Dundee v Accies

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Dundee v Accies

Postby WILF » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Gutted that I'm missing this , will be watching sky sports updates on the pub in Germany!
C'mon Accies keep the good run going!!

For the bus stopping at the Glencarse Hotel (my local) enjoy your beers and enjoy reminding Mike (the owner) of our result against Celtic a few weeks ago :) I'm sure he said something about free beers!! ;)
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:36 pm

Not a bad display today. Yet agin Dundee's physical anti football which is rancid to watch beat the accies!

Crowford has his worst game Of the session and so did some others as when they had the ball they were nailed this then meant they were to quick to pass it on due to feer of getting clattered.

Needed The Daz in the midfield today.

Hendrie is one of our weakest players.

Ow well Paul Hartley Rancid we prick wins again!

Today's game was very simalar to the play off game at NDP we did ok but HiBs had two shots on goal and scored.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Gilbaldo » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:25 pm

Interviews with Michael McGovern, Darian MacKinnon, Ziggy Gordon and Alex Neil are now on the club website.
With apologies for the audio quality at times, that pesky Dundee wind isn't good when you're using an iPod Touch outdoors.
Thanks to Andy McGilvray for the Darian interview.

https://audioboom.com/channel/acciesfc
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Played well in the first half without hitting the heights that we have been recently; Dundee going in front was coming a wee bit and if there was one game where our slightly lightweight midfield would get caught a bit it would be against Dundee and so it was.

After going behind we didn't do anything which was perhaps the most disappointing thing; and at the cost of being too critical I think Redmond still seems to be fading badly in the second half of games - both in terms if fitness and his contribution. He is small and very skilful but without fitness he wont reach his potential.

Ps every Accies foul on a Dundee player heading into/near the box was a yellow (rightly) but at least 3 such Dundee challenges were unpunished.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:20 pm

Would like to see the foul that was bang on the 18 yard line was it in the box?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies999 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:20 am

Quite hard to be critical after a tremendous run of form. My words about being lightweight and being bullied too easily by physical sides such as Dundee came back to haunt me. Let's pick ourselves up for the Aberdeen game and start another wee run. Well done so far Accies
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:39 am

By far the better side in the first half creating half a dozen chances but sadly not taking any. second half we lost a bit of energy and they took their chances and then at 2 up strung everybody across the back to prevent any comeback. I’ll settle for a good performance on Wednesday but back to winning ways next saturday. Aside from the results Dens Park is really a dump . Being in in that corner is actually worse than being behind the goals :cry:
Alfie Olek

Postby Burst Baws » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:18 am

That stand should be shut down, there was a guy just inside the turnstyles telling us to watch our feet as the concrete floor is rutted and uneven. Would help if there was a bright light to see where we were going as it was like being at the pictures. Horrible place to visit.
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:53 pm

See Dundee got up to some selective pitch-watering yesterday, in contravention of SPFL / UEFA rules.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:02 pm

As disappointing as it was we'll just need to take it on the chin and move on. If we had been offered only two defeats being top and beating celtic Motherwell and Aberdeen at the start of the season I'm sure everyone of us would have been delighted. On another day if Mac had put his chance away I've no doubt we'd have went on to win by a couple.
But it wasn't to be. Move on and start again.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Don van Vliet » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Radio commentary had it that we were the better team, particularly, but not exclusively, in the first half. It was also extremely critical of the referee for not giving a couple of very significant free kicks to the Accies. I've never heard commentary be so overtly critical.

Shame that it was to Dundee that we had our run came to an end but there it is. The table looks no less impressive today than it did a week ago.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:52 pm

Strange days indeed when we get beaten and find ourselves still top of the pile.

A sore one it being Dundee, and I wonder how much our other opponents will have learned from it. However, I'm more concerned with how we react - this is a key test for our young players. Can we bounce back? I'm not convinced we can get the result we need at Pittodrie, much as I would love to see us in a semi final for the first time since 1979. But we should be looking to beat Partick at home next Saturday.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby fair city » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Well what went wrong?

We simply did not do our basics as per previous games and Dundee adopted a get up and at them attitude which paid off. Fair enough but the match as a footballing spectacle was spoiled by the wind. We could not control things in the first half when we had advantage and Dundee mastered the conditions better later. It was during that time we should have realised that we needed a shoot at all times game, hopefully score and carry forward to the second half. As it was they got stronger and likelier the longer the game lasted and when a second goal arrived it was curtains.

All is not lost and there must be no panic. We have been in the spotlight up till Saturday past and the right standard of play will simply not be lost. Lets prove that what has been done so far can continue on our merry go round. Regarding our front players I do have the view that if and when we do need to use "subs" the present staff are not of sufficient calibre.
fair city
Pub League

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:27 pm

fair city wrote:Well what went wrong?

We simply did not do our basics as per previous games and Dundee adopted a get up and at them attitude which paid off. Fair enough but the match as a footballing spectacle was spoiled by the wind. We could not control things in the first half when we had advantage and Dundee mastered the conditions better later. It was during that time we should have realised that we needed a shoot at all times game, hopefully score and carry forward to the second half. As it was they got stronger and likelier the longer the game lasted and when a second goal arrived it was curtains.

All is not lost and there must be no panic. We have been in the spotlight up till Saturday past and the right standard of play will simply not be lost. Lets prove that what has been done so far can continue on our merry go round. Regarding our front players I do have the view that if and when we do need to use "subs" the present staff are not of sufficient calibre.

Thanks for a useful analysis, very helpful to those of us who weren't there.

Re your last point, do you mean Jason Scotland specifically, or Scotland, Longridge and Ryan collectively? Either way, I thought it was an odd comment - could you expand on it?
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:05 am

Willie Wastle wrote:
fair city wrote:Well what went wrong?

Thanks for a useful analysis, very helpful to those of us who weren't there.

Re your last point, do you mean Jason Scotland specifically, or Scotland, Longridge and Ryan collectively? Either way, I thought it was an odd comment - could you expand on it?

I agree about our front players. Mac, even when things aint happening for him, still works the channels and keeps defenders occupied. Unless you get the ball to Jasons feet i feel he is ineffective in the Mac role, especially when, like Saturday, we were chasing the game. I would rather Brophy got more game time as Ryan just isn't god enough at this level for me.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby simonswimmer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:27 pm

It was a fairly poor game. Dundee adapted well to accies style of play, which is something I fear other teams will start to do as the season progresses. Although there were no "bad" performances from any individuals, things didn't seem to click the way they have in recent weeks. Much of the link up play didn't come off, and heads began to drop. I think they hate playing Dundee as much as the fans do.

I do really rate Stephen Hendrie - he's been great this season, but he seemed to be playing with very little confidence on Saturday. Didn't look comfortable on the ball. Hopefully just a blip as his form has been solid every other time I've seen him.

On the plus side Mac was great. Hold up play is fantastic and his lay offs were spot on. Although he's the striker, he's also helping create a lot for Andreu, Crawford etc.

Finally, referee was dreadful
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby fair city » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:10 pm

In response to WW my aim was to give the impression that as soon as we introduced the present subs it does not have the effect of improving the overall performance teamwise. I am certainly not getting at Jason on his own but they must all show a willingness to look for improvement.
fair city
Pub League

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives