Motherwell .v. Accies - 27 Sept

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Motherwell .v. Accies - 27 Sept

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:07 pm

Bxxxxxd Away for a weeks holiday and missed probably one of the most significant games in Accies history. 9 games unbeaten in all competitions. bring on Celtic. A result of any kind would be of real football history :o
Alfie Olek

Postby Colombian Boffin » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:34 pm

Beastie wrote:Quite simply the best Hamilton Accies performance I have ever seen in over 40 years of supporting them. Perfect...just feckin brilliant!!!

Even better on Alba! Totally dominant, and well worthy of the result. I thought the team that finished 7th was good, but this is an even better all round team and the style of football is much better.

The good spell that Motherwell had in the 2nd half should have resulted in a goal for them, but up front they were shocking.

Thanks to Alex and all the coaching staff and players! Happy tonight!
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby L12Comical » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:15 pm

Just watched on BBC Alba - best performance I've seen watching Accies on and off since 1974.

Previous favourite Fir Park memory was New Years Day 1980.

Accies leading 2-1 in the last minute. Motherwell get a corner. Goalkeeper Hugh Sproat goes up for it (unusual in those days). Rikki Ferguson catches the corner cleanly and launches it into the Motherwell half for Neil Howie to sprint past the hapless Hugh and slot it from the edge of the area. Complete bedlam followed.

Seems like it was only yesterday.

Any more Motherwell favourites? - perhaps worth a thread of it's own?

Finally - thanks for setting up the new forum!
L12Comical
Pub League

Postby Still ill » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:25 am

I agree with previous poster, ,i have waited a long long time to supercede the Neil Howie game and we have just done it. was thinking about that game today. Simply The best Hamiton team I have EVER seen
Still ill
Pub League

Postby Alexander the Great » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:40 am

don't think McCall done motherwells chances any good with 7 changes ! they were not that bad Wednesday to deserve that their defence was shocking to say the least. ali Crawford continues to be accies most improved player this season and thoroughly would have deserved man o the match, well done accies passed them off the park and along with Dundee united were the best teams to watch in the league.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby EKaccie » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:41 am

Great score wish I was their! Historic is the word to describe this game
EKaccie
Pub League

Postby View From Afar » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:06 am

What is so pleasing about watching Accies these days is seeing the quality of passing, off the ball movement and speed with which we attack - regardless of whether an attack results in a goal or not, it usually at least brings a smile of appreciation to your face and that is so so different from the many Accies teams I've seen in 50+ years of watching!

Accies thoroughly outplayed Well and the respective league positions of both teams are fully justified. And the fact that we can win so convincingly without so many of our more experienced players shows that we do have some genuine depth to our squad. We do need to press on though and get as many points in the bag before January as there are bound to be some bigger clubs coming calling then.

Congratulations to the Board for having the foresight to appoint Alex as manager, congrats to Alex for a simply stellar performance as manager and congrats to all the players for playing such attractive and effective football. Long may it continue - its a good time to be an Accies supporter!!! :)
View From Afar
Pub League

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:13 am

What a result. What a performance!!

What pleased me most was how even at three nil up we still played superb football and kept attacking. None of this keep the ball in the corner and that's where the fourth came from.

It's dificult to single out one player in such a great team performance but Ali Crawford was fantastic. As others have said he's tackling hard, winning headers and his attacking play yesterday was superb.

The support was excellant too. We will eventually hit a bad spell (although I don't see how at the moment) but this team deserve all the support we can give them.

Great times to be an Accies fan.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Working for Cunard » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Mrs WFC less than impressed that, away for a long weekend to celebrate 20 years married, that I spend most of the afternoon trying to ensure that I get a signal for my mobile to keep up. A superb performance - and fantastic that they kept pushing for goals even when the game was won.
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:51 pm

Just new to this forum.

Was at the game yesterday and what a proud day it was to be an Accie.

I could go on all day about how piss poor Motherwell were and it would give us all great pleasure to do so, but that's their problem, not ours.

The way Sir Alex is leading our team is inspirational.
When you think things are going well, they just keep getting better.
Long may it continue.

However, there are things that I think we do need to improve upon.
Mostly being more incisive in front of goal.

For all that Longridge gives to the team, his finishing is poor. Some shooting practice may be called for.
MAC leads the line well, but doesn't have that killer instinct. Scotland is far more clinical, but perhaps doesn't have the legs any longer. If both are suspended/injured, don't think Brophy is quite there yet, so would like AN to consider what is plan B.
Hendrie is still too hesitant on the ball, although much improved aswell.

Best improved players for me are Crawford and Gillespie, who I thought at the season start, would be "bit" players at best.
Having said all of that, surely we must have the best midfield in the league right now. We simply don't give the opposition a second on the ball.

Special mention to all the Accies supporters yesterday, they created a great atmosphere lead by the Accies band.
Superb stuff.
Accies4ever
Championship

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives