Old match day threads will be moved here

Partick Thistle .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:39 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Partick Thistle .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:55 pm

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be targeting 3 pts but Thistle are defo a bogey team for us, especially at Firhill, last season's match aside......

Hopefully, Ali is back for us and we play a solid match.

Docherty back in for crazy horse and the rest just the same!!

Still fancy us to draw 1-1, right enough.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:19 pm

Depends what team turns up for us. Hopefully the one that outplayed Dundee in the second half with 10 men ! Like to see Docherty on for 90 minutes and hope Ali is back If not who knows how things will go?
Alfie Olek

Postby Euan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:05 am

Alfie Olek wrote:Depends what team turns up for us. Hopefully the one that outplayed Dundee in the second half with 10 men ! Like to see Docherty on for 90 minutes and hope Ali is back If not who knows how things will go?

The team that outplayed Dundee included Longridge for Ali. Assuming Docherty is in for MacKinnon, who would you play, Ali or Longridge? Longridge played well but I'd bring in Ali if he's fit.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:04 am

who would you play, Ali or Longridge?

As i said "I hope Ali is back” so that answers that. What i meant by the ten men was not the individuals but the manner of playing once they went down to ten which was a real gutsy performance. More of the same please and 3 points hopefully.
Alfie Olek

Postby accie » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:06 pm

Great point from a losing position with 10men but could easily have been three. Dont think Lucas' foul deserved a red, Amoo was facing away from goal.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:36 pm

Should we be looking at giving Nadie a start next week?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:47 pm

I thought it was a tremendous performance from start to finish. Bossed the game away from home against a team on a high, should have made our dominance count but lucky not to be behind when their guy headed over from close range. Think the red was fair enough, rare mistake by Lucas and the guy was in, albeit with a lot to do at an angle. Canning maybe wasn't warmed up enough to come on at half time so Ziggy went to centre back and Grant went to right back. We continued to be the better team so MC maybe didn't see the need to change it but once the goal went in, a rare blunder by Jesus, he changed it around. Docherty unlucky to go off, maybe it should have been Longridge. Gillespie started to control the midfield again with Kurtaj, who played a sublime ball through for our best player on the day Imrie to round the keeper. Scenes!!!

The team looked the fitter with a man down and Nade did well when he came on. I think it's time he started, Morris did very little. MC should start next week, he may be carrying a bit extra round the middle but he didn't put a foot wrong. Good turnout of Accies fans, maybe 400+.
Last edited by Whiskeytown on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:34 pm

Again I'm disappointed not winning with 10 men :lol: The first half was incredibly poor and Thistle missed a brilliant chance from a header. Red card was entirely Lucas' fault as he got himself into a right mess. We started the second shakily and Gillespie had no protection from Imrie which was largely the reason for their goal (along with Jesus failing to read the play). We bounced back well though and Imrie took his goal very well from an excellent Kurtaj pass. Had a couple of good chances to win it and Thistle barely threatened. I'm not sure about 400 Accies fans but the turnout was fine. Probably the biggest away crowd of the season for us.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:52 pm

Funny how folk see things differently, I thoroughly enjoyed the first half, I thought it was very entertaining and at times end to end.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:52 pm

Well I wanted to see the same gutsy performance as 10 men played last week I just didn't want to see it from 10 men again. whatever Dougie Imrie has shown his worth this season i n the last 2 games alone. it was a straight red card and I wonder whether Lucas should have let him go particularly as their reserve keeper looked vulnerable. que sera. Lucas has the heart of a lion but when he is beaten he doesn't have the legs to catch an opponent. saw it in the raith rovers league cup game when he was lucky to get away with a similar foul. Martin has reminded me what a great defender he is. Happy to see him play the next couple of games.
Alfie Olek

Postby Gaspode » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:26 am

Whiskeytown wrote:Funny how folk see things differently, I thoroughly enjoyed the first half, I thought it was very entertaining and at times end to end.

Agree with this, i thought the first half was very entertaining with us well on top. Dougie Imrie was magnificent, he covered every blade of grass on that pitch.
Gaspode
Championship

Return to Match Day Archives