Accies v Aberdeen

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies v Aberdeen

Postby porcupine » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:52 pm

Superb result. Other than for about 10 minutes we dominated the game. BT Sport commentators suggest Ziggy is the best full back in Scotland. It's REALLY about time that someone with clout from the Scotland set-up recognised this too and signed him up before Polska people turn up at NDP with a new shirt for him. Poland play in red and white too!!!!

No failures again. Total team effort, and well done to all.
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Accies v Aberdeen

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:27 pm

We support the best team in Scotland.

That is all.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby RyanT » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:31 pm

Great result, and a well deserved win. We were luck that Aberdeen didn't do more with their chances, but the team handled them very well throughout the game, shutting them down quickly at every turn. Some really nice one touch football on display at times, very slick! Two great goals as well, and some great through plays from Crawford.

Going to have to book a holiday to come over and see a few games :D
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:48 pm

Great team performance with everyone playing a big part.

The current Scotland right back is Alan Hutton who is fast but he struggles to defend and can't cross passed the first man - I honestly can't see Hutton as a better player than Ziggy. Like many players before he will only get a game once/if a move comes to a big team and then overnight he will become a better player apparently.

However - not to worry :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:51 pm

Couldn't make the game, signed up to BT Sport today. A lovely watch! Derek Rae certainly seems to like Accies, not for the first time his comments were full of praise for us and he certainly likes Ziggy Gordon. Maybe the fact he is a chess champion and half Polish tickles the anorak in him! Crowd looked great in the home end, especially on the left side with the kids being moved to the gazebo presumably to fit everybody in. Rae gave crowd as 3,816 but BBC site is saying 4,093.

Two wonderful goals and another superb team effort. Plenty of fouls too though and we were maybe fortunate to get through the first half with no bookings. Ref had a good game, we did deserve 5 yellows with Tena and Imrie being particulary daft. Gillespie now on five bookings which I think triggers a suspension.

Paul Hartley looked distinctly miserable afterwards, probably wondering how his side can beat us next week. I can hardly believe that we have the best attack, best defence, best goal difference and haven't conceded a goal since Tannadice. Our next four fixtures look very winnable and if we were to, maybe we'd have to be taken seriously as title challengers. Did I really say that?
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:13 pm

Superb, brilliant, sensational.

When is this fantastic start to the season going to end? Will it end? Dare we dream about a European adventure.

No failures tonight a fantastic team performance. Passed Aberdeen off the park and the work rate in the team is incredible. Unfair to single out any player as everyone played well.

Whiskeytown, you make a great point about our next four games. I just can't see us getting beat at the moment and if we do go on to win all four, or even win two and draw two We would need to be considered serious contenders

Happy days indeed
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby View From Afar » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:31 pm

A thoroughly deserved win against what was supposed to be an in-form side. Every Accies player in this team works incredibly hard, moves well off the ball, tackles with a passion, looks good in possession and plays with great confidence - Alex has done such a fantastic job to achieve this!

It is a real pleasure to be able to watch Accies with a smile on your face and to turn up for every game knowing that win, lose or draw we will give a good account of ourselves. Great to see such a big home crowd rewarded with a fantastic football display.

And radio mentioned some amazing facts - we have now beaten last season's top 3 clubs in our last three league games plus we've gone 495 mins without conceding a goal and we're undefeated in our last 11 games!!!!!

Quite simply the best Accies team / squad / manager I've ever seen! Thanks guys!
View From Afar
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:41 pm

RyanT wrote:Great result, and a well deserved win. We were luck that Aberdeen didn't do more with their chances, but the team handled them very well throughout the game, shutting them down quickly at every turn. Some really nice one touch football on display at times, very slick! Two great goals as well, and some great through plays from Crawford.

Going to have to book a holiday to come over and see a few games :D

Glad there was at least two of us on the other side of the pond, cheering on the Accies &in the sunshine :lol:

Almost bound to be more live games shown in North America if we continue to be as dominant as this.
Why consider coming over for the European Qualifiers :) :) :)
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Colombian Boffin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:43 am

Couldn't go tonight as not well, but enjoyed the TV.

Best Accies team ever? Certainly since 1935. I have run out of superlatives. Thanks to every single person at the football club.
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby Birf » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:06 am

Dare to dream boys! Dare to dream. Incredible run of performances and result. For a newly promoted team to be doing as well as this come mid October is nothing short of incredible, but so well deserved.
Birf
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:07 am

I've already watched the game twice (once there and the recording when I got home) and this game just epitomises what's been great this season.
We're solid at the back (most of the time), we have a great keeper, our midfield is hard - working and has fantastic technical ability, we pass the ball well, we throw men forward and score goals. Surely this is the best Accies team ever!
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Beastie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:08 am

Colombian Boffin wrote:Couldn't go tonight as not well, but enjoyed the TV.

Best Accies team ever? Certainly since 1935. I have run out of superlatives. Thanks to every single person at the football club.

Likewise...I have run out of words to describe this astonishing wee team of ours. I've had the privilege of being at the three most significant results we have achieved since 1945; in the last six months we have won at Easter Road, Fir Park and Celtic Park, breaking various records in doing so. Everyone has played their part.....best Accies team of the modern era and maybe more? Probably yes...doesn't matter, I'm just proud to be an Accies fan.
Beastie
Pub League

Postby BRAN » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:46 am

Jut watching the re-run on BT Sport - great stuff so far. The DVD highlights for this season are going to have to be a box set :D
BRAN
Pub League

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:22 am

BRAN wrote:Jut watching the re-run on BT Sport - great stuff so far. The DVD highlights for this season are going to have to be a box set :D

indeed, beastie your going to be busy at the end of the season.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Park Materson » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:29 am

Brilliant display yet again and decent 4000 crowd considering the obvious.(live tv and Friday night when coronation street is on etc) Wish the Hugh Keevins and Mark Guidi's of this world would realize that accies are not the only club who don't attract the crowds they once did.And what a remarkable uturn from Guidi on Radio Clyde who arrogantly dismissed accies as drop certainties after the Inverness game,jumping on the "always knew accies would come good" bandwagon.Hypocrites!
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gilbaldo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:48 am

Report now published on the OS. I did get a wee bit carried away...

http://www.acciesfc.co.uk/index.php/news/261-accies-3-aberdeen-0
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby simonswimmer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Another incredible result and team performance. Thought imrie was fantastic, he was everywhere in the first half. However, his booking was insane - totally unnecessary foul to commit. Mac was great and glad he got a goal too. He seems leaner and fitter this season, but retains his strength in holding up the play and in the air. Devlin and Jesus so solid at the back too. Wonder if canning will automatically walk back into the starting 11 when he's fit again. No weak links in the accies team to be honest, has been that way for weeks. Assists from Redmond and Crawford were pinpoint. McGovern is a machine. The team is off the scale.

Good for the team to be playing in front of a near full house, they deserve that.

On the downside, I had some friends try and buy tickets for the home end (15 mins before kick off) but were turned away and told the main stand was sold out. However, although it was busy there were still plenty of empty seats so it was a shame that people were getting knocked back. I guess the crowd was bigger than the club anticipated but hopefully they'll look at making use of the mini stand in future rather than turning people away.
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby Beastie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:23 pm

Red and white hoops wrote:
BRAN wrote:Jut watching the re-run on BT Sport - great stuff so far. The DVD highlights for this season are going to have to be a box set :D

indeed, beastie your going to be busy at the end of the season.

Yup! Maybe I should start working on Volume 1 now?
Beastie
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:27 pm

Report now published on the OS. I did get a wee bit carried away...

Don’t think so at all. We might as well bask in the current success. It has surprised many of us. I really enjoyed the game and the atmosphere. I was surprised at the crowd. I know the club invited all the youth player' parents and handed out tickets to various groups so perhaps 500 added to the home crowd? but if just a few of them come back and pay at the gate great. Tribute to the announcer also. I was in early and enjoyed the pre match selection. The finale 'Another one bites the dust' got a mention in the Herald :D Can you do something about the mike though. Every announcement seems to break up and its difficult to make out anything. A few nice touches including the pipe band and footballs getting kicked into the crowd. No real weaknesses and given longridge and canning are still to come back perhaps the squad not lacking too much. I wonder though if we will see Canning come back other than as a sub. The ‘new' defence is coping very well and if the emphasis is on youth I think alex may stick with the current back four.
Alfie Olek

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:05 pm

SSN said that Canning and Routledge were fit for last night. Knew Neil would have to pick the same team again but wondered if both might be on the bench. Not that usual to have a centre half on the bench so it might well be that he is in the stand until he gets back in the side. Devlin cannot be dropped at the moment. Tena is one of the best defenders I've ever seen for Accies, coming close to, dare I say it, Big Marko.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Next

Return to Match Day Archives