Old match day threads will be moved here

Hearts .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:42 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hearts .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Might as well kick off. We have absolutely nothing to lose so lets go for it. If we lose it won’t be any less than I currently expect while a draw would be a good result. I assume big Lucas is back and I wonder if Daz will feature. If he does I think he will be targeted by the Hearts players in an effort to get him sent off which won’t be difficult. As for up front I can’t see Dacol starting so Morris/Nade in some combination. Crawford may still have been feeling the affects of his injuries last week so may be sharper. Not been to Tynecastle before so looking forward to the trip.
Last edited by Alfie Olek on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfie Olek

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:21 pm

Tough few fixtures coming up....top 3 in our next 4 matches......

I don't expect anything from this match although producing a similar performance on Saturday as we managed for 40 minutes v St J would at least give us a wee chance.

Lucas will come back, as will McKinnon........hopefully snatch a 2-1 win but fear we will lose 3-1.....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Gaspode » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:40 am

Lookin forward to this, more for the day oot than the game! I would start D'Acol for this game, time to see what this guy is all about because it's hard to judge by his cameo appearances so far and to be honest Nade and Morris aren't cutting it for me.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:11 pm

I'm planning on taking the car to tynecastle. Can anyone suggest where to park.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby really? » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:22 pm

Drive up St Johns Road past the Zoo and park in Murrayfield near Roseburn pub - easy walk to away end from here.

Alternatively, park in Sainsburys car park on Westfield Road (?) - a Hearts fan I know does this and never has a problem...
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:32 pm

Thanks really?

I know where the zoo and murrayfield is so I'll aim for there
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:55 am

A massive task and to take anything would be decent. Gills is a huge miss and Daz a massive risk in such an atmosphere and with his history from the last fixture. Our defending will need to improve but Gills absence will not make that easy either.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:55 pm

Cash turnstile now available for Accies fans today.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:25 pm

Without Gills and Ali I didn't hold out much hope for this one; hopefully the break gives Ali a chance to get fully fit. Surprised to see Turner start as a couple of weeks ago in the u20s he looked miles off the pace.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby really? » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:10 pm

Was a mistake to start with Turner - played much better once he went off.

Hearts were shaken at the back but we never put enough pressure on them.

McGovern could have done better at the goals.

Madden was diabolical as expected - Tagilaperta given wholly unnecessary yellow early doors putting him on the back foot for rest of game - and I thought Morris was fouled for the 'penalty' but at least no sendings off...
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Hooper » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Also don't get why turner deserves a start as previously said saw him also at 20s where he was clearly not fit hasn't featured at 20s since then to help with fitness levels but plays first team
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:26 pm

That just felt like we never got going, first goal I think took a bit of a deflection and second goal I felt McGovern should have claimed the cross. Turner miles off the pace and doesn't look like he can cut it at this level. We worked hard but only created a few half chances in the second half. Hearts were ok but nothing amazing and if we had been more like our usual selfs I think we could have had a real chance in this one. Madden is a joke!!! What a diabolical performance, wrong decisions for both teams, card happy and did nothing to stop the cynical delay tactics Hearts used when we had them under pressure in the second half. Frustrating stuff.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:54 pm

Some Posable changes

Change formation to Three central half Ziggy as one- might cut out the amount of goals lost by cross balls. Or another formation to cut out the goals we are chucking away.

Morris can go back to parent club use money on some one with Goals or play our own young striker

Turner to be let go in Jan.

left back to be changed

January signings -some one who can score.

With out some major changes we could be on another run with out win's
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:27 pm

Good to see young Steven Boyd on the bench but would be even better to see him start ahead of Turner. The U20s beat Rangers 4-0 the other day and he got two, he scores most games and he's a midfielder. Hopefully see Gills and Crawford back in for Dons game but I'd like to see Boyd get his chance sooner rather than later. We don't want to risk another Danny Armstrong situation.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:47 pm

[quote="Whiskeytown] We don't want to risk another Danny Armstrong situation.[/quote]

As perhaps you missed the meeting last week, Les made it clear that Armstrong was encouraged by a pushy agent to seek a level higher than most thought he was capable of, and after a lot of pressure on wage structure demands, Accies let him go. All about the squad and manager's assessment of DA's worth v demands.

So, not quite what we all thought :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:32 pm

I know all about the situation, I got good info from someone who knows the family. Yes, a pushy agent was definitely involved and we were due to give him a big pay rise. I was really meaning we don't want to stifle a young talent who is a standout at U20 level, not saying DA should have been in the first team just perhaps closer to it, maybe on the bench a bit more. I haven't heard of anyone who is impressed by Turner and we haven't exactly been slow to blood youngsters in the past.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:47 pm

Would Boyd and Nade work? I don't go to any u20s games but, by the sound of it, Boyd is very capable of getting goals from midfield and Nade can hold it up well and bring folk into play. Even today he had some nice touches with no support to show for it. Surely Boyd running from midfield could help this? It can't be any worse than what Morris has been doing. It would mean sacrificing Crawford out wide or deeper though which could be detrimental.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Hooper » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:20 am

Boyd is a talent really a number 10 so to speak good on the ball can create chances and has an eye for goal he is one a few good talents in u20 squad along with a few good defenders and midfielders plus ryan tiernay all coming on well
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:51 am

H9crx wrote:Some Posable changes

Change formation to Three central half Ziggy as one- might cut out the amount of goals lost by cross balls. Or another formation to cut out the goals we are chucking away.

Morris can go back to parent club use money on some one with Goals or play our own young striker

Turner to be let go in Jan.

left back to be changed

January signings -some one who can score.

With out some major changes we could be on another run with out win's

Is your self imposed exile over? Are you back watching the team?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives