Old match day threads will be moved here

Kilmarnock .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kilmarnock .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bluesy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:15 pm

This is a good opportunity to go 3rd I think. Hearts bound to lose at shellick and Ross county unlikely to take 3 points at Dens so please go for it like we did in the 2nd half on Saturday.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby WILF » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:42 pm

nothing to fear and we should go for it in this game, not sure off hand what our record is like at Rugby Park but i remember a few recent victories there and this Killie team aren't up to much. If we play like we can we are capable to take 3 points.....sitting in third after this weekends round of matches would be an incredible outcome.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:30 pm

We've had regular wins there since the late 80s. Seen us win many times and even missed a couple. Mind playing them off the park in 87/88 with ten men, on our way to 8 wins in a row. Since then, we seem to win every other game. Mind you we won the last time! Last three meetings at Rugby Park have seen us win two and lose one, and we should have won that won (Daz's miss!). They have a keeper crisis and may be tired after Wednesday's LC match. 2-1 Accies, Crawford and Lucas.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:01 pm

Saw the goalie issue on the BBC. Apparently
Assistant coach Lee McCulloch says Kilmarnock are waiting on permission to bring in one of "three or four" emergency goalkeeper options.
Not ideal preparation from their point of view but we have to focus on our game if our poor away form is not to continue. This game is winnable. Not sure if Morris will be back but if not I assume Nade in his place with Dacol on the bench. Need to remember to get my ticket. Not paying an extra 4 quid at the ground. Might seem like a good idea to get fans to buy their tickets in advance but with us taking relatively few supporters then it should not be a problem for Killie to allow PATG at the same price.
Alfie Olek

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:13 am

Where's the best place to get parked at Killie?

Also, looks like we're in the upper tier!! Surely that's not right, the lower tier will be empty and we'll be miles away from the pitch!!
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby cdisaaccie » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:53 am

Jambos were in upper tier with lower tier empty on Wednesday night so we might well be
cdisaaccie
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:15 pm

Great result for the team and management.......... and the fans - another happy Saturday night :)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:10 pm

Not a great performance but we did well in the second half. Some goal by Imrie and the players were loving it at the end.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Agree not the greatest performance from either team but 2 well taken goals from us particularly Dougie's and one truly great save from McGovern. Killie could easily have gone in 2 up but it was good to see us fight back from one goal down.I wonder if any Accies fans were put off attending by the extra 4 pounds? Absolute nonsense with a crowd of 3,300 Really not sure there is a place back in the team for mackinnon with Docherty looking the part. Onwards and upwards
Alfie Olek

Postby accies1874 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:36 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:Agree not the greatest performance from either team but 2 well taken goals from us particularly Dougie's and one truly great save from McGovern. Killie could easily have gone in 2 up but it was good to see us fight back from one goal down.I wonder if any Accies fans were put off attending by the extra 4 path? Absolute nonsense with a crowd of 3,300 Really not sure there is a place back in the team for mackinnon with Docherty looking the part. Onwards and upwards

I'm not sure it was an extra £5. I saw signs that said it was still £5 for u16s in our end.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:55 pm

A strange game. Killie looked a class above us at times in first half and the only Accies player that did well was McGovern, with Lucas and Tena maybe decent enough. Docherty was very poor and Imrie a waste of a shirt. Canning must have put a rocket up them in the dressing room as we came out and immediately dictated the play. Imrie's goal was stunning. Docherty came onto a game and Gills controlled the midfield. Ali was still a bit up and down as was Kurtaj, great skills but over does it. But a fine winner and overall a great second half performance. Wonderful scenes at the end which no doubt won't be shown on tv, Kurtaj especially seems to be loving it!

Good Accies support, maybe 300+?
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:58 pm

A real game of two halves. I don't remember us forcing their keeper into a serious save in the first half but we really upped our game in the second half and scored two great goals. Loved the players coming over at the end, they really seem to have a passion the same as the fans. Great to be sitting joint third at this stage of the season.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:00 pm

I love seeing the players get well up for it after the game. Ziggy was going absolutely mental and Kurtaj, Lucas and Nade were loving it. Docherty was probably the most passionate when we scored too. Kurtaj rallying the fans when the ball was in the corner was great to see too. I think these new signings seem to really like it here and clearly have a lot of time for the fans.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby burnsy5shoes » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:36 am

Agree with a few posters opinions of the game, accies were really poor in the first half, second to most balls and standing off kille and allowing them to play but after the break it was a similar performance to Motherwell. Strong in the air and players hassling kille when they had possession, forcing them to make mistakes and then going forward. Imrie's goal was an absolute peach and we deserved our winner when Crawford tapped in. I think docherty has made the transition from youth to sub to first team regular. Still raw at times but composed and not scared to take players on. I would have him in the team before mackinnon. Only negative was that although Kurtaj seems skilful, he tends to over-do it rather than playing someone else in but in saying that he went crazy with the fans at the end so I'll let him off. Terrific support and top quality kille pie and accies empire biscuit!!!
burnsy5shoes
Pub League

Postby Colombian Boffin » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:07 pm

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if Docherty becomes captain of Accies in the future - before he gets any move of course... He is a maturing into a really useful player. A good character too.
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:52 pm

Poor first half, second to most balls.

Very bold move in 2nd half by MC.......playing 4 up front at times......Imrie, Kurtaj, Crawford and Morris/Nade.

The save McGovern made from that free kick in 2nd half was tremendous.

Great BBC highlights, not, didn't even show that save or half the action in 2nd half, which I thought was hugely entertaining.....bring on the Sellik!!!!!
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:52 am

Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:Great BBC highlights, not, didn't even show that save or half the action in 2nd half, which I thought was hugely entertaining.....bring on the Sellik!!!!!

Oh come on, they showed the dead club beating Juventus in 1978, that was interesting!

Better footage on youtube without commentary, though they also don't show Obedayi's chance to make it 2-0 near half time or Crawford's free kick on time up or the other Imrie/Ashcroft incident. I think you can hear some clapping from the Killie fans at Imrie's goal!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2RhimuNdKA.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Return to Match Day Archives