Old match day threads will be moved here

St. Johnstone .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: St. Johnstone .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:58 pm

An away point here would be fine; we have had some decent breaks recently and these could turn against us at some stage.

Cant see any changes to the starting line up but it would be interesting to see if we get a look at D'Acol from the bench with perhaps Redmond ready to challenge for game time. I would like to see Kurakins settle more into the team after the break.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Can only hope to continue our momentum and sticking with the same team's a no-brainer. Getting 4 wins on the bounce would be incredible especially after how much negative press we got in pre-season with us almost unanimously being told we're going down. I quite like McDiarmid park (despite always seeming to be cold) too that's a positive.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby cdisaaccie » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:19 am

Hopefully we make it 4 wins in a row in my absence.

No choice but to miss this one, not through work either.
My cousin scheduled her wedding for this Saturday - the venue is only 1/2 hour down road from McDiarmid as well.

May be going to Aberdeen away next Tuesday though.
cdisaaccie
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:45 am

Good time to go to perth as it might have some grass on the pitch!

Accies win 2-1
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:38 pm

H9crx wrote:Good time to go to perth as it might have some grass on the pitch!

Accies win 2-1

Watching it from the home end? ;)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Beastie » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:10 pm

Highlights on BBC Alba 10pm Sunday
Beastie
Pub League

Postby Neilhoodwasmyhero » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:48 am

A bit early to take my Perth based grand daughter for her first look at the Accies (she's just turned two) but it will be nice to have a leisurely walk down to the stadium and for Gillian (who did first see Accies when she was two) to get to a game again. Which all means, away win!
Neilhoodwasmyhero
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:36 pm

Saints not quite firing on all 4 cylinders so far this season but including their European home tie, I don’t think they have been beaten at home competitively yet so a tight game with perhaps 1 - 1 result? Won’t make this game or the Aberdeen one due to late holiday plans but will be back for the Well game thank goodness.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:58 pm

No breaks,poor form and average ref will make it a long second half.
The team is way off form but Kurakins again continues to spiral downward
Last edited by redandwhite1874 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:57 pm

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Played ok for 10-15 minutes then , well, didn't. Defending was very poor throughout.
At least its made my mind up about going to Aberdeen on Tuesday.
Tumbleweed
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:38 pm

No MC interview on BBC even though St J manager interviewed, so no take on what our manager had to say.

Referee Dallas books Gillespie at 1m40s for rushing in to St J's free kick player. Did Grant touch the ball and if so is that an automatic booking?? So we loose a defensive midfielder for the entire game as he is scared to put in any tackle in case of a 2nd yellow.

Three things wenr wrong today.

Referees's bad decision where a talking to after 90 seconds would have been more appropriate for an experienced ref.

Manager's tactic's looked suspect by pushing both full backs up and operating them as wingers. Kurakins total inability to then get back when St J break up front. All three goals came up his side when he was posted missing, leaving Lucas to cover both the centre and the wing when opposing players surged forward.

Too many players had an off-day. They can't be tired. We have had an international break, with only Kurakins on duty ( but not playing), but Morris looked out of puff near the end, Kurtjac was anonomous, Dougie poor and Ali subdued.

On this basis we will be humped at Aberdeen, and will need a big change for Motherwell at home.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:22 am

Really poor with Kurakins standing out. No point having a dig at the ref. The Gills one was poor and a St Johnstone player did something identical with no punishment but it doesn't excuse God awful defending. Not expecting anything from Aberdeen so all eyes on the Motherwell game!
accies1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:59 am

4 crosses leading to 4 goals 1 via a penalty!

Left side non existent the German not tracking back to give protection to the very poor left back.

Better defending and some breaks from the ref and we could have taken something

Did they have more than 4 shots on target felt like they scored every time they they did.

Also a goal chopped off that look on side. And the penalty appeal in the first 5 min looked a stick on.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:23 am

H9crx wrote:4 crosses leading to 4 goals 1 via a penalty!

Left side non existent the German not tracking back to give protection to the very poor left back.

Did they have more than 4 shots on target felt like they scored every time they they did.

Also a goal chopped off that look on side. And the penalty appeal in the first 5 min looked a stick on.

I would pretty much agree with that !

On another day McGovern would have saved the first, the penalty looked soft although Daz can be cumbersome in the box and has been lucky not to have conceded one already this season.

Not sure the move to 2 up worked as it gave them too easy of a time in the centre of the park.

Who is the reserve left back as for me Kurakins has been way short in the last 3 games
Last edited by redandwhite1874 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:56 pm

I thought we were pretty unlucky not to have a penalty too (though we were as far away as you could get) and Fisher could've easily been sent off for a challenge on Kurakins in the second. Their penalty was deserved, in my opinion, so no complaints about that. I read on the BBC post match report that MacKinnon has been booked 5 times in 5 league games?! Not sure that's true or not.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby ggr » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:11 pm

Thought the tackle on Morris was a penalty at the time, and having seen the video, I'm now sure it was. Easton gets nothing on the ball and takes Morris out as he's about to pull the trigger. Stonewaller. Might have been a different game if it was given.

First 20 minutes accies took the game to them, and I as pretty confident of a win. However, after losing the two goals in a minute it was always going to be an uphill struggle.

I've always said I'd rather Accies had a go and lose games 4-1, rather than sitting in and hoping for a point. Nothing that happened yesterday has changed my opinion.
ggr
Pub League

Postby ggr » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
H9crx wrote:4 crosses leading to 4 goals 1 via a penalty!

I would pretty much agree with that !

On another day McGovern would have saved the first, the penalty looked soft although Dan can be cumbersome in the box and has been lucky not to have conceded one already this season.

Not sure the move to 2 up worked as it gave them too easy of a time in the centre of the park.

Who is the reserve left back as for me Kurakins has been way short in the last 3 games

To be fair to Kurakins, after losing the 2 goals in quick succession, we had to push forward. Kurtaj was playing as out and out winger, and that often left Kurakins exposed with 2 players bearing down on him. We had to gamble to try to take something from the game.
ggr
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:25 pm

We shouldn't be losing four goals to any SPL team currently.Apart from Inverness away,we seem to have adopted a losing mentality away from home with players a shadow what they are at NDP.

Management need to sort this as it is undoing good home performances.We could be going into the derby on the back of two heavy and demoralizing away defeats.Not ideal.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:39 pm

A booking to Crawford was given to Mackinnon by the media in a recent game, so by my reckoning he's on four bookings, one away from a suspension. He just can't seem to keep his discipline. He'll probably miss another match against his beloved if he carries on like this. Played well in the home games recently so I'll cut him some slack but management need to have a word with him.

Not too bothered about Tuesday, a narrow defeat wouldn't be too bad and hopefully the players will be fired up to put things right against Well.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Return to Match Day Archives