Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Dundee - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:53 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Dundee - MATCH THREAD

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:28 pm

Great game to look forward to with the teams having the same kind of season so far.

I think our efforts and quality against a Celtic primarily team sitting back have been over played a wee bit in the last week or so; but such quibbles would be forgotten with a performance and result here.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Hooper » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:15 pm

A result like the 20s tonight against dundee will do 4-1 Accies youngsters
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:21 am

Hooper wrote:A result like the 20s tonight against dundee will do 4-1 Accies youngsters

A goal like Boyd's will also do - he danced past 3 defenders in the box and then slipped it past the keeper. Interesting that D'Acol, Redmond, Docherty and Lyon didn't feature last night. Turner did and he lasted 60 odd mins but looked way off in terms of fitness and the pace of the game; and if I am honest in terms of levels of interest (although the first 2 may explain the third).
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Hooper » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:03 am

Yeah agree with that turner looking a bit off great goal from Boyd and some good performances from some of the youngsters again looking decent
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby simonswimmer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:40 pm

Looking forward to this. Love the rivalry that has developed in this fixture over the last few seasons.

Feel like Nade is due a start. I like Morris, but Nade is maybe edging it at the moment. Morris on for last 20 mins though.
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:04 pm

I don’t generally take a dislike to other football clubs but after the behaviour/comments of Hartley, their then chief executive and a few of the players following their narrow championship title win, I always want to see us get one over them. Last nights' Development game result was satisfying particularly as Hartley was in attendance and apart from a 20 minute spell at the beginning of the second half Dundee were always second best.For the first team fixture, the players will be rested, Mcgovern on a high and I assume Morris will be over over his injury. It will be interesting to see whether he gets the nod or Nade to start or even D’acol. A win please and Hartley sent to the stand for bad behaviour.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:22 pm

I really hope Loy doesn't score today :? :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:08 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:I really hope Loy doesn't score today :? :D

Greg Stewart's a stick-on to score.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:37 pm

First off MacKinnon and Nade should be ashamed of themselves tonight - Dazza for a horrendous lunge and Nade for as lazy and disinterested a performance I've ever seen from a sub - against an old club but hopefully that's a coincidence :? , Both can sit on the side lines for while any way.

What seems like a great point but really we could have taken all 3 with better finishing. But the usual 100% commitment with 10 men was great to see; albeit we were left to wonder why we didn't show that effort with 11 men.

TV will tell if we should have conceded a penalty and had 2 goals chopped of for offside.

That's the first round of fixtures complete and we have more to be happy about than sad - albeit an injury to Crawford could shift that balance.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby WILF » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:51 pm

Great point given the circumstances , some really committed never say die performances and with a bit of luck we could easily have taken all 2 points ....considering

- Crawford injured and off early was a blow
- horrendous deflection for their goal
- McKinnon - wtf is he thinking??? About 5 minutes before he did it Canning warned him to behave as had already went over the ball on someone , just crazy indiscipline and he needs punished , it was as bad and deserved red card you'll see
- 2 disallowed goals..... Need to see them again

A point was decent considering the above!
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:55 pm

We had won the free-kick at the MacKinnon incident so why get involved , great spirit and deserved point , Hartley tried his usual NDP tactics of get a break then sit in to defend , he is one greasy haired rat .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Well that was interesting! We more or less dominate the first half but fail to score, Dundee come out the traps second half and score with about the only shot they have on target all be it aided by a deflection, we lose our creativity in Crawford, we go down to 10 men and suddenly create 3/4 chances and then we score a cracker. Never boring watching Accies. the sending off galvanised us and it was a real team performance from all including Nade. as for Mackinnon he tried to kick the Dundee player in the Crown Jewels directly in front of the linesman. Had it connected properly the Dundee player would probably be in A and E. He contributes nothing of significance other than out and out thuggery. Hopefully he will never return to the first team. some cracking chants from the Dundee fans although their travelling numbers seemed a lot lower than usual. All in all pleasing to take a point in those circumstances and good to see Dundee fans giving Hartley pelters on P and B for his tactics when we went down to 10 men. If Crawford is out it will be interesting to see how we cope if as is possible he goes in January.
Alfie Olek

Postby accies1874 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:00 pm

I think it was a poor game but we deserved at least a point. Hopefully never see MacKinnon play for us again - awful player n
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:55 pm

McKinnon can fuck off, pure and simple. He contributed nothing before being sent off for a thuggish, stupid tackle. Agree with the earlier poster to about Nade, looked completely disinterested when he came on.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Mackinnon is a red card waiting to happen in every single game. He is a ned, pure and simple. Sad thing is he's being playing quite well lately but if I were Canning I'd get rid. We have Docherty, Boyd, Redmond and Turner who can play. Didn't notice Nade not trying but I did notice the lovely wee pass to Ziggy for the goal. :roll:

Great battling display with Gillespie again immense with Big Lucas outstanding. Tena MOTM maybe a bit generous but overall I thought he did well.

How bad was Collum? To be perfectly honest, I thought Dundee were denied two stonewall penalties in the first half and a possible one early in the second. And what our second disallowed goal was chalked off for no one seems to know. Did Lucas jump about two yards from the keeper? That must be it.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:39 pm

Delighted to get a point after losing Crawford and going down to 10. A well worked goal and I think dougie enjoyed it as much as we did.

Sorry to put a downer on it today but yet again I fail to see what Longridge brings to the team. I realise coming off the bench it's going to take 5 mins or so to get into the game but he never seems to do anything. To me the obvious choice off the bench was docherty.

Mackinnon has been covered in another thread. A liability.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Leifoh » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:08 pm

Good point under the circumstances, great team spirit as always, but a little frustrating it takes a sending off, to get the team started. Dougie gives his heart and soul for the team every week, really pleased for him to get the goal.

What an idiot MacKinnon is, agree with all that has been said about him, get rid, before he costs us more points.

A little harsh from some people about Nade, didn't see anything that suggested he wasn't trying, after we scored, he didn't track back as much, but I think the tactic was get nine men behind the ball so we dont concede, while Nade stays up front in case of a break away ball.

Collum is an utter clown, I made a few excuses for him last time, but you can't defend that today.
Leifoh
Pub League

Return to Match Day Archives