Accies .V. Partick - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Partick - Match Thread

Postby Admin » Thu May 07, 2015 11:54 pm

Time to pay them back for that 5-0 drubbing back in January?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Partick - Match Thread

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Fri May 08, 2015 9:20 am

In the two League prior to Scottish Cup and League gubbings, Accies were extremely fortunate to manage 4 pts from the 2 matches.

However, I agree with above, the 5-0 humiliation was not pleasant on the eye!

Don't see any reason to change the line-up, possibly Brophy getting a start may be worth a look, as mentioned previously I remain to be convinced by Eamonn at this level.

I am certainly hopeful of another victory in the 5/5 post split victories quest!!
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:43 am

Not a big game in the wider scheme of things but after his start every game is big for Martin. Would be good to see Ziggy back. I am not convinced by Brophy (yet) and can understand to a certain extent him being protected, but if its him or Scotland I would go for Brophy every time. Brophy certainly deserves the 35 mins from when Jason's limping around goes beyond acceptable levels.

Imrie on one side and Longridge on the other looked promising last week. Partick have throughout the season been widely erratic so it maybe depends more on which of their teams turns up.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:23 pm

Not much interest in the pre/post match thread; I predict interest will increase in the event of a defeat :)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat May 09, 2015 5:25 pm

Oh well we will take the point and maybe the draw is just about right; although I thought Thistle were a bit more determined and physical, whilst we were a bit more pedestrian and uninspired.

Jesus hit the bar and the ball didn't bounce in and on another day Imrie would have won a penalty ant they would have been down to 10 men; Nigel was also unlucky with a chip attempt.

Gills, Daz and Ali were out fought in the middle but some of Ali's passing was great. Scotland is a total waste of a shirt and surely MC cannot justify him staring or even coming off the bench. Daz was poor I thought and got involved when not required - but great for Greg and he deserves more game time before we finish.

Devlin's injury is a blow and hopefully its not as bad as we may fear. But we don't need to rush him as Lucas looked good.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby hamilton1 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:10 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Oh well we will take the point and maybe the draw is just about right; although I thought Thistle were a bit more determined and physical, whilst we were a bit more pedestrian and uninspired.

Jesus hit the bar and the ball didn't bounce in and on another day Imrie would have won a penalty ant they would have been down to 10 men; Nigel was also unlucky with a chip attempt.

Gills, Daz and Ali were out fought in the middle but some of Ali's passing was great. Scotland is a total waste of a shirt and surely MC cannot justify him staring or even coming off the bench. Daz was poor I thought and got involved when not required - but great for Greg and he deserves more game time before we finish.

Devlin's injury is a blow and hopefully its not as bad as we may fear. But we don't need to rush him as Lucas looked good.

I wouldn't say crawford was out fought, i thought he had an outstanding game. Gillespie had an ok game, made some good tackles and won the ball, but played himself into trouble too often. I agree that daz never had the best of games.

Second half when 1-0 down we had nothing, the ball was being hoofed up to nigel for partick to easily hit it back up and start a new attack. Our movement in that respect needs improving. I would start Brophy next game, what is there to lose?

On a more positive note, Lucas looked solid again and won majority of headers. With a bit more game time he might be a gem. Would anyone give him an extension to his contract? Also i thought macdonald has turned into a new player, I wouldnt say he was outstanding but his confidence is growing and he no longer looks sheepish in defence. He made some good runs and tackles today and was unlucky not to score in the first half (Albeit his finish was poor) I thought Lyon had a good game. Both these players games have improved dramatically, hopefully over time they can become first team regulars.

Well done to Greg for getting his goal, he took it well. Hope Devlin isnt injured for too long.. it looked a sore one.

i think in the last 2 games we should freshen up the team a little and give starts to some youth players. Or even try out a new formation or test some new set piece tactics. That way we can see what works and what doesnt, so if Plan A doesnt work next season we have a tested formation to fall back on (granted its only 2 games left)
hamilton1
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat May 09, 2015 7:37 pm

No comments so far on the ridiculous amount of injury time. Around thirteen minutes should have been added at the end of that crazy first half, six were added initially when it should have been eleven and a further two played for yet another injury during the stoppages. Refs in Scotland rob us blind of playing time we have paid to see but this was the all time worst. Devlin's injury alone took 6 or 7 minutes to deal with despite seemingly the twitter saying three minutes.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun May 10, 2015 10:21 am

https://nl.proxfree.com/permalink.php?u ... D%3D&bit=1

Jesus didn't 'score', we should have had a penalty for the tackle on Imrie and they should have seen red for that. Daz should also have been red carded.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun May 10, 2015 10:20 pm

A very underwhelming match.....

The amount of injuries/stoppages didn't help the flow of the game (hope both Devlin and Stevenson aren't seriously hurt).

Struggling to think who was best for us.....Crawford started well and then fell out of it but still managed a few exquisite passes, Imrie and Longridge should swap sides and start running at defenders instead of cutting inside into the traffic....this infuriates me......

Lucas looks very solid, won everything in the air and MacDonald had a very good first half but fell asleep for the goal.

Passing wasn't as sharp today, too many errant passes. Again we reserve a rubbish (ok, below average) performance for Partick Thistle........
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Jimmy Liddle » Mon May 11, 2015 12:37 am

Thought it was a really poor game with two rotten teams. In saying that I thought Thistle on the whole were much better than us and we were fortunate to get anything from the game. Nothing much more to say really apart from the fact that IMO we haven't improved since the last time I saw us play. No doubt cannings two fantastic victories over Motherwell and Kilmarnock will have saved his skin.

What's his record now Won 2 Drew 5 Lost 9, 11 points out of a possible 48?
Jimmy Liddle
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:35 pm

A good news story post the game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32699425
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue May 12, 2015 5:15 pm

I read that too. I picked up on his comments about Beuzelin.

Manager Martin Canning, head of youth George Cairns and his predecessor Frankie McAvoy - now Alex Neil's assistant at Norwich - all get a mention, but Docherty emphasised the effect of French assistant boss Beuzelin.
"He's brilliant with the boys,"
he added. "His drills are really good and he's probably still better than most of us - he does the drills with us and shows us up quite a lot! Him and the gaffer are brilliant.

Make me wonder if recent improvements are down too him. Shoe in for manager IMO :twisted:
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Tue May 12, 2015 5:23 pm

I've heard that Swales was a shambles and Bozlan has stepped up big time, now surprise that results have turned since Swales left.

I think this is down to Bozey more than canning!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue May 12, 2015 6:51 pm

I was in early on Saturday and could see that Boozy was VERY actively involved in the pre-match warm up. He is clearly passionate about football, and, sitting above the home dug-out, it was clear when MC was suspended, that Boozy was encouraging/coaching from the sidelines throughout the match.

Passive managers/coaches we DO not need, so hopefully we will have signed Guillaume up for a while. It is good news that the players like him too. Mind you, I cannot remember him playing for us, and my memory has not completely collapsed yet. When was he wearing the Hoops, again??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Tue May 12, 2015 7:50 pm

2009/10 season. Remember him setting up a goal in a 2-1 win at Pittodrie, although I wasn't there, and being unfairly sent off against someone, Motherwell possibly.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue May 12, 2015 7:58 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:2009/10 season. Remember him setting up a goal in a 2-1 win at Pittodrie, although I wasn't there, and being unfairly sent off against someone, Motherwell possibly.

yes, 2 yellows in the first half for 2 minor tackles against them on his debut- it finished 2 -2 with Well scoring late to equalise.

Canning and Beuzelin are the only 2 from that team still at the club.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue May 12, 2015 11:45 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Whiskeytown wrote:2009/10 season. Remember him setting up a goal in a 2-1 win at Pittodrie, although I wasn't there, and being unfairly sent off against someone, Motherwell possibly.

yes, 2 yellows in the first half for 2 minor tackles against them on his debut- it finished 2 -2 with Well scoring late to equalise.

Canning and Beuzelin are the only 2 from that team still at the club.

Was that at Fir Park?? If so, I do remember an Accies player sent off on his debut there.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:14 am

redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed May 13, 2015 9:11 pm

Thanks.
porcupine
Premiership

Return to Match Day Archives