Accies .V. Partick Thistle - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Partick Thistle - MATCH THREAD

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:13 pm

Accies to win 3-1.......Kurtaj to reek havoc.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:08 pm

Aye, this is a real six pointer... NOT.

I'm looking forward to seeing our new look team in action, and sizing up the first of the opposition. Who knows how the season will pan out, this is only game one. I hope to see a steady performance, keep it tight at the back, and hopefully a few goals. It would be great to get off to a winning start, but not the end of the world if we don't.

Keep calm and watch the Accies. 8-)
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:34 pm

C'mon Accies,really looking forward to tomorrow.going with blind optimism,considering some of our results against them last season,but hope we can get off to a good start.2-0.then on to the comedy night in the function suite after the game,so hoping for a good day all round!big Lucas first goal.
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:52 am

Can only see Kurakins, Turner and Nade starting from the new players. Every game will be tough this season but Partick are just about our level so we need to be taking points off these teams.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:50 pm

I hope I'm wrong but that starting line up looks as if it is lacking in any one to put the ball in the net!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:08 pm

H9crx wrote:I hope I'm wrong but that starting line up looks as if it is lacking in any one to put the ball in the net!

Meanwhle Dundee have scored 3 in 46mins away from home with you know who getting in on the action.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:18 pm

Chick says we were fantastic with short passes and played PT of the park. After the sending off we have resorted to hoof ball and have no ideas of what to do!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:38 pm

Sitting in work bored have just backed us @ 3/1 with ten to play.A fool and his money BTW Dundee 4-0 now
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Some decent debuts, some decent play, some bad finishing, some great goal keeping, some good luck, some bad luck and some bad management decisions.

How Longridge got the full game is beyond me, Turner wants to play where Gills was; and not going 2 up against 10 men at home against a tiring team takes some justifying, as does bringing the 'wingers' in the park which just crowded out the space.

Docherty hitting in the inside of the post was almost a goal of the season contender. Those who mocked the signing of Nade can feel free to add their comments now, Lucas was great, Kurakins looked decent and Kurtaj had some decent touches in his short time.
Last edited by redandwhite1874 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby ggr » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:46 pm

H9crx wrote:Chick says we were fantastic with short passes and played PT of the park. After the sending off we have resorted to hoof ball and have no ideas of what to do!

Chic's talking pish as usual.
ggr
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:56 pm

Not sure what to make of that. We seemed to lose fluency after Patrick went down to 10. I’m sorry don’t bring luck into it. Its not about luck its about creating and putting away chances. Crawfords' strike was the best and Cerny showed what a great keeper he is. Then Docherty hits the post and that was about it. No disasters today and the ‘new' defence looks solid with Ziggy back and can only get better as they play alongside each other. Midfield still not there yet apart from Crawford. I suspect Canning still doesn’t know his best team yet but heh we are one point better off than this time last season. Whats the odds on Ali being away by the end of the month?

PS The grey replacement seats somebody mentioned are not grey they are bright red but the surrounding seats are so faded they stick out on a photo almost black !
Alfie Olek

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:12 pm

Agree that we surely should have gone with two up at least late in the game. The midfield wasn't strong enough to do that until Kurtaj and Docherty came on. They both should have started but it's easy with hindsight. Imrie and Turner were lacklustre, with the latter always playing the simple ball. I'm sure he'll get better. Lucas never put a foot wrong and I'm not sure if Kurakins did either. Ziggy and Ali excellent, with Crawford putting through at least three sublime defence splitting passes. Amazing save from Cerny. Greg's goal would have been outstanding, lots of intricate play from several players.

I thought Nade did very well, he did everything asked of him and never really got a sight of goal. Morris looked a bit cumbersome. He probably needs a run in a team, something he's never had but I don't think we can afford that luxury. Salva may put him further down the pecking order. Kurtaj already looks a player, an Andreu type indeed and will surely start the next game.

Ref spot on with the red, another ref may have given him one more foul but they were both bad fouls.

Finally, trivial point but good to see some smashing Accies celebration photos in the lobby. Beats the Celtic homage from before.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:18 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Some decent debuts, some decent play, some bad finishing, some great goal keeping, some good luck, some bad luck and some bad management decisions.

How Longridge got the full game is beyond me, Turner wants to play where Gills was; and not going 2 up against 10 men at home against a tiring team takes some justifying, as does bringing the 'wingers' in the park which just crowded out the space.

Docherty hitting in the inside of the post was almost a goal of the season contender. Those who mocked the signing of Nade can feel free to add their comments now, Lucas was great, Kurakins looked decent and Kurtaj had some decent touches in his short time.

R&W1874's post sums it up very accurately. What MC sees in LL is beyond me too, other than the fact that he can run fast. Would have been one of the first to be subbed IMO, but no, hey-ho, he gets 90 minutes. Docherty is far, far more productive, and justifies a start well before LL.

It IS the first competitive game, and all the new starts did well, with Turner maybe less convincing. He looks to be a red card in the Alex Neil mode at some point! The midfield never really got the ball up to Nade for most of the game, but the best run of play for us was in the last 15/20 minutes. Two points lost however. That's the bottom line.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby NaeVay » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:22 pm

Disappointing not to take the opportunity to get 3 points, especially after the p***k Frans was sent off. Imrie was pish and Turner added little (Chick liked him of course). Good to see Kurtaj come on and he looks very promising as a lot of Accies had hoped.

Would like to see Kurtaj start instead of Imrie next week, alongside Nade. Keep MacKinnon on the bench when he returns from the sin bin.
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:24 pm

Should have moved the ball quicker when they went down to 10 .
Looks we were , at times , just happy not to get beaten .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:34 pm

Clueless Canning will think this is a great result .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:00 pm

Disappointing not to get the three points after playing against ten men for so long. Sounds terrible to say it but you wouldn't know they had the extra man for long periods. Plenty positives to take from the game though. All the new guys done well and after being a critic of nade I must admit he had a good game. Still don't think we have a striker capable of 15+ goals though. People on another thread slating Gillespie, it's all about opinions but I thought he played well today and for me it was Imrie who I felt played very poorly. If it hadn't been for cerny proving what a good keeper he is we'd have won the game. I was really impressed with kurakins at left back and think he'll be a star for us. Remember too, Redmond, devlin and mackinnon have still to come into the squad.

A story going about today that Chamarro is already away. A problem with his registrations apparently. Might tie in with the story about MAC training on Friday. No idea if true however.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:51 am

Could be why he was down as having a squad number! He was in the number 9 in the photos and his name and the number 9 was not on the list.

Don't know if he would have been any good but I was hoping he was going to be a super star.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:57 am

Heard that Redmond has a cruciate injury, which rings a bell as I remember he got a bad injury at the end of the season in a u20 game.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby DC United » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:58 pm

A really dull 90 minutes. Thought the first booking that led to the sending off was harsh, but the second was completely justified. Thistle sat in, as you would expect and we were unable to break them down. Imrie had a real off day and Longridge was his usual - a waste of a jersey.

The centre half's did well, though not really tested. The new left back looks decent. Thought Nade held the ball up well enough and won some good flick ons but without any support the moves just petered out. Late on, I felt Morris should have been brought on for Longridge and gone two up front, but I don't know if Nade had 90 mins in him.

We had two or three good chances to win, but I can't say we particularly deserved to. It's only the first game of the season but indicates we will struggle to score or break teams down.
DC United
Pub League

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives