Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Dundee United - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Dundee United - MATCH THREAD

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:28 am

If we start the same team as Saturday with Mackinnon playing instead of turner - 2 0 Dundee Utd

If we mix it up a bit with Nade / Morris upfront or Kurtaj playing the #22 role then 1 (or 2) -1 Accies
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Accies73 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:34 am

AWAY WIN
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:49 pm

I notice a County fan said on Pie and Bovril that Kurtaj looked a class above. I thought this too during his brief cameo against Thistle. Surely he has to now start matches? Perhaps there are flaws in his game that we don't know about, perhaps he doesn't work as hard defensively, who knows but if he is a class above that should be showing in training. I will lose the will to live if we persist with Imrie and Longridge. They are good subs to have handy but should be given a spell out of the side. If Killie can get a draw with Celtic we can win this game but I'd take a draw right now.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:22 pm

United showed on Tuesday night in the derby game that they are vulnerable to fast tempo counterattacking play so that will be 2 - 0 to United then ;)
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:51 pm

Re Kurtaj, how much cover does he need to give when we have 4 at the back protected by a sitting midfielder. I would like to see him come in; but that might mean Crawford being pushed out wide given our short comings there. be interesting to see how much trouble Nade can give them.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby NaeVay » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:32 pm

Bring on the pumping.
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby monkeybones » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:15 am

Another loss.

i hate to see anyone lose a job but canning isn't cut out for the job. The gamble failed. With the try to promote from within again.

So maybe another home loss may force him to quit or the club to act.
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:26 am

Missing this one sadly as I'm going to be down in England.
Nade has shown his strenghts, he's not a finisher but an effective player up front. Hopefully Morris will start to find an eye for goal.
Kurtaj does need to be given a chance over Longridge. I am a big fan of Dougie, mostly for workrate over anything else though.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:38 pm

monkeybones wrote:So maybe another home loss may force him to quit or the club to act.

We haven't lost at home since Aberdeen on the 15th February.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:38 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
monkeybones wrote:So maybe another home loss may force him to quit or the club to act.

We haven't lost at home since Aberdeen on the 15th February.

There is no place on here for inconvenient facts like that.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby AlMac » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:47 pm

Gutted I'm not at the game today. 3-0 up and it's not even half time yet!! :D
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby DC United » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:09 pm

That'll get a lot of people thinking! Couldn't make it but pleased to see Longridge drop out and a change up front. Great result.
DC United
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:12 pm

United were poor but we played some glorious stuff in the first half. The trifecta of Crawford, Kurtaj and Morris were all magic and tore United apart and Gillespie was pulled all the strings in the middle. Second half was poor but we didn't need to be good yet still managed to score! Hopefully Lucas isn't out for too long.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Great result and performance, no failures with Gills, Daz and Ali ruling the midfield and our defenders all over them. Kurtaj was always comfy on the ball with a great touch and able to hold the ball off easily; even playing on his wrong side he was impressive and but for poor finishing (which we can rectify) he will get better.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:30 pm

See what happens when he plays the right team.As plenty of us have said,not much between the teams bar the top 3,still need a striker I feel.Could be the difference once injuries bite.The lad Morris only here till January remember.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Burst Baws » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:47 pm

Perhaps Canning should listen to you next week YOH, you seem to have all the answers when it comes to starting line ups.
United offered nothing, a shadow of last seasons team but we absolutely dominated and didn't give them a minute on the ball. The confidence and swagger was back and at no point did they look like gaining ascendancy. Too many pass marks to mention and when we 'play the right team' we are more than a match for most.
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:50 pm

The first half was the best 45 minutes of football from Hamilton since Alex left. Judgeflash called it correctly in his earlier post. The introduction of Morris and Kurtaj made all the difference. Lost count of the number of corners Kurtaj got us. Both players to remain permanent fixtures IMO. Still need a striker as others have said and still no place for mcKinnon in my team. Could start an argument in an empty room, but Imrie was more like himself. Overall a very surprising but pleasing result.
Alfie Olek

Postby AmanAccie » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:12 pm

I thought McKinnon was very useful the day, 1st half in particular. As has been said Kurtaj and Morris on made all the difference and we pummeled UTD in the 1st 30 minutes. Very encouraging stuff and certainly more confident of having an alright season. We need big Lucas fit asap though.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:21 pm

Just awesome! Every player on top of their game. Kurtaj a class above at times and yet another left foot strike from wee Ali. Daz is a ned and got caught up in a needless scuffle but he too was superb. Gillespie? I hope the doubters watched him closely today, doubt he put a foot wrong. Ziggy great at right back then centre half. Jesus spraying the passes around as usual. Great to see Morris and Nade both on the mark. The big Norwich lad did very well and got his first senior league goal.

Imrie must be knackered the power of work he put in, while Kurakins is another class buy. McGovern dealt with what little they had to throw at him with his usual competence. Hope big Lucas is ok, another majestic display. Hopefully a few folk will return to the fold for the Hearts game, which already looks a cracker.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Next

Return to Match Day Archives