Raith v Accies

Old match day threads will be moved here

Raith v Accies

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:57 pm

A tricky away tie for us albeit on the back of a decent start to the season.

Raith have only lost narrowly to Falkirk in the league and Stenny in the Petrofac; and have a few ex- Accies to make it interesting.

There is a break after the Hearts game so no need to rest anyone; although anyone with a knock might not be pushed and Martin might want a younger player or 2 to get a chance?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Re: Raith v Accies

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:31 am

Thanks for starting this, forgot we had a cup game this week! :oops:
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gilbaldo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:43 am

According to the Accies twitter feed, it's only £10 for adults and £5 for concessions.
I would hope for continuity of selection and wouldn't change a thing.
But this will be a tricky tie, we have slipped up in Kirkcaldy on more than a few occasions and they won well at the weekend.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:24 pm

First game of the season for me, hope we play our strongest team and try for a decent cup run this year.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:43 pm

hope we play our strongest team and try for a decent cup run this year.

History doesn’t tend to support your hopes. With the Hearts game coming up I think Martin will make a few changes. Martin in goal with Macdonald at left back. Docherty to get a full 90 minutes resting Gillespie especially if he took knock and danny redmond to come on in place of Imrie. We shall see.
Alfie Olek

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:37 pm

I would imagine Nade would start against his own team.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby ggr » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:33 pm

Good interview with Kevin Cuthbert previewing the game on the Raith Website

http://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv?vid=409
ggr
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:26 pm

Has to be the same team again. Why on earth would he change it? Team should be perfectly capable of playing three games in 8 days.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Gilbaldo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:07 am

Jon Daly is likely to make his debut for Raith after signing for them yesterday.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby accie » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:52 pm

Should be a good battle between Lucas and Daly.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Tumbleweed » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:04 pm

Good bits - nice reception for Cat. A Nade goal. £10 admission.

Bad bits - pretty much everything else. Crap tactics (I assume we had tactics) crap performances, crap effort, crap upon crap upon crap. Why do we go to Cup games? Not interested in progressing and allowed rovers to make us look just a bit embarrassing.

I know it's about staying in the SPFL, but this was just crap. A waste of our carbon footprint travelling tonight.
Tumbleweed
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:19 pm

Well Martin did make some changes with imrie and Morris on the bench and Gillespie injured. this allowed Longridge and Docherty to play from the start with Nade up front. First half was totally forgettable and we never got going. Long ridge got hooked at halftime, maybe he was injured, and Imrie replaced him. Second half we did come into it and got a few corners. Nade helped the ball into the net and after that I was getting ready for extra time but no Raith got the winner. Raith looked as though they were up for it from the off while we Huffed and puffed.
Alfie Olek

Postby simonswimmer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:49 pm

This was the first game I've been able to go to this season, and despite the result I actually quite enjoyed the game. New guys looked great, and accies were by far the better team. Hopefully Gillespie will be back for the weekend as it seems his absence may have been the difference tonight.

Great reception for Cuthbert at the start of the 2nd half - accies legend.
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:04 am

Really poor performance. No matter what you say about staying up we should be beating Raith Rovers. Morris and Gillespie will make a difference but Imrie won't. Hopefully this new guy's good but I'd like Redmond to come back as Imrie and Longridge are offering next to nothing. Need to really pick ourselves up as Hearts are on fire.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:16 am

accies1874 wrote:Really poor performance. No matter what you say about staying up we should be beating Raith Rovers. Morris and Gillespie will make a difference but Imrie won't. Hopefully this new guy's good but I'd like Redmond to come back as Imrie and Longridge are offering next to nothing. Need to really pick ourselves up as Hearts are on fire.

Interesting
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:11 am

Poor stuff indeed we dominated play but didn't hurt them enough and 2 poorly defended goals have them the win. We missed the underrated Gills and Longridge was anonymous before being replaced by the more effective Imrie. After scoring there should only have been one winner but we let them back in and we were sluggish. Bringing on Boyd was a strange one and perhaps a sign we were not 100% up for this, that we kept a striker on the bench confirms that for me.
Bringing in another striker makes sense to replace Chammoro but we also need width and I am not convinced Redmond is the answer?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:07 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Poor stuff indeed we dominated play but didn't hurt them enough and 2 poorly defended goals have them the win. We missed the underrated Gills and Longridge was anonymous before being replaced by the more effective Imrie. After scoring there should only have been one winner but we let them back in and we were sluggish. Bringing on Boyd was a strange one and perhaps a sign we were not 100% up for this, that we kept a striker on the bench confirms that for me.
Bringing in another striker makes sense to replace Chammoro but we also need width and I am not convinced Redmond is the answer?

Neither am I but I can't really see us bringing in any more if we get this defender too. He did alright out there under Neil.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Accies73 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:52 pm

Result didnt surprise. Cup competions do not seem to matter to Accies but do to the fans especially the Scottish Cup. No surprise to see others like Dundee and Partick going out and Motherwell took to extra time, 3 points on saturday is what its all about for all these teams.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby Don van Vliet » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:33 pm

No real surprise, as has been stated. What is a suprise is the the stats for possession and shots shown on the BBC match report. That would imply a completely one-sided affair, with goal-keeping heroics (well we should know to expect those!).
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bonjella » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:39 pm

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Bonjella
Pub League

Next

Return to Match Day Archives