Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Aberdeen - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:25 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Aberdeen - MATCH THREAD

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:11 pm

Our current top 6 placing has more to do with early season form than recent results and we now face 3 'big' teams in a row (albeit one is at the bottom of the table); followed into December with 5 ties against clubs we can compete with.

Crawford and Gillespie are big players for us and we need them on the pitch and on form. Be interesting to see if Kurtaj remains in the middle or is pushed back out wide; also interesting to see if Mackinnon comes back in and if he does he needs to do the good stuff he brings and ditch the daft boy stuff.

A point would be good, Aberdeen are also not in the form they once were.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:10 am

After our start to the season and recent run of no wins in 5 games, I think a point at home would be a pretty poor result. Hopefully we can get back to winning ways at home and put the Celtic and st Johnstone results behind us.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:58 pm

While Aberdeen won their last game against Dundee United their form up to then was worse than ours! Martin is apparently back in contention but a couple of our players have knocks according to the BBC and will be assessed. No idea who but hopefully not Ali. I would accept a point but we need to get back to winning ways soon as the teams below seem to be finding some form.
Alfie Olek

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:40 pm

From the club twitter feed:

The @acciesfc cake available to buy in the club shop and kiosks for @AberdeenFC match. @cakelatier @HamAdvOfficial

Looks good from the picture. Nice club crest on top. Only problem is you will have to eat it there and then, too difficult to carry home unlike the Accies empire biscuit you get at Kilmarnock :) Maybe they will do 4 in a cake box!
Alfie Olek

Postby southoftheborder » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:03 pm

Excellent - we can market cakes .........but not the club.

I suggest that we put the cupcake - third from the back and to the left on the bench!!!
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:52 pm

A decent enough point; although we again only play our best once we are behind - albeit that means we played well from 3 mins :(

We again played well enough and work hard and are competitive at this level; the final third is a problem, with players seemingly happy to pass the buck or shoot from too far out too often. Good to get a point without Ali and Docherty did well as did Daz and Gills. Morris has had his chance and he is clearly not doing enough, his performances seem to be decreasing as his own frustration increases.

Finally in terms of players; Kurakins is an anonymous imposter and I would far rather see the raw McMann get game time than him.

Finally the jersey thing was a stunt too far for me.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:36 pm

I don’t often agree with paul hartley who was part of the BBC commentary team but he summed it up at half time by saying we lacked a cutting edge. All that pressure in the first half but nothing to show for it. Second half Aberdeen come back into it but out of almost nothing Imrie gets an equaliser. Watched it again on BT and it was well worked with kurtaj hitting a decent strike that the keeper fortunately palmed into the path of dougie. 5 goals in 7 appearances for Accies. Thank goodness for him but we need to solve the goal scoring issue. Watched the penalty claim also. My initial reaction was that the ball struck the player outside the box now I’m not so sure. If colum was in line with it then he sees it better than the television angle shows. Defensively we weren’t good, although Sendles White impressed, but aberdeen weren’t much better. As for the french strip and the banners, clubs right across europe seem to have marked the occasion in many ways. The Berlin game was on BT when I got in and they were flying the tricolour as well as the minutes silence. I think being diplomatic however that it was ‘misjudged’.
Alfie Olek

Postby Alexander the Great » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:12 pm

nevis were not happy that it was a home game, it was on tv and we were not going to wear the home top, so by doing this wonderful gesture we kind of killed two birds with one stone with nevis getting there name on the shirt.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:15 pm

Surely the responsibility is with Aberdeen to have an away kit that does not clash?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Neilhoodwasmyhero » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:52 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Surely the responsibility is with Aberdeen to have an away kit that does not clash?

I think clubs have to submit there strips to the SPFL and have them approved. Someone at the SPFL should either have told them to change this one, or, I suppose produce a third strip.
Neilhoodwasmyhero
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:53 pm

Imrie, Sendles-White and Kurtaj best for me today.

Kurakins looks bereft of any confidence, Rooney and McGinn ripped him to shreds at times.

Thought Accies played great in the first half, similar to St Johnstone, but didn't have anything to show for it and, strangely enough, scored when Aberdeen were at their most comfortable.

Big game next week and then, after Celtic, we have 6 or 7 games where we could do some damage.

Anyone know why Crawford was missing today?? Still a groin issue from Dundee match??
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Alexander the Great » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:41 am

Kurakins is needing dropped, but who do we bring in at left back ? Only one that I can think of is Ziggy.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby really? » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:36 pm

A couple of observations.

1. How come Logan didn't get booked for his deliberate hand-ball?
2. How come Collum gave the free-kick on the line, which is technically 'in' the box?
3. Dougie wasn't offside imo watching the highlights, though Willie Miller said on the radio he was.
4. Willie Miller had a good laugh at Kurtaj's reaction - however, there's no way he'd have been laughing had it been an Aberdeen penalty.
5. I don't know if Kurakins is supposed to be a left-back but he ain't one and we'd be better off playing Gillespie or Ziggy at LB.
6. We need a striker - too much pressure with no result.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/34897006
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Willie Miller had a good laugh at Kurtaj's reaction - however, there's no way he'd have been laughing had it been an Aberdeen penalty.

I must admit I had a chuckle when I saw it on the tv highlights. I wasn’t laughing at Kurtaj as such just the reaction which was a bit comical. We need a wee bit more humour in football :lol:
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:41 pm

Ziggy needs to focus on getting right back on form in his own position :D We need an option at left back and if Macdonald was allowed to go we must have at least considered McMann as an option. He is raw but Antons has shown he needs competition. I would rather recruit from within and any cash in Jan used to get a striker
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:45 pm

We need a striker think we will have to send Chucky out on loan and punt Alex unless he shows something in Dec.

Boyd is worth a run just of the lone striker.

Where is the Spanish striker?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:31 am

H9crx wrote:We need a striker think we will have to send Chucky out on loan and punt Alex unless he shows something in Dec.

Boyd is worth a run just of the lone striker.

Where is the Spanish striker?

chucky could get in the team doin well in u20's
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Hooper » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:24 am

Chucky has looked sharp since he came back
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies 4 Ever » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:01 pm

Maybe his time has come to show what he can do for the first team. Maybe Martin should give him his chance on Saturday.
Accies 4 Ever
Pub League

Next

Return to Match Day Archives