Accies .V. Motherwell - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Motherwell - Match Thread

Postby WILF » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:41 pm

We look dangerous going forward and have played well enough. Our nervousness at the back is worrying as we look like losing a goal on each attack. I hope we can go on and get a second that might settle us down.

Hendrie adds nothing he's a passenger. Slow, clumsy, poor passing, liability.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Park Materson » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:45 pm

Jeez oh!
45 mins away from 1/14 and all the shite that will bring from the happyclapping bawbags such as gaspode.
Lol.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:45 pm

Good result but some absolute honking performances

Devlin, Galespie, hasselbank,Hendrie Longridge

We miss MAC big time!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby WILF » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Delighted for Canning to get his first victory.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby RyanT » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:03 pm

2 good goals, a clean sheet, and our first victory since January 4th. Onwards and upwards!

Slightly concerned with just how positive Canning sounded in his post match interview, since on another day we might have lost 4 goals due to sloppy defending, but let's just chalk this up to him being elated at his first win as manager.
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:07 pm

Park Materson wrote:Jeez oh!
45 mins away from 1/14 and all the shite that will bring from the happyclapping bawbags such as gaspode.
Lol.

You really are a pathetic individual.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:18 pm

H9crx wrote:Good result but some absolute honking performances

Devlin, Galespie, hasselbank,Hendrie Longridge

We miss MAC big time!

Devlin had a fine game. Several good interventions and unlucky not to score. Gillespie did well. Hendrie and Lyon were poor but dug in and played their part. Louis too. Can you not enjoy our FOURTH win over Well?
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby yuggyboy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:24 pm

I thought Gillespie was good. Longridge gave us nothing but at least he did not make any major mistakes. Lucas looked solid when he came on and I thought Lyon played well. Yes there was luck involved but it was nice to get some this time. Devlin is growing into his role but Hendry does not really seem to give us much. Good to get a win - let's try some of the others in the next 4 games - maybe Brophy will decided to stay if we give him some game time - he would be better staying with us for another year anyway - suppose it depends on his agent though (they seem to control everything these days). I would love to see him get an extended run in the team. Having a beer as I type and this time it is as part of a celebration - enjoy it methinks!! :D
yuggyboy
Pub League

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:33 pm

Blah blah blah - have we consigned the smell to a play off with the Huns or the hibees?
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby hamilton1 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:48 pm

What a brilliant result. McGovern having another outstanding game. Crawford and imrie also had a great game. I thought Gillespie did ok and Mackinnon showed great determination in the middle. Motherwell could of won that game but it was the luck we have been missing in recent games. Hopefully county win tomorrow. Also I though big
Lucas was absolutely solid when he came on. Well done Accies. Let's press on and get another win next week
hamilton1
Pub League

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:25 pm

Excellent result. It's amazing how better we played with a bit of confidence through the team. Darian played great and bossed the game at times. Ali must love playing against Motherwell and McGovern again proved how good a keeper he is.

Well done to the young team tonight too. Superb and loved them playing everyone out the ground with twist and shout.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:37 pm

I wondered where the goals would come from, well from Jason and Ali of course. I look forward to seeing them on the tele highlights. The spirit showed against United evident tonight and once the second went in Well seemed to give up. Lucas looked solid when he came on but Hasselbank still way off the pace. Happy with that. (The result not Nigel's fitness!)
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:40 pm

To me that looks like 2 experienced managers Motherwell have had and yet none of the guaranteed success proclaimed by many on here?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby DC United » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:10 am

Thank God for that! We rode our luck at time (something missing recently?) but at the same time if Devlins header had gone in we would have been 2 up at half time. Still nervous at times and lacking the swagger we had by the end of 2014 but a great result.

I thought Devlin and Imrie were great. Ali and Gillespie put in good performances too. McGovern showed his class with some vital saves. Big Lucas looked promising and could do a job as a no nonsense centre half (don't let his nationality fool you in to thinking he's another David Luiz!). A few questionable performances but why be negative? I make that 11-4 on aggrigate over Motherwell. I'll settle for that! :D
DC United
Pub League

Postby AmanAccie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:18 am

Thought we looked the better side overall and they just resorted to lobbing high balls up to catch us out for pace. They hit the bar and had a couple Tha went just wide. McGovern pulled off a sensational save with 5 minutes to go but we had chances ourselves, we also hit the bar and unlike Motherwell we were able to score two very tidy goals. Jason Scotland always leaves his best football till the end of the season it would appear. Ali's goal was lovely, Imrie is an absolute machine. Big Tagliatelle looked very solid and I'd be happy to see him start a game. Areas we could improve but what a difference it is to come out the ground after a win. Especially to those twats. Stealing the twist and shout song from them was the highlight for me lol did you notice the life draining out them all. Fuck the Well!
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:36 am

Good result, reasonably good performance.

Devlin's defending was very good but his distribution, along with Gillespie, Hendrie and Crawford, at times was horrific.

Imrie had a very good 2nd half, as did the whole of the midfield, pressing Motherwell into playing long balls and making mistakes......much more like first part of the season.

McGovern again made vital stops but I thought for the first time in months we saw a smashing game from McKinnon.

Tagliapetra looked decent when he came on.....won most in the air.

Again, Hasselbaink looks miles off the pace.......he looked knackered 10 minutes after coming on.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:39 pm

FECKING YES .........

That's all........
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby simonswimmer » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:10 pm

Missed this game and couldn't watch on TV, but the result brings much satisfaction especially given the last encounter at fir park - one of the bleakest nights I've had as an accies fan.

I've never hated Motherwell the way some other accies fans do, but can't deny it would be nice to have had a major hand in them getting relegated. Would be a bit of consolation for missing out on the top 6
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby Begs.hafc » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:19 pm

get in there!!!delighted for canzo.thought we were reasonably good,but still much better than them.is it ok to be happy on this forum or does that make you clueless!some fans(or so called fans)need to get a grip on reality!FTW
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby AmanAccie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:32 pm

What's goin on here according to H9crx we wouldn't win again. I think he might be disappointed we wont make the playoffs now. Nothing like the satisfaction of saying I told you so!
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives