Accies .V. Partick Thistle - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Partick Thistle - MATCH THREAD

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:32 pm

I heard Chick Young on my way to the game say that Nade had won all the bleep tests during pre season so you would think he did have 90 mins in him. Longridge was the obvious sub especially as Kurakins was more or less playing as a left winger at that stage.

Seeing Ali's miss again, if he had got it on target it would likely have hit Nade who was right in front of goal. He didn't have much to aim for and was getting closed down quickly by two defenders.

Any news on Chamorro? Club is strangely silent and not answering queries on twitter.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby master1 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:10 pm

Dull game, Imrie still has the touch of an elephant he was really poor today, Turner wasn't up to much, don't know if he'll manage at this level, Longbridge same as last season but appears to be the golden boy so I think he will start regardless. The back 4 were solid, Crawford and Gillespie I thought played well, Nade held the ball up and looks strong, hard to see from yesterdays efforts if he's a goalscorer that we desperately need. Kurakins and Kurtaj look like players so they'll probably be on the bench or in the 20's soon.
I certainly wasn't impressed today same as the end of last season passing the ball across the back four, only using the wingers in the last third, no goalscorer, it actually looked as if we had 10 men and were holding on until the last 10minutes, but too little too late when we actually got going.
First game of the season so we need to be a bit patient but if the negativty continues in play who knows where we will end up.
On another note I didn't see many new faces in the centre section of the stand , it would be interesting to see how many Adult season tickets were sold and how many weren't renewed from last season.
master1
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:22 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:I heard Chick Young on my way to the game say that Nade had won all the bleep tests during pre season so you would think he did have 90 mins in him. Longridge was the obvious sub especially as Kurakins was more or less playing as a left winger at that stage.

Seeing Ali's miss again, if he had got it on target it would likely have hit Nade who was right in front of goal. He didn't have much to aim for and was getting closed down quickly by two defenders.

Any news on Chamorro? Club is strangely silent and not answering queries on twitter.

I'm sure they've deleted the tweet saying he had signed. Very strange. The BBC website said yesterday in the match report that he was lacking fitness.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:27 pm

On another note I didn't see many new faces in the centre section of the stand , it would be interesting to see how many Adult season tickets were sold and how many weren't renewed from last season.

Crowd yesterday was 2872 of which it was tweeted that 1321 were patrick fans so 1551 for an opening home support is not bad. But as it seems we have given away season tickets and presumably comps yesterday hard to tell. One or two missing around me but then a lot of folk are still on holiday. Suspect season tickets sales were the same as or down maybe 50/70 on last year. Who bought their season ticket on Saturday and if its an adult ticket what number is it. They seem to have sold them sequentially.
Alfie Olek

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:08 pm

What should have happened was at half-time Morris should have joined Nade up front and been told not to drift out wide just to stay in box , play should have been a lot quicker with more balls in the box , with ten minutes left and with Thistle knackered we should have put Lucas up front to join them , Doolan was causing no problems so we could easily have afforded to make that move and just bombard them , instead we have given Thistle a huge lift by letting them off the hook , the way we were playing it was always going to take a great strike to break them down , aerial route with plenty of height in box would have done it , oh well lets hope it does not cost us at end of season .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:41 am

master1 wrote:On another note I didn't see many new faces in the centre section of the stand , it would be interesting to see how many Adult season tickets were sold and how many weren't renewed from last season.

Heard a comment that it was 800 seasons sold and I was quite impressed, until I heard that this figure also included the free child tickets. If, and it's unlikely, that everyone took their three free child tickets, then that would mean only 200 seasons sold!!

Real figure is probably around 350 at best, i suspect.
porcupine
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives