Accies .V. Heart of Midlothian - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Heart of Midlothian - MATCH THREAD

Postby simonswimmer » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:41 pm

I think today might be the most I've enjoyed a game since Easter Road promotion. Team was amazing, crazy the difference that Gillespie made compared to the Raith Rovers game.

Hearts manager and fans on the radio all blaming the ref, but it was clear to anyone at the game that accies deserved the win.

What exactly happened with the hearts sub getting booked? Looked like they were throwing stuff on the pitch? Mental. Expect to see players on the field losing the rag in a game like that, but mortifying when substitutes start getting involved. Jordan McGhee winding up the accies fans - must be hitting a major beamer now.
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:57 pm

simonswimmer wrote:I think today might be the most I've enjoyed a game since Easter Road promotion. Team was amazing, crazy the difference that Gillespie made compared to the Raith Rovers game.

Hearts manager and fans on the radio all blaming the ref, but it was clear to anyone at the game that accies deserved the win.

What exactly happened with the hearts sub getting booked? Looked like they were throwing stuff on the pitch? Mental. Expect to see players on the field losing the rag in a game like that, but mortifying when substitutes start getting involved. Jordan McGhee winding up the accies fans - must be hitting a major beamer now.

When Patterson was down killing time on his way off he removed his shin pads - Lucas got them and threw them to the side of the hearts bench - the hearts sub then went and got them from the touchline and threw them back on - Lucas repeated his act and so did the Hearts guy on the bench. Karma that it came back to haunt them :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:02 pm

I love Lucas. His passion is incredible.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:38 pm

We committed 16 fouls today, according to the BBC website stats, and received 7 yellow cards.

Just up the road, Celtic also committed 16 fouls (same source), and received no yellow cards at all.

An interesting comparison. :roll:
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:47 pm

Willie, I think we deserved all those cards, we were quite cynical at times. Gillespie committed a very good cynical pull back, I forget the score at the time, but they were breaking quickly from our attack. Collum got a lot right (although didn't add on enough time, the monkey!) and he actually did us a favour at least twice by not showing a card when the offence definitely merited it. Mackinnon early in the start of the second half was one and he went on to get booked. I think Imrie was another. I expect a lot of moans from their fans about our fouling, can't believe it was only 16, but you know what, I'm glad we've got a bit of hardness about us and hopefully the days of little old Hamilton Accies, pat them on the head, are gone.

An amazing game, had everything. I thought if Hearts ever got ahead we would lose, shows what I know. I know it was 10 men but you've still got to put them away and we failed against Thistle. Gillespie absolutely outstanding. "Pish" did someone say recently? Ali I've mentioned elsewhere, amazing two footed ability to score and threading passes through the eye of a needle. Defence a bit slow at times and both goals were poor. Three in a row and away at Perth next. Onwards and hopefully upwards.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:48 pm

Whilst I am enjoying holding some posters to account for their previous predictions, I must admit I previously (repeatedly) described Gills as 'perhaps the worst Accies player ever to make 100 appearances for the club' :oops: doh. :roll: :lol:

In the last 13 months he has hardly ever looked out of place in the SPFL and is flourishing after being given a regular role and position. Deserved man of the match today even with Ali's top class goal.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:56 pm

I've given Canning and co. plenty of pelters since January but today and last week have been absolutely brilliant - especially today. Played some great stuff and scored some great goals and his (and the board's) signings have looked very good.
The same could be said for Gillespie. Him and MacKinnon have probably been the 2 players that have been the subject of most of my online moaning but he's been excellent the last 3 league games and bossed the midfield.
Delighted for all of them.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:21 pm

Forgot to say, a few folk at half time were saying it should be 2 or 3-0. The good thing for Daz after his appalling miss was that we scored right after. Had he scored we would surely have shut up shop to get to the break ahead. So his miss didn't matter.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby DC United » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:06 pm

WHAT A RESULT! As much as I can remember enjoying a game ever!

A couple of sitters missed in a fairly even first half, which we did well to go in 1 up following a defensive clanger. Second half we didn't turn up for the first 20 minutes and conceded two sloppy goals. And then.............

McKinnon goes in hard as Paterson comes flying in, reacts, causing the Hearts team to kick off. Paterson off, McKinnon lucky to stay on, as was Baubin. McHattie (no. 3 - the sub) does his best to wind up the crowd, throwing the shin pads on. Rightly booked by Collum (who had a pretty good game). Ali scores a goal of the season contender and Accies keep on at Hearts, scoring a scappy effort from a corner, leading to pandamonium! McHattie slinks off and Accies hold on comfortably.

Carlsberg don't do Scottish football matches.. :D
DC United
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:26 pm

redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:32 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:One for us all ( :?: ) to enjoy

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php ... ard-video/

The reaction from the Hearts fans is just as good as the highlights! I do love it when the opposition are completely seething.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:38 pm

Absolutely brilliant. Days like today is why we love football. Great match, great drama, great goal, great result.

Probably one of the best games I've been at and certainly the best since Easter road.

Loved Alis 'too small' celebration and gills made a massive difference. Big Lucas is really looking a player and seems to have a real passion for the club. No failures at all today though. Everyone battled hard for the team and each other. There seems a great spirit and belief about the squad which is a great thing.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:33 am

Would also like to say, I have gave canning some stick in the past but he got it spot on yesterday. From his starting 11 to his subs and tactics when they went a man down. So credit where credits due. Well done canzo and all involved.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:03 am

They hate us now. We've arrived folks!

Doesn't look like a red from that and we're unlikely to see any better footage given it wasn't covered by Sky or BT or even Alba. Interesting point about the first goal, did Kurtaj definitely get a touch to it. Maybe McGovern should claim it!
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Red_Adair » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Red_Adair
Pub League

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:14 pm

Delighted with the result, performance was good, mostly, as well.

Poor defending for both Hearts goals and I thought Sow was offside in the build up to their first goal.

Patterson should not have been red carded, it seems he falls/stumbles into Darian.....it certainly didn't look brilliant in real time.

The Hearts fans are bleeting and moaning about everything and anything......they don't like us, we beat them and they disrespect us by calling us 'nobodies'.....that really annoys me!

In addition, Morris looked in an offside position for Zeus' goal......happy to take that break as well.

The return fixture in November should be interesting......Ali's celebration was fantastic........pmsl......
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Admin » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:38 pm

Clearer footage with the incident around 1m7s in - the slow motion replay does show that he was a little reckless going in, and he certainly did send Daz flying...

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:05 pm

Watching the highlight back, I'm not convinced kurtaj gets a touch for the first goal. Could it have been a McGovern goal?
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Beastie » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:56 pm

Red and white hoops wrote:Watching the highlight back, I'm not convinced kurtaj gets a touch for the first goal. Could it have been a McGovern goal?

That's the way I see it too. I've rerun it a few times and I think the ball goes straight in from McGovern.
Beastie
Pub League

Postby Colombian Boffin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:36 am

In the "cold light of day" I am still smiling two days on! This team has recovered their fantastic attitude; the new signings are very good; our players fought when they needed to; came back brilliantly after the sending off when Hearts lost the plot; Ally's celebration after his wonder strike; the game had it all from our point of view.

Hopefully the bookings won't come back to haunt us in terms of suspensions, and that some of our players aren't "marked" by refs - but 10 points from the first 5 games is better than I had expected.

On seeing the tackle over and over, I think the red is totally understandable and I thought Collum had a good day. Paterson goes to ground and right through McKinnon. He might have given a yellow but I can see how a red was more likely in real time. I do think Kurakins was lucky to only get a yellow for his challenge. These all even out over a season, and Hearts lost their discipline - Accies didn't.

Who knows how good this season could be - especially sweet after all the pundits' predictions!
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives