Accies .V. Dundee United - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Dundee United - MATCH THREAD

Postby porcupine » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:13 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:Just awesome! Every player on top of their game. Kurtaj a class above at times and yet another left foot strike from wee Ali. Daz is a ned and got caught up in a needless scuffle but he too was superb. Gillespie? I hope the doubters watched him closely today, doubt he put a foot wrong. Ziggy great at right back then centre half. Jesus spraying the passes around as usual. Great to see Morris and Nade both on the mark. The big Norwich lad did very well and got his first senior league goal.

Imrie must be knackered the power of work he put in, while Kurakins is another class buy. McGovern dealt with what little they had to throw at him with his usual competence. Hope big Lucas is ok, another majestic display. Hopefully a few folk will return to the fold for the Hearts game, which already looks a cracker.

Nothing much more to add. Whiskeytown sums is up perfectly/ Those who missed the game, missed a great team effort & performance. TACTICS SPOT ON TOO!

Where is HCRX now??? :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:50 pm

Great first half, totally dominant against a poor Utd team.
Second half was just played out without much happening, but we still managed a late goal.
Very enjoyable and should renew confidence...hopefully the start of the successful Canning era ;)
Euan
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Burst Baws wrote:Perhaps Canning should listen to you next week YOH, you seem to have all the answers when it comes to starting line ups.
United offered nothing, a shadow of last seasons team but we absolutely dominated and didn't give them a minute on the ball. The confidence and swagger was back and at no point did they look like gaining ascendancy. Too many pass marks to mention and when we 'play the right team' we are more than a match for most.

Maybe he should.He picked the team I was advocating last 2 weeks.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:03 am

Jackie Mac's interview on the BBC website implies we kicked them off the park. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33949489

Sore loser. The truth is we played it on the deck from the start, and outplayed United. The suggestion that we were hoofing it is nonsense, and United were certainly no Brazilians. We never looked in any danger of losing that game. On another day we could have won by even more, but 4-0 was a fair reflection.

Martin's comments, by contrast, are sensible and measured.

Let's hope there's more of that to come. At the very least, it was a great confidence booster, and a pleasure to watch.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:12 pm

porcupine wrote:
Whiskeytown wrote:Just awesome! Every player on top of their game. Kurtaj a class above at times and yet another left foot strike from wee Ali. Daz is a ned and got caught up in a needless scuffle but he too was superb. Gillespie? I hope the doubters watched him closely today, doubt he put a foot wrong. Ziggy great at right back then centre half. Jesus spraying the passes around as usual. Great to see Morris and Nade both on the mark. The big Norwich lad did very well and got his first senior league goal.

Imrie must be knackered the power of work he put in, while Kurakins is another class buy. McGovern dealt with what little they had to throw at him with his usual competence. Hope big Lucas is ok, another majestic display. Hopefully a few folk will return to the fold for the Hearts game, which already looks a cracker.

Nothing much more to add. Whiskeytown sums is up perfectly/ Those who missed the game, missed a great team effort & performance. TACTICS SPOT ON TOO!

Where is HCRX now??? :lol:

You emply I'm hiding because we got a good win! Look at the forum Dbag and you will see me congratulating canning etc on the win!

I'm not a hypocrite or a happy clapper, I'm happy when the team wins.

your attempt to score points is juvenile and sad!

Again well done martin and the teem on a fantastic result!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby ggr » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:41 pm

H9crx wrote:I'm not a happy clapper, I'm happy when the team wins.

Well, If you're happy and you know it...
;)
ggr
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:33 pm

ggr wrote:
H9crx wrote:I'm not a happy clapper, I'm happy when the team wins.

Well, If you're happy and you know it...
;)

He is still hiding from the question if Ihe would drop his sack canning criteria for him to return, if Martin has a good season.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:31 pm

If canning keeps us up!

Now we are all happy
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:36 pm

H9crx wrote:If canning keeps us up!

Now we are all happy

Great thanks, I did suspect that amongst your attempt the dress it up as some principled effort your absence just basically came down to good old fashioned dumping your team when the results went against them.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby WILF » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:46 pm

Great result yesterday and 4 points from our first 3 matches must be considered successful.
2 of our summer signings scoring. The other 2 impressing.
Other established players contributing well.
Good times.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:33 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:
H9crx wrote:If canning keeps us up!

Now we are all happy

BLOW ME
Last edited by H9crx on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby saturdaysanny » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:36 pm

This constant tirade of abuse directed at Canning and Co, was really all about a fathers angst when their son wants to follow a big team like St.Johnstone.

Lets face it you just can't be bothered with the hassle of traveling from Perth.

Never really a true fan.
saturdaysanny
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:51 pm

saturdaysanny wrote:This constant tirade of abuse directed at Canning and Co, was really all about a fathers angst when their son wants to follow a big team like St.Johnstone.

Lets face it you just can't be bothered with the hassle of traveling from Perth.

Never really a true fan.

Now, Now the "abuse" as you call it is more than justified!

True Fan??? Would you like to explain a definition and how you fall into this category and I don't.

Many factors keep people away from NDP none of which need to be justified to you.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby saturdaysanny » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:08 pm

In my opinion, a true fan is someone who sticks by their team thru good times and bad and stays with them regardless of where they live.
saturdaysanny
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:31 pm

I never said I would not be a fan any more.

As a fan I have the right to voice my views when I think mistakes have been made.

But some people can see no wrong in what has happened.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:28 pm

Looks like the multi-personality that is H9 has struck again. He posted earlier that his geography and family position was actually why he wasn't at games - but he has edited and removed that post.

That is despite saying all along that the BoD and Canning had driven him (and others) away; and only a matter of days after he said he was absolutely staying away until Canning left, the club showed ambition and we stopped being a pub team! He has then spent the last few days resenting any satisfaction showed by Accies fans and building this up (or lying) that everyone thinks that everything is sorted. He also hinted that he might come back if results improve.

A total Walter Mitty rage merchant :evil: who drops his team when the going gets tough and wants to blame someone else for this.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:49 pm

I thought the Alba edit was a bit stingy towards us. Only about four minutes shown before Ali's goal, missing out a lot of our good play and then showing as much of the non-event second half as the first. You would also wonder why we were raving about Kurtaj. Plus it clashed with Sportscene so anyone wanting to save it on HD, ie me, was out of luck. Some decent, if brief, analysis of our pressing game on Sportscene.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby H9crx » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:34 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Looks like the multi-personality that is H9 has struck again. He posted earlier that his geography and family position was actually why he wasn't at games - but he has edited and removed that post.

That is despite saying all along that the BoD and Canning had driven him (and others) away; and only a matter of days after he said he was absolutely staying away until Canning left, the club showed ambition and we stopped being a pub team! He has then spent the last few days resenting any satisfaction showed by Accies fans and building this up (or lying) that everyone thinks that everything is sorted. He also hinted that he might come back if results improve.

A total Walter Mitty rage merchant :evil: who drops his team when the going gets tough and wants to blame someone else for this.

Yip spot on now your maws got the tee on.
H9crx
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives