj at RIGHT..... I realise that is radical thinking!!

Scrap out a 2-1 win........
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:29 am

Dundee uniteds defence is shocking, a great chance to get back to winning ways heres hoping we take advantage.

1-2.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:46 pm

United are where they are at the bottom because they are not a good team. Whether Mixu can work his magic remains to be seen. he has started making signings but at least one, the Japanese goalie seems to have hit registration problems, so now is the time to take points of them before they improve (If they do). I want to see Sendles White keep his place but whether he plays with Tena or Lucas I don’t know. Up front we have given Morris plenty of opportunity so maybe its time for Dacol to start? Hopefully crawford to return. Watched the under 20’s last night and Andy Ryan got 2. While at Arbroath he scored 3 in 8 appearances so he seems to be fit and rarin to go but I’m still not convinced he or Brophy can fit into our current style of the single big striker up front. Anyway looking forward to this and will be disappointed not to take something from the game.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:21 pm

No steer from the club re Ali but hopefully he is back in, as he is a bit special for us in terms of passing and creativity - although Docherty played well. Time for Morris and Kurakins to make way for potential alternatives; but United whilst not in a 'false' position have some quality and creativity that most teams at the bottom don't usually have - but we need to punish their gaps at the back.

In conclusion we need to start playing at nil nil and not waiting until we are a goal down before showing our best.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Anybody know admission price for tomorrow. Cant find anything re admission and prices on either Accies or United’s websites?
Alfie Olek

Postby Gilbaldo » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:48 pm

From the Dundee United website;

Info for away supporters:
The Hamilton support is allocated the Jerry Kerr Stand section D and admission is by paying at turnstiles 10 & 11 (11 for students).
Prices:
£21 – Adults
£12 – Concessions (U18s, 65s and over / FTS)
———————————————————————————————————————————–
Full time students must be in possession of a valid photo matric to qualify for a concession ticket for the George Fox Lower tier, entry via gate 33 (home fans) and concessionary admission to the Jerry Kerry Stand Section D entry via gate 11 (away fans).

Please be aware that proof of age may be requested for concession prices. Supporters please note that all tickets purchased by telephone and sent out by recorded delivery are subject to a handling charge of £2.25 per ticket (up to a maximum charge of £9 per total order in respect of orders for multiple tickets).
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:09 pm

Ta much Gilbert Obviously looking in the wrong place.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:16 pm

Ali in for Greg is probably fair enough, Kurakins and Morris are very lucky boys to keep their places hopefully they will up their efforts and quality this week
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:51 pm

Lucky it's not 4 nil. Horrendous performance with little effort on show from anyone. The serial offenders up front and left back continue to bring nothing
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:07 pm

Looks like we redeemed ourselve if the previuos poster's comments are fair. Great to see the team comong back from one down, especially away at Tannadice. First goal this season for Ziggy too!

Lots of yellows for us though, and suspensions will kick-in over the next two months. Anyone have stats on who is vulnerable on those?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Massive three points for us. We never give up!!!
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:18 pm

porcupine wrote:Looks like we redeemed ourselve if the previuos poster's comments are fair. Great to see the team comong back from one down, especially away at Tannadice. First goal this season for Ziggy too!

Lots of yellows for us though, and suspensions will kick-in over the next two months. Anyone have stats on who is vulnerable on those?

Of course the comments were fair ;) We will take that result - superb stuff - but lets not kid ourselves; we could have been thumped today by the team at the bottom. After their goal we had 2 great saves from McGovern (MotM) and 2 positions in the box where they should have punished us (one a bad one from the error strewn Kuriakins). I also recall them having a great chance early in the second to go 2 up, when all they had to do was get the ball square but we managed to clear.

A crazy game, which really hinged on our 'lucky' equaliser - an og from a corner which was perhaps our first 'attempt' on target. That then brought out all the frailties on United who bottled it - we scored :D but almost immediately United missed a one on one with the keeper chance again.

I don't think I am being cruel when I say that we perhaps won despite of Canning's changes rather than as a result of them. Imrie off was a weird decision and 442 was leaving us open in the middle before we scored.

After Celtic there are huge games in December - we must improve and we must start playing at nil nil - coming back is great but we can't rely on it.

McGovern was superb today and Sendles White was good also. Everyone else tried their best in the second half but were all shocking in the first.

Morris is getting good game time after bad now and is easily marshalled by semi decent defenders; Nade continues to be lazy when he gets on and Kurakins is just shocking.

Still better lucky than good they say :roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby AlMac » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:45 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
porcupine wrote:Looks like we redeemed ourselve if the previuos poster's comments are fair. Great to see the team comong back from one down, especially away at Tannadice. First goal this season for Ziggy too!

Of course the comments were fair ;) We will take that result - superb stuff - but lets not kid ourselves; we could have been thumped today by the team at the bottom. After their goal we had 2 great saves from McGovern (MotM) and 2 positions in the box where they should have punished us (one a bad one from the error strewn Kuriakins). I also recall them having a great chance early in the second to go 2 up, when all they had to do was get the ball square but we managed to clear.

A crazy game, which really hinged on our 'lucky' equaliser - an og from a corner which was perhaps our first 'attempt' on target. That then brought out all the frailties on United who bottled it - we scored :D but almost immediately United missed a one on one with the keeper chance again.

I don't think I am being cruel when I say that we perhaps won despite of Canning's changes rather than as a result of them. Imrie off was a weird decision and 442 was leaving us open in the middle before we scored.

After Celtic there are huge games in December - we must improve and we must start playing at nil nil - coming back is great but we can't rely on it.

McGovern was superb today and Sendles White was good also. Everyone else tried their best in the second half but were all shocking in the first.

Morris is getting good game time after bad now and is easily marshalled by semi decent defenders; Nade continues to be lazy when he gets on and Kurakins is just shocking.

Still better lucky than good they say :roll:

A different perspective to how I saw the game. Utd scored with their first chance of the match. Prior to that we dominated the game, admittedly without threatening to score which is a concern. I thought that Doherty played very well when he came on and deserves to start next week, as does D'Acol.

We need to find a goal scoring striker but I suspect that D'Acol may come good and fill that role. I have the same concerns about Kurakins, but that apart I think we are doing fine.

All in all a very satisfying victory....
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:40 pm

As Martin said we have played better and got nothing so a very pleasing 3 points particularly widening the gap with the bottom club. United were the more dominant in the first half but good goalkeeping, occasional good defending kept the score at 1 - 0. The same defenders acknowledging their self evident weaknesses also provided our goals, the first one indirectly by pressuring thier defence into an own goal and the second one directly through Ziggy. With Sendles white looking as though he may prove the best defensive acquistion for some time and Devlin too come back we really have to focus on finding a striker. I was bemused as anyone by Imrie's substitution but we seemed to be trying something different briniging on Dacol and given we went onto win who is to say Martin was wrong. A miserable day but I didn't mind the drive home one bit :)
Alfie Olek

Postby accies1874 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:49 pm

Two poor teams but great to get back to winning ways. I was in doubt whether the game would continue but we did well with 2 scruffy goals. Morris and Kurakins aren't doing enough but a win's a win.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Colombian Boffin » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:37 pm

Not at the game today, which means I have no right to comment on it so I won't. However, it was a tremendous result from a game I expected us to loose - I just thought United were/are about to turn the corner, and I thought our lack of goal threat would give them the edge.

To come back from 1 down shows great character, and I read on twitter that Martin gave a few home truths at HT. 3 points are 3 points, and who knows what the confidence boost might lead to.
Last edited by Colombian Boffin on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:58 pm

Colombian Boffin wrote:Not at the game today, which means I have no right to comment on it so I won't. However, it was a tremendous result from a game I expected us to lose - I just thought United were/are about to turn the corner, and I thought our lack of goal threat would give them the edge.

To come back from 1 down shows great character, and I read on twitter that Martin gave a few home truths at HT. 3 points are 3 points, and who knows what the confidence boost might lead to.

I think United might take some points off our rivals - which will make today's result even better.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby really? » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:08 am

We had one shot on goal and won 2-1.

United were there for the taking and, if we'd scored first, we could've walked it, but we're powder-puff in front of goal.

DUFC created numerous good chances and should have been further in front before we 'scored' - McGovern (MotM) saved us too many times.

Their own goal gave us a lifeline - United are bottom for a reason and they're rank at the back - Utd's confidence bombed and we got the winner but it could've been very different - we could easily have lost this game and probably deserved to.

Doherty must start next week - he made a huge difference when he came on.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:22 am

Have to add - 6 yellows was a joke - Bobby Madden's got it in for us.

Sendles-White - joke of a booking - nothing in it
Tagliapierta - he couldn't stop (because of the conditions) and collided with opponent (on byeline once ball was out)- joke
Kurakins - diving - possibly deserved though 1st offence?
MacKinnon - colliding with opponent - soft
Imrie - colliding with opponent - very soft - completely accidental
Nade - squaring-up to opponent

I've been at dirtier games (usually televised, against Celtic) with no (or hardly any) bookings. Just saying - Madden's a pr!ck.

Hamilton Academical
01 McGovern
02 Gordon
15 Sendles-White Booked
44 De Lima Tagliapietra Booked
03 Kurakins Booked
12 Kurtaj (Docherty - 64' )
06 Gillespie
11 Crawford
18 MacKinnon Booked
07 Imrie Booked (D'Acol - 57' )
14 Morris (Nade - 77' Booked )