Accies .V. Celtic - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Celtic - MATCH THREAD

Postby accies1874 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:21 pm

We did as well as we could. Kurtaj and Gills were both excellent but Crawford had his worst game in a while. The police and stewards were a disgrace though.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby accies123 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:56 pm

Griffiths jumps over ziggy. Nothing that tena can do.
accies123
Pub League

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:30 pm

Gutted we did not make Celtic work for the equaliser , just a free-kick in to box , would love to have went at half-time a goal up , have them rattled , there manager is a bit simple , his reactions at end were as if he had achieved something , you never see him do that in big games these days only at places like NDP and Firhill .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:33 pm

How we did not get at least a point I don't know.

carton M had a stinke never one a ball and loked lost.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:lso need to see the one Morris missed shortly before he got hooked which would have led to us equalisng a scoreline that we have no more than deserved. Maybe he wasn’t expecting it or he was just in the wrong position.

I think it was more down to the fact that he had to take it on his weaker left foot. In saying that he didn't have the best of games today.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:50 pm

Merited a draw but a workmanlike Celtic side closed down Crawford, who despite that was not himself today, and were clinical where it mattered. Best for us were Lucas, Gillespie and Kurtaj (I take it he is close to the physio! ;) ).

This 3 free tickets for kids seems to be a big error. That probably accounts for so many empty seats, seats that the club couldn't put on sale. Embarrassing to see so many gaps.

I hope the Celtic love-in with Jay Beattie is now over. Such a big Accies fan, I'm sure he'll be at two home games this season.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:07 pm

Deila now trying to blame the pitch. It was like playing on glass apparently Something not right with the pitch. No Ronnie the pitch is ok it's ur team that's not right.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Shocking stuff today!

Longridge never got on and Dazza never didn't get booked !

Celtic too good for us in a 15 minute period and clinical with their chances. We played well enough and tried our best but when your best players are not on their A game for the whole match (McGovern, gills and Ali) then its hard to take something.

Kurtaj is coming on great and the team looks settled. Kurakins still a bit disappointing for me - always looking to pass responsibility and/or get rid of the ball.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:00 pm

Accies should've taken a point from that today.

Celtic are no longer to be feared, their defence is ropey...that's me being kind.

Gillespie was very good today as was Kurtaj......he is making great progress.

Crawford aside, I can't see many Accies players disappearing in January.

Last few matches Crawford has been off the boil.....Motherwell, Killie and today.

Hope he comes back rejuvenated after international break......

Dundee and St J, at home and Thistle, away in next three matches....six/seven points would see us lay a marker down for top 6.....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:26 pm

Think we were well worth at least a point today. We more than matched Celtic and for at least the first 25 minutes we were well on top. Their goals apart I don't think Celtic hit the target in the first half. 2 instances of poor defending cost us. If we had defended better and went in even or better still a goal up I think we'd have went on and got at least point.
Ali had another off day and think he's going to benefit from the break. That said, Biton was on him right away whenever the ball was at Ali's feet.
Kurtaj had a good game today and really looks to be growing into quality player taking his goal really well. Gillespie had another great game, he's having a great season so far, although fell out it slightly after being booked and then commiting another foul, obviously realising his next foul would probably been a red.

Onwards and upwards though, we've proven we can more than compete with the best in the league, nothing at all to fear going forward.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Colombian Boffin » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:34 pm

I know we can't expect anything from Celtic games normally, but in all honesty on reflection, I believe that had Ali C been at anything like his best, we would have got at least a draw and maybe even a win. He was well off his normal game, perhaps because he wasn't given an inch of space and muscled out of it on many occasions. He knew it too, given his body language when he was understandably subbed, and I'm sure he will be much better against Dundee. I take on board others' comments about Carlton Morris, but he is very young and inexperienced at this level. He will benefit from the experience in the future.

The Dundee game is a much bigger one for us...
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby Don van Vliet » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:38 pm

Colombian Boffin wrote:I know we can't expect anything from Celtic games normally, but in all honesty on reflection, I believe that had Ali C been at anything like his best, we would have got at least a draw and maybe even a win. He was well off his normal game, perhaps because he wasn't given an inch of space and muscled out of it on many occasions. He knew it too, given his body language when he was understandably subbed, and I'm sure he will be much better against Dundee. I take on board others' comments about Carlton Morris, but he is very young and inexperienced at this level. He will benefit from the experience in the future.

The Dundee game is a much bigger one for us...

I can speak from a highly priveleged position of complete ignorance as I have seen nothing of the game, so my views will definitely command respect. If you want to neutralise a team's threat, you identify their creative players and do your best to keep them out of the game. Ali is that player for us and it is to be expected that teams will try to lock him up. Sounds as thought Celtic managed that. It is to his credit that it hasn't happened in many other games, as I'm sure everyone else has tried.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:20 pm

As out of sorts as Ali was, he still came closest to getting an equaliser with that fantastic first time curler from outside the box. Think he has earned a bit of slack the last couple of seasons, I'm sure he'll be back to his best soon.

As for the first goal, some blame attached to McGovern and I can see why. It was one of those that dipped very suddenly but he could have anticipated it even though it would probably have meant a headlong dive into onrushing players and the risk of injury. Such is the life of a goalkeeper. Lucas should have stopped Boyata from getting in front of him but then he would have ran the risk of an own goal. Gillespie also at fault for the wayward pass that led to Lucas committing the foul. Unlike him and spoiled another fine performance.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Beastie » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:38 pm

I don't think I'm the only one who feels strongly that the free kick which led to the first Celtic goal should never have been a free kick?
Lucas clearly took the ball and not the man, and it looked to me (and to those around me) to be a very skilled and well-timed tackle.
Another shocking refereeing decision was when Nade was fouled twice when trying to break through on goal, where he would most likely have scored. How the officials missed both fouls beats me.
I still can't believe that Celtic won that game...on that showing Aberdeen still have a chance of winning the league.
Beastie
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:59 pm

H9crx wrote:How we did not get at least a point I don't know.

carton M had a stinke never one a ball and loked lost.

Is the boycott over or was it observed from TV ? How is the club doing in your 'ambition' and 'pub team' criteria at the present time?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives