Accies .V. Heart of Midlothian - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Heart of Midlothian - MATCH THREAD

Postby Gilbaldo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:44 am

Here's this week's Scotsman article;

Well, that was fun. I doubt that anyone really thought Saturday’s game would be anything other than a routine win for Hearts, but Accies were terrific (especially in the first half) and thoroughly deserved the win. Robbie Neilson’s comments afterwards were an expertly delivered exercise in deflection; he knew his team were second best and wanted something else to be on the agenda. Everyone knows Willie Collum can be card-happy, but when a player sends someone flying into the air with a tackle he must leave himself vulnerable to being sent off.

Happily, all the shenanigans didn’t manage to take the spotlight away from Ali Crawford, whose passing and shooting with both feet was a joy to behold. I was right behind him when his shot arrowed into the top corner and it was absolutely stunning. But this was a superb team performance and Martin Canning will have been delighted with all of them.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby Colombian Boffin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:28 am

Too true!

I am looking forward to the transfer window shutting, and if we're doing well in January I think we should man some sentry posts around NDP and let no-one leave!
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:43 am

I know we don't like getting in people's way but surely there's enough money in the bank for us to afford not to sell Crawford. One more season please...
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Beastie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:10 pm

There's a Jambo at my work...I've been looking for him all morning to ask how his weekend was. He's disappeared for some reason! :lol:
Beastie
Pub League

Postby Gilbaldo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:18 pm

Good luck trying to keep a straight face.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beastie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:20 pm

Gilbaldo wrote:Here's this week's Scotsman article;

Well, that was fun. I doubt that anyone really thought Saturday’s game would be anything other than a routine win for Hearts, but Accies were terrific (especially in the first half) and thoroughly deserved the win. Robbie Neilson’s comments afterwards were an expertly delivered exercise in deflection; he knew his team were second best and wanted something else to be on the agenda. Everyone knows Willie Collum can be card-happy, but when a player sends someone flying into the air with a tackle he must leave himself vulnerable to being sent off.

Happily, all the shenanigans didn’t manage to take the spotlight away from Ali Crawford, whose passing and shooting with both feet was a joy to behold. I was right behind him when his shot arrowed into the top corner and it was absolutely stunning. But this was a superb team performance and Martin Canning will have been delighted with all of them.

All good points, but Neilson's antics are also a case study in how not to lose with good grace. Hearts came to NDP filled with their own sense of superiority and they're blaming everyone but themselves.
I travelled to the match on a train from Edinburgh which was packed with Hearts fans convinced that an easy win awaited them, which makes this victory even sweeter.
I think that Neilson preparing his team to play with ten men tells us something about how he was approaching the game. Patterson was on the edge all through the game...aggressive and simmering with anger, a red card waiting to happen. It may have been that which influenced the referee as much as anything else?
At any rate, Neilson didn't make a very good job of preparing his team to play with ten men :)
Beastie
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:48 pm

I don't get the routine win for Hearts angle.We have been unbeaten at home since February and played well the last two SPL games,plus Hearts have been lucky their two away games.
At 2-1,I thought the worst we would get was a draw.Once 2-2,only one winner.The pleasing thing we should take out of this game is the old "we are Hamilton Accies,we never give up" mantra is back in business.Add that to players playing for the jersey and it was a great day.More fans in the home end also.Long may it continue.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:42 pm

The initial reaction of Hearts fans after the game was that we were the better team and deserved the win. Then however they worked themselves up into a lather over the sending off and Collum which is a pity because it has detracted from a great competitive game of football and an excellent performance from Accies. Now some of them are talking in terms of our next meeting at tynecastle as a revenge match. Disappointing response from fans who before the game for the most part were taking a level headed approach.
Alfie Olek

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:37 pm

More highlights, albeit not the best quality:

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:40 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:I don't get the routine win for Hearts angle.We have been unbeaten at home since February and played well the last two SPL games,plus Hearts have been lucky their two away games.
At 2-1,I thought the worst we would get was a draw.Once 2-2,only one winner.The pleasing thing we should take out of this game is the old "we are Hamilton Accies,we never give up" mantra is back in business.Add that to players playing for the jersey and it was a great day.More fans in the home end also.Long may it continue.

Agree with everything else you say, but see the bit in bold? It sounds great, but how many games is it? Six?
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby jelder » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:01 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:I don't get the routine win for Hearts angle.We have been unbeaten at home since February and played well the last two SPL games,plus Hearts have been lucky their two away games.

Agree with everything else you say, but see the bit in bold? It sounds great, but how many games is it? Six?

Eight
jelder
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Paterson’s red card has been rescinded :lol: That will get the jambos frothing at the mouth.
Alfie Olek

Postby Gaspode » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:31 pm

Oh dear, might just pop in to pish and bollox to see what the level of seethe is like :lol:
Gaspode
Championship

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives