Accies .V. Heart of Midlothian - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Heart of Midlothian - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:17 pm

Can we make it 3 wins on the trot, and give these upstarts their first loss of the season? Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Heart of Midlothian - MATCH THREAD

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:58 pm

Hopefully 4 wins, including the cup game in mid week.

A massive game against a high flying Hearts team - a draw would be more than decent for us in this one.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:40 pm

I think a draw would be a very good result.

Hearts seem to be playing some good football going forward, not so solid at the back, according my Jambo buddy............

Fingers crossed 1-1.........
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby DC United » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:22 pm

I heard from a Hearts fan their ticket allocation is sold out. Is the game all ticket or can you pay at the gate in the home end?
DC United
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:56 pm

You can pay in at the home end, so this has the clear potential for away fans to be in the home end - but I am sure the club has thought of that :roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Originals1874 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:22 pm

With all the new signings, we definitely have goals in the team. And with Lucas and Jesus looking very solid at the back right now we should definitely be setting ourselves to go at them! 2-2 for me but can see us sneaking a win and hopefully putting an end to that 100% record of theirs!
Originals1874
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:04 pm

Hope a lot of our lapsed supporters turn out for this......always good to defeat a side with a big away support.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Acciesyungfan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:50 am

Will be attending my first game of this season, looking forward to seeing the new players and how the old ones are blending in with the new.

I dont think we will win this. Something tells me 2-1 Hearts or perhaps a draw.

There will be BTTS though.
Acciesyungfan
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:39 pm

After the Inverness game I was optimistic but after the Raith games pessimistic. If we play the way we did against Dunee United then We should get some kind of result. A score draw would be a reasonable outcome. Interesting to see if our new striker gets thrown in from the off and if so how we set the team up.
Alfie Olek

Postby Whiskeytown » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:14 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:After the Inverness game I was optimistic but after the Raith games pessimistic. If we play the way we did against Dunee United then We should get some kind of result. A score draw would be a reasonable outcome. Interesting to see if our new striker gets thrown in from the off and if so how we set the team up.

If MC had really wanted to progress in the cup he would have put on Morris as soon as we went 2-1 down and paired him with Nade. I think he did want to win but when that goal went in just settled for a defeat and perhaps thought it might be better in the long run to be out the cup. Tomorrow will be a different kettle of fish. We are good at home, comfortable on the new surface already, it's a far bigger pitch than Stark's Park and we have a chance to prove folk wrong again. All the pressure is on them. I think we'll get something. D'Acol is supposed to be a couple of weeks away fitness wise, so it will probably be after the international break before we see him.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Don van Vliet » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:
Alfie Olek wrote:After the Inverness game I was optimistic but after the Raith games pessimistic. If we play the way we did against Dunee United then We should get some kind of result. A score draw would be a reasonable outcome. Interesting to see if our new striker gets thrown in from the off and if so how we set the team up.

If MC had really wanted to progress in the cup he would have put on Morris as soon as we went 2-1 down and paired him with Nade. I think he did want to win but when that goal went in just settled for a defeat and perhaps thought it might be better in the long run to be out the cup. Tomorrow will be a different kettle of fish. We are good at home, comfortable on the new surface already, it's a far bigger pitch than Stark's Park and we have a chance to prove folk wrong again. All the pressure is on them. I think we'll get something. D'Acol is supposed to be a couple of weeks away fitness wise, so it will probably be after the international break before we see him.

I'd be interested to know how you know this?

As has been said previously, he looks a good acquisition on paper and the youtube footage is encouraging too, albeit against fairly lowly opposition. I do suspect that this could lead to us being more likely to play 2 up at least more regularly than now. I suspect Morris is growing in confidence after his goal against ICT. The way he fooled the defender with a barely detectable movement was a pleasure to see and bodes well.

In terms of how the match will go, I'm not too pessimistic following the Raith exit. There is no obvious read-across from that match to the Hearts game, as so many other factors come into play. Hopefully there will be a good atmosphere and decent highlights on telly for those if us watching from afar.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:20 pm

D'Acol's fitness position was from an interview with MC in the advertiser.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Don van Vliet wrote:
As has been said previously, he looks a good acquisition on paper and the youtube footage is encouraging too, albeit against fairly lowly opposition. I do suspect that this could lead to us being more likely to play 2 up at least more regularly than now. I suspect Morris is growing in confidence after his goal against ICT. The way he fooled the defender with a barely detectable movement was a pleasure to see and bodes well.

To be fair to ICT I think it was midfielder he fooled who stood-in as part of a makeshift defence because of injuries. Still take nothing away from Morris, it was intelligent play and finish from him.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby AlMac » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:00 pm

Fantastic result and well done to everyone. Just finished listening to open all mics in Spain and need a cold drink! 8-) Mon the accies !
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Jacobsladder » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:02 pm

Totally brilliant been following the Hammy Ad Twitter feed from the Algarve and now I'm in the mood to celebrate - great win
Jacobsladder
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:21 pm

Outstanding result and what a game to watch - it had a wee bit of everything. Ali's goal was top class, with him Gills bossing it in the middle, ably assisted with Dazz doing all the stuff that nobody likes but its what stops teams dominating us. Great performances all over the park - even with 2 sitters missed :oops:. Kurakins is a bit of a worry, he followed up his nervous Tuesday with a very nervous game today, he needs to get in there and stop hanging back and always passing inside and passing responsibility - he has it but he needs to step up a gear - his failure for their second was school boy stuff.

Happy days.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:29 pm

For once Chic Young had it spot on on BBC. Game of the Season in the SPL. From wheer I sit their 2nd gaol had two Hearts players offside when the ball was kicked. Linesman 3 yards behind the play.

Two sitters missed in second half which would have put the game beyond the Jam Tarts. This who stayed away missed one of the best games at NDP since it opened.

And loads of income too from the sell of Hearst crowd. Thank you very much!!! :D :D :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:42 pm

Lovely.

That is all.
Tumbleweed
Pub League

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:46 pm

One of the best games I've ever seen at NDP.

The league leaders arrived with their tails up, and gave us a real game. Hearts played the same sort of slick passing football we try to play - but we played it better, in the first half, anyway. Alexander doesn't make that top corner save from Crawford, Kurtaj scores when he's one-on-one, and we go in 3-0 up. As it was, 1-0 was probably just about fair, but there's no doubting we had the better chances.

Second half and both teams start to mix it a bit. Great strike for their second goal, but at least one of Kurakins and Kurtaj should have been close enough to stop it. Poor defending by us for both of their goals, then it all bubbled over, and it seemed to affect Hearts more. Maybe they should have sat in and tried to hold on - for a win before Crawford's wonder strike, or settling for a draw afterwards. For whatever reason, they kept on trying to get forward, and we punished them.

Hearts were up for this, make no mistake. But we won the battle, we played the better football, and we took the chances. We deserved to win.

The thing is, we can play better. But even not quite at our best, the commitment was there, fears Hearts would be fitter than us proved groundless, and our tactics were excellent. This bodes very well for the games ahead.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:15 pm

When Kurtaj missed that sitter in the first half I thought here we go, better team in the first half but 0 - 0 at half time and hearts will punish us second but no he makes up for that and sends us in one up. Second half not unexpectedly Hearts came at us and score while we are down to 10 men and not focusing. For the second while it was well struck 2 accies defenders seem to get confused and missed it. At 2 - 1 its still possible we come back into it when all hell lets loose and they get a player red carded presumably for pretending McKinnon had fouled him. Heard one hearts fan on the phone in agreeing it was a red card but said Collum had wound their players up with his refereeing decisions. I actually thought he had not a bad game, tried to let the game flow initially and the yellows were probably all correct including their sub on the bench who kept throwing shin pads back on the park :lol: Then crawford scores another wonder goal before tena at his second attempt drills in the winner. A real game of football. Negatives? Need to look at the goals we let in and tighten things defensively and will Burnley pounce for crawford before the window shuts.
Alfie Olek

Next

Return to Match Day Archives