accies v well league cup

Old match day threads will be moved here

accies v well league cup

Postby Alexander the Great » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:32 pm

hopefully we'll be the fresher of the two teams with well playing at parkhead on sunday.

if mac aint fit i would start with brophy, Scotland looked knackered after playing midweek under 20's then Saturday, give Louis a run out too. ftw 2-1
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Re: accies v well league cup

Postby accies4life » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:14 pm

Heard that Canning has injured his knee and is unlikely to play this game, MAC is a huge doubt as well.

I'm sure Tena didn't play because Neil didn't think it was worth the risk, so may be available.

Very tough game, but motherwell aren't so hot the now so it may go our way, actually fancy this to go to extra time.
accies4life
Pub League

Postby ggr » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:24 pm

I suspect 22 may be doubtful too.
He limped off at the end on Saturday.
ggr
Pub League

Postby Gilbaldo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:28 pm

Alex is quoted in the papers today saying that the league is far more important than the league cup.
It's hard to argue.

I think he may therefore take no risks tonight in the hope that he has a fuller squad to choose from on Saturday.
Interestingly, Stuart McCall has stated that he would sacrifice a place or two in the league for a great run in the league cup.

I'd rather have the points on the board to be honest, although that doesn't mean I don't want Accies to win tonight.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:38 pm

I
think he may therefore take no risks tonight in the hope that he has a fuller squad to choose from on Saturday.

Agreed. I don’t think he will risk players who he would wish to play on saturday so the defence will look like last saturday with alex playing in front. Not sure about up front Don’t think Jason can manage two games in relatively short space of time but or only other choice is Brophy. Have to be careful though a heavy defeat tonight even if its a weakened team doesn’t set things up well for saturday. Still optimistic
Alfie Olek

Postby Montrose Week » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Rubbish, we are already safe, let's win the cup.
C'mon the Accies :D
Montrose Week
Pub League

Postby shotts56 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Agree, I would rather have the cup run. Staying up would be great, but we've been there, done that. I would much rather have a cup run, eliminate them, and get us to Hampden. That's the dream,
shotts56
Pub League

Postby NewDouglasPark » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:16 pm

Would also love a cup run but not sure I'd agree that we are safe in the league already. We have certainly had a great start but there is an awful lot of football still to be played (we haven't even completed the first round of fixtures yet).

So.....let's win both games :)
NewDouglasPark
Pub League

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:46 pm

accies4life wrote:Heard that Canning has injured his knee and is unlikely to play this game, MAC is a huge doubt as well.

I'm sure Tena didn't play because Neil didn't think it was worth the risk, so may be available.

Very tough game, but motherwell aren't so hot the now so it may go our way, actually fancy this to go to extra time.

snap, we'll win in ET though :D
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby accie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:06 pm

Very young team tonight lets get behind them.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby NaeVay » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:42 pm

Hamilton Accies FC (@acciesfc) tweeted at 8:02 PM on Wed, Sep 24, 2014:
18 motherwell fans have set off a red flare

A red flare at Douglas Park. Hmm...
Dalziel firework shop must've ran out of amber.

Would love a cup run with the chance to earn some silverware but would much rather we stayed up.
Cmon lads, let's go for both!
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:47 pm

Yas :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:35 pm

An excellent result from a very young team. Ref ruined it with mostly soft yellows but at least he eventually equalled up the sides. Chick Young was saying when he got to the ground there was a practice match going on and Curier was playing. Couldn't understand why he wasn't in the line up. Cos Alex decided to keep his best starts for next Saturday that's why and tactically he has called it right. Really impressive to see the young boys take penalties without any hesitation. Thoroughly deserved
Alfie Olek

Postby Red and white hoops » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:59 pm

Excellent result and performance considering the spine of the team was missing. At one point I noticed of the 9 outfield players 7 of them had come through our youth system which speaks volumes for it. The young players being so confident in taking penalties was another major plus.

I'm Really looking forward to fir park now. If we could get Jesus, canzo and one of Mac or Jason back I'd be going there with real confidence considering I think that was mother wells first choice team.

Eamonn Brophy I felt put in a great shift tonight and is definitely one to watch. Ziggy too, out of his natural position just seems to get better and better.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Admin » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:26 am

Didn't enjoy watching the BBC site during penalties... Slow updates, too much suspense. Glad to get a win with so many younger players - good experience, and the future looks bright!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby AmanAccie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:17 am

Have to say that I've not been a fan of Hendrie since last season but before he was sent off, I think he played very well, his best match for donkeys! Oh and FTW also :D
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:27 am

Alex making the call of resting the injured players may be a major plus for sat! We should be able to bring in 3 sets of fresh leggs after that long hard game.

3 point on sat please
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:14 pm

Also forgot to mention mcgoverns save from vigurs (I think) in the second half. It was one of those ones he probably shouldn't have saved but really kept us in it when it mattered. He's been great so far and although we haven't scored in the last two games we haven't conceded either which with a makeshift defence is excellent. I mentioned in my post last night about the amount of players who have came through our youth system, the back four, ziggy, devlin, Gillespie and Hendrie all have came through the ranks with Accies.

I'd be curious as to the average age of the team last night if anyone with a bit more knowledge would know. Especially the team that finished.

Good times to be an Accies fan, long may it continue
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Alexander the Great » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:08 pm

Red and white hoops wrote:Also forgot to mention mcgoverns save from vigurs (I think) in the second half. It was one of those ones he probably shouldn't have saved but really kept us in it when it mattered. He's been great so far and although we haven't scored in the last two games we haven't conceded either which with a makeshift defence is excellent. I mentioned in my post last night about the amount of players who have came through our youth system, the back four, ziggy, devlin, Gillespie and Hendrie all have came through the ranks with Accies.

I'd be curious as to the average age of the team last night if anyone with a bit more knowledge would know. Especially the team that finished.

Good times to be an Accies fan, long may it continue

a world class save from McGovern my MOTM Gillespie, Crawford were outstanding as well. must have finished with only two player over 25 ie imrie and McGovern after 22 and neil went off.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby accies4life » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:48 pm

accies4life
Pub League

Next

Return to Match Day Archives